The BluRay killer??

I don't see this as a BD killer. Far from it!!!!!

what i see would happen if they get it off the ground at resonable prices.

is this..

it would eventualy replace Netflix and Blockbuster.... or you would see Netflix offering this up as a supplament to there current service..

Netflix is offering it for sure, and thier thier theoretical intent is to do away with discs "eventually". It is in thier interests to make this happen, as the overhead involved in thier current business is too volitaile and make profitability and expansion uncertain.

However, it once again may come down to a format war. If the hardware and the file content are proprietary, then they may face the same set of problems if they are actually asking people to buy ridiculously expensive hardware. If they are wise, they will study format wars of the past (and present!).

Hey Vurbano, I don't think many people can/or going to bother putting another satellite on top of their homes....
Don't think inside the box, think outside the box.

Blu-ray killer my ***.

wow smith you are a dork!! Calm down lol.The xbox 360 went from 1080i to 1080p with a software up date!!! When I got D* last month that's what they said but no date?

wow smith you are a dork!! Calm down lol.The xbox 360 went from 1080i to 1080p with a software up date!!! When I got D* last month that's what they said but no date?
Yeah , what does the 360 have to do with sat. broadcasts?

Again, do you have a link to prove it?

Also, why did you throw a personal attack in? I simply asked.

Last edited:
Yeah , what does the 360 have to do with sat. broadcasts?

Again, do you have a link to prove it?

Also, why did you throw a personal attack in? I simply asked.

The 360 uses a R500 core 1080p was entirely possible with just a slight modification.

Of course that lead to the fact that HDMI had to be released so that some TV's would allow its use.

(Most games though on the 360 are still only 720p, Well in fact most games on either system are even below that in pixel count).

I don't know if the Vip series has enough horse to do 1080p or if in fact that it would be pointless for E* or D* to do since no broadcast is above 1080i.

The 360 uses a R500 core 1080p was entirely possible with just a slight modification.

Of course that lead to the fact that HDMI had to be released so that some TV's would allow its use.

(Most games though on the 360 are still only 720p, Well in fact most games on either system are even below that in pixel count).

I don't know if the Vip series has enough horse to do 1080p or if in fact that it would be pointless for E* or D* to do since no broadcast is above 1080i.
I am aware of what the 360/ps3 can do.
I was asking for a link that proves D* is moving in this direction or that the HR series is even capable of it. He has stated a few times now that they are and only said that a CSR told him so. Those of us with experience with CSRs know how off they can be at times, however he states it as FACT and follows up with a "(insert company name here) sucks".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts