The Bug is back short recording.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

whatchel1

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Sep 30, 2006
Great High Plains
Well it happened on my 722k this AM. Haven't had it happen in many months. The recording was stopped less than 1/2 way into the show (in this case the BBC News on BBC Am 135 EA). It showed that all of the hour had recorded. PITA it seems to be showing up again.

Well it happened on my 722k this AM. Haven't had it happen in many months. The recording was stopped less than 1/2 way into the show (in this case the BBC News on BBC Am 135 EA). It showed that all of the hour had recorded. PITA it seems to be showing up again.
i had a recording cut a few minutes short on one of my 722s yesterday. i didn't think anything about it

One thing to check is if the recording was interrupted, by going to the daily schedule which will tell you what show were interrupted and how. If there are no digital rights management locks that would prevent a complete recording, that would be the first and best way to begin troubleshooting the situation. other things that could affect recording would be power interruptions, or intermittent signal loss. the current software version and release dates in this series are: L7.22 for the model 722, issued 11Dec11, L7.50 released 11Nov, or L6.90 released 11Oct for the model 722k. If you are not on one of these versions, You will need to update to the most current version.

Lou Farris, MBA
Internet Response Team
Dish Network, LLC
OpID IQH

Besides having a recording end early, I’ve also had a few that started a couple minutes. I set to start recording 1 min before the hour but it starts about 1 min after the hour. IOW you lose the opening scene, which is important in shows such as CSI.

If I hit the DVR button 3 times & look back into the previously recorded program & hit the Info button this is what showed up.

Start Time: 3:39 pm
AV Record: 4:01 pm
Stop Time: 5:03 pm
AV Stopped: 5:03 pm

The start time is correct but the AV record time is different. On properly recorded programs the Start Time and AV Record are exactly the same. Something changed the AV Record time on the problem recordings. I presume " AV" stands for Audio/Video.

If you do the same with your corrupt short recording, are both stop times the same? I don’t know if means anything in this recording ending early scenario, but it might lead to the cause of the problem.

One thing to check is if the recording was interrupted, by going to the daily schedule which will tell you what show were interrupted and how. If there are no digital rights management locks that would prevent a complete recording, that would be the first and best way to begin troubleshooting the situation. other things that could affect recording would be power interruptions, or intermittent signal loss. the current software version and release dates in this series are: L7.22 for the model 722, issued 11Dec11, L7.50 released 11Nov, or L6.90 released 11Oct for the model 722k. If you are not on one of these versions, You will need to update to the most current version.

Lou Farris, MBA
Internet Response Team
Dish Network, LLC
OpID IQH

No interruptions listed have L7.50 in a 722k.
Start Time 4:48 am
AV recorded 5:00am
Stop time 6:00am
AV stopped 6:00am.
Guys this isn't a new rodeo for me. We have had this bug before and it went away. The last time that we were talking about this was several months ago so sure looked like it was over with. Also I've been here on this site for many years and have over 7500 posts. So treating me like newbie was a little insulting. Thanks for the responses even though not seeing much in the way of answers on the problem.

I just experienced the bug when playing a movie I downloaded via the Internet. The movie was 1 hr 41 mins, and that was displayed in the status bar. But it ended in less than 30 mins. I went back & FF through the movie & watched the status bar time. It went from 0 to 1hr 41mins, but ended at the same spot as when I watching it. IOW than 30 mins of actual viewing time.

Just had the same thing happen for the first time in several months, 5 min into a recording and time left went to zero although it says it recorded an hour. I really hoped this was behind us.

You are looking at the right place with the AV time not the timer's time.
Also look back a few items in the Daily Schedule, DVR thrice or Menu+7.
Could your daily reboot have not finished? Another show not ended? Signal loss?

-Ken

Strange problem. I remember the other posts from some time ago. Wish I had the answer for you but do not. I must have a bug free 722K. 95% of anything I look at is a recording. Can pass ads that way. And I do a ton of recording. Since I received my 722K on June 1st of this year, it has never had this problem. I can see why it would tic off anyone.

You are looking at the right place with the AV time not the timer's time.
Also look back a few items in the Daily Schedule, DVR thrice or Menu+7.
Could your daily reboot have not finished? Another show not ended? Signal loss?

-Ken
The daily reboot took place 2 hr before. It wasn't the front that was gone but the last part gone. If it was a reboot issue it would've been missing on the front of the record. All events showed to have recorded correctly but not all of that one program just wasn't there.

There are also "spontaneous" reboots. Usually associated with very heavy use--multiple recordings, EHD transfer, and guide searching, all at once. And punching the buttons too rapidly and not letting it catch up. Not allowing the daily reset is also likely to cause them especially if not rebooted for several days. Weak OTA signals, even if not being viewed or recorded, are problematic--always leave each OTA tuner on a strong, steady signal.
-Ken

There are also "spontaneous" reboots. Usually associated with very heavy use--multiple recordings, EHD transfer, and guide searching, all at once. And punching the buttons too rapidly and not letting it catch up. Not allowing the daily reset is also likely to cause them especially if not rebooted for several days. Weak OTA signals, even if not being viewed or recorded, are problematic--always leave each OTA tuner on a strong, steady signal.
-Ken
Not here it was recording only 1 thing very early in the morning. It was well before I got up. it had just rebooted at 3 in the AM. OTA isn't the problem either have all that taken care of. Plus if it is OTA problem then it says part of recording is missing it doesn't stop completely. The recording just stop at about 20 to 30 mins in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts