The c31 is what they want you to have

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
May I ask what his upfront costs were. 3 weeks ago, I was told:

HR34: $99
HR24: $99
HR24: $199
H25: Free
Total: $400

OR

H25 or C31: FREE

Did my best to negotiate with 2 different supervisors with no luck...just kept adding programming discounts vs upfront costs

DishRich.

Just got off the phone with a Directv case manager. He said that he just went to training where they mentioned that the functionality to enable the C31 to view content from any HD DVR (not just the HR34) is in testing and is targeted to be released by the end of the year. Not holding my breath - but it is a move in the right direction.

Haha.. No matter the company. Never believe what a rep tells you is coming soon. They are probably just trying to get you off the phone.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

May I ask what his upfront costs were. 3 weeks ago, I was told:

HR24: $199
H25: Free
Total: $400

OR

Did my best to negotiate with 2 different supervisors with no luck...just kept adding programming discounts vs upfront costs

Under current promotion:
1st HR34 or HR24: Free
Additional HR24: $199
Up to 3 C31s: Free (HR34 required)
H25: $99

Under the current promotion, there is no scenario where an H25 is free if there is a DVR on the account. I would not expect this to change.

JM42 said:
Under current promotion:
1st HR34 or HR24: Free
Additional HR24: $199
Up to 3 C31s: Free (HR34 required)
H25: $99

Under the current promotion, there is no scenario where an H25 is free if there is a DVR on the account. I would not expect this to change.

$600 up front for a new customer to get an HR34 and (3) HR24s. Seems excessive. I hope the local dealer gave them a better deal!

$600 up front for a new customer to get an HR34 and (3) HR24s. Seems excessive. I hope the local dealer gave them a better deal!

That scenario has gone through a bit of a shell game, but is not really any different than what it would have been under the old promotion. It would have been:
HR34: 99
1st HR24: 99
2nd HR24: 199
3rd HR24: 199
$596 Total.

The biggest disadvantage under the current pricing is if you want H25s as your clients - they are no longer free under any DVR scenario. A multiple HR24 only config would have been a little less as well.

We it's kind of strange. He showed me the bill and the price was

HR34-$199
HR24-$99
HR24-$99
HR24-$99
SWM16-$0
Slimline-$0

I don't see how that pricing works. Unless the dealer is kicking some of the cost back to D*? Anyway I told him he got a good deal.

HR34-$199
HR24-$99
HR24-$99
HR24-$99
SWM16-$0
Slimline-$0

I don't see how that pricing works. Unless the dealer is kicking some of the cost back to D*? Anyway I told him he got a good deal.

Agreed, saved $100 over "list." There has always been some wiggle with dealers or even with CSR roulette.

HR34-$199
HR24-$99
HR24-$99
HR24-$99
SWM16-$0
Slimline-$0

That's a pretty awesome setup. Record 11 things at a time. That recording list would be massive after a month or two of recordings. Never watch one minute of live tv again as you could record all the major channels 24/7. ACAT! Any Channel Any Time.

And still amazes me... All through two coax cables from the dish to the house. And one coax to each receiver.

Chip
He means if you mount the switch outside you only need 2 cables to come in.....to the 2 8x1 splitters as example
I had to think about that for a second ;)

Last edited:
Chip
He means if you mount the dish outside you only need 2 cables to come in.....to the 2 8x1 splitters as example

Mount the dish outside? I hope so! ;) Yes, the switch is mounted with the dish on the side of the house. I wouldn't want that hot little SWM16 in my attic anyways. Two cables come in. One goes directly to the SWM16. The other goes to a 4 way splitter for the H25, H25, HR24, and DECA. Need to get rid of the DECA and just go straight to the HR34. The DECA is 2 inches from the HR34 connected to 8 port switch that sits behind the HR34. My power inserted is on the DECA leg.

Mount the dish outside? I hope so! ;) Yes, the switch is mounted with the dish on the side of the house. I wouldn't want that hot little SWM16 in my attic anyways. Two cables come in. One goes directly to the SWM16. The other goes to a 4 way splitter for the H25, H25, HR24, and DECA. Need to get rid of the DECA and just go straight to the HR34. The DECA is 2 inches from the HR34 connected to 8 port switch that sits behind the HR34. My power inserted is on the DECA leg.

How can you feed a swm16 with only one cable?

Chip
He means if you mount the switch outside you only need 2 cables to come in.....to the 2 8x1 splitters as example

I figured that, but if he didn't have over eight tuners, one cable would suffice. Apparently he has nine.

I figured that, but if he didn't have over eight tuners, one cable would suffice. Apparently he has nine.

And no 8x1 splitters here. Keep it lean and to only the ports I need on swm just like I would a cable tv install. Swm and cable tv installs are pretty close except the headend is on the side of the house.

Now the dumb installer that replaced the H25 with the HR24 and had to install the swm16, he swapped the lnb, mounted the swm16 sideways and only hooked up one side to the 9 tuners. He couldn't figure out why it would not pass IVR. He finally got it to pass by going up and down the attic about 50 times and left.

His boss came back out the same day to fix it when I saw what was wrong. Even I knew better! And that was the first time I saw a swm16 before.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)