The c31 is what they want you to have

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Rich...I need to test your last clarifying question about C31 playing recordings from HR24, but I think it can as it is just an extension of the HR34.

Either I don't know how to do it or you can't do it, but I just taped something on the HR24 and I can see it in the list on the HR34 but CANNOT see the recording on my C31.

I did just move the location of the C31...not sure if I need to do anything or not.

Thoughts???

If this in fact is true that you can only see recordings from the HR34 on the C31s, than Directv needs to educate their people that this limitation exists as I added the other DVR to expand my recording capacity. Also, they need to not call it whole home DVR because that is just not true!!

Last edited:
Wow, I am so happy that I got my HR34 for the $99, and 3 free H25's a few months back. Having the extra tuners free for recording is a must in my house. We had Dish, and I couldn't tell you how many times my kids would screw up recordings. Now with D*, I haven't had one conflict in the 3 months we have had it.

If I were ordering now, I would try and push them for free H25's, stating that they always used to give free HD boxes. It is worth a shot for the extra tuners.

Wow, I am so happy that I got my HR34 for the $99, and 3 free H25's a few months back. Having the extra tuners free for recording is a must in my house. We had Dish, and I couldn't tell you how many times my kids would screw up recordings. Now with D*, I haven't had one conflict in the 3 months we have had it.

If I were ordering now, I would try and push them for free H25's, stating that they always used to give free HD boxes. It is worth a shot for the extra tuners.

Exactly. The 5 tuners that no one can take is awesome.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

No tuner in C31 equals smaller, limited software updates, less noise.

Wish I had you as an installer.

I can't hear my H25's at all. They must have gave me the silent ones.

One thing that would make a lot of noise would be the wife when her shows didn't record since one or two C31s stole a couple tuners.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

LSwho? :). My wife complete opposite...doesn't record much but has to pause live TV....just trying to make the boss happy.

If this in fact is true that you can only see recordings from the HR34 on the C31s, than Directv needs to educate their people that this limitation exists as I added the other DVR to expand my recording capacity. Also, they need to not call it whole home DVR because that is just not true!!

So unislick, did you attempt to re-try playing back an HR24 recording, from your C31; does it work now???

dishrich said:
So unislick, did you attempt to re-try playing back an HR24 recording, from your C31; does it work now???

Haven't tried it again...was I to try something different to make it work?

Quick question guys. Does anyone know say for instance I'm watching live programming on my hr34 and my other four tuners are recording programs what happens if I go to one of my other tv's that's using a c31? Will it let me watch what's being recorded or will it not let me watch anything but what's on the dvr?

I just found a great thread on the C31s at DBS Talk (not sure if I am allowed to mention the other guy on this site). http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=208146&page=4. DishRich - I linked to page 4 specifically because this page reflects that the C31 currently does NOT access content from other DVRs except the HR34. Which sux...but hopefully it will be coming soon!

Last edited:
unislick, you can mention dbstalk here, but you might not have the same luck mentioning Satelliteguys over there! :)

Quick question guys. Does anyone know say for instance I'm watching live programming on my hr34 and my other four tuners are recording programs what happens if I go to one of my other tv's that's using a c31? Will it let me watch what's being recorded or will it not let me watch anything but what's on the dvr?

They can only watch pre-recorded programming. I assume you could watch something that is recording at the time too

DishRich.

Just got off the phone with a Directv case manager. He said that he just went to training where they mentioned that the functionality to enable the C31 to view content from any HD DVR (not just the HR34) is in testing and is targeted to be released by the end of the year. Not holding my breath - but it is a move in the right direction.

I got friend signed up with D* and when he called to sign up he wanted a HR34 and 3 HR24's for his whole home setup, Apparently all the rep wanted to give him was an HR34 & 3 C31's which he said absolutely not to. He ended up going thru a local dealer to get what he wanted and has the install scheduled for the 29 so all is good.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts