The caller ID gets recorded

joedoe

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
The caller ID gets recorded if somebody calls during the program recording. Is that behavior intentional?

Last edited:
If you are talking about recording with a DVR it should not happen. When you say recorded what do you mean? Are you recording with a VCR or a DVD burner? Because if so, yes it is part of the image. To prevent this you can turn off CID in the menu (how you get to it depends which box you have).

With both the 522 and 622 DVR's it is NOT recorded to the DVR storage. As posted above you must be recording to a VCR or DVD burner right?

I have 622 and I'm recording to DVR and it records the caller id.

And to be even more precise I'm recording using TV2 tuner while watching TV1 program.

I never had that happen with any dvr that dish made. I had the 510, 721, 921, 522 and 622 and never saw that.

Your DVD burner will record anything that appears on the TV screen, your 622 will not record the pop us, but if one happens while recording to your DVD burner, it will be recorded on the DVD, as it is part of the signal being sent from the 622 to the DVD burner.

As mentioned before turn off the CID when recording to your DVD burner

I've had this happen on my 508 and 510 DVR. Both show the caller id on playback, but only sometimes. If you transfer that dvr recording to a dvd, you see it. I simply turned off the caller id feture (my cordless phone has it anyway). Could it have something to do with having dsl?? I have a dsl filter on the line at the box, but was just curious.

Never heard of this before, it'd be good to isolate the cause of it though. I never use the caller ID on my receivers, but I may start just to see if this happens

I've had this happen on my 508 and 510 DVR. Both show the caller id on playback, but only sometimes. If you transfer that dvr recording to a dvd, you see it. I simply turned off the caller id feture (my cordless phone has it anyway). Could it have something to do with having dsl?? I have a dsl filter on the line at the box, but was just curious.

DSL? It has nothing to do with DSL.

The receiver overlays the caller id over top of the program it has recorded but it still has to send it out to the TV through what ever type of cable your receiver is connected to the TV with so you can see it on the screen, the DVD recorder records everything that is fed to it through the connection to the receiver.

The caller ID pop up becomes part of the signal being sent to the DVD recorder, but it is not recorded on the Dish receiver

The DVD recorder or VCR or stand alone Tivo or what ever the recording device is, records whatever is being fed to it & the TV. If you hit the info button while recording guess what, the info window gets recorded on the DVD but not on the dish DVR recording, if you hit the guide button the guide it is going to show up on the DVD recording but not on the DVR recording, hit pause on your receiver & the pause bar will be recorded on the DVD.

All those things are overlayed over the DVR recording, but become part of the feed when sent to the TV or DVD recorder or VCR or whatever.

The DVD recorder does not know that the caller ID pop up should not be recorded & even if it did has no way to separate it from the show underneath of the pop up

DSL? It has nothing to do with DSL.

The receiver overlays the caller id over top of the program it has recorded but it still has to send it out to the TV through what ever type of cable your receiver is connected to the TV with so you can see it on the screen, the DVD recorder records everything that is fed to it through the connection to the receiver.

The caller ID pop up becomes part of the signal being sent to the DVD recorder, but it is not recorded on the Dish receiver

The DVD recorder or VCR or stand alone Tivo or what ever the recording device is, records whatever is being fed to it & the TV. If you hit the info button while recording guess what, the info window gets recorded on the DVD but not on the dish DVR recording, if you hit the guide button the guide it is going to show up on the DVD recording but not on the DVR recording, hit pause on your receiver & the pause bar will be recorded on the DVD.

All those things are overlayed over the DVR recording, but become part of the feed when sent to the TV or DVD recorder or VCR or whatever.

The DVD recorder does not know that the caller ID pop up should not be recorded & even if it did has no way to separate it from the show underneath of the pop up

Thanks for the lesson!:) Thats why I'm here, trying to learn new things. I'll just leave the caller id off and won't have to worry about it.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)