The caller ID gets recorded

I seriously doubt this.

Why, its true. My wife was watching her soap that I recorded for her when the CID info popped up on the screen and she answered the phone and it was a dial tone. When she told me I backed up the recording and sure enough there it was. I'm gonna do another test today to verifiy.

Caller I.D. does not record onto the DRV's HHD any more than say the program guide would if you accessed it while recording. Neither do things like pause & skip or screen modifications. None of this is part of the data that's being sent to the HDD during a DVR recording event.

The absolutely only way that the CID information can be recorded to the DVR is if your DVR is not actually the receiver that is decoding the satellite stream. I.e. you have a Tivo pluged into the video out jacks of your Dish receiver and are recording that stream

If you take the video out of any of the receivers, the callerid info is displayed, as that is the same stream that is sent to your television.

The CID data is not sent down the satellite stream, and since that's what is stored on the HD inside the Dish DVR's, you don't get the CID info.

Think about this for a minute folks and use some logic.

The absolutely only way that the CID information can be recorded to the DVR is if your DVR is not actually the receiver that is decoding the satellite stream. I.e. you have a Tivo pluged into the video out jacks of your Dish receiver and are recording that stream

If you take the video out of any of the receivers, the callerid info is displayed, as that is the same stream that is sent to your television.

The CID data is not sent down the satellite stream, and since that's what is stored on the HD inside the Dish DVR's, you don't get the CID info.

Think about this for a minute folks and use some logic.

Are you sure it is not caused by DSL?:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)