GEOSATpro The channel names on 139W?

Pittsville

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
38N 75W
I did read in another thread that the channel tables on AMC8 are not standard compliant or something like that, so that's probably what I'm asking about. My Azbox will blind scan 139W and report with text channel names, but I obviously cannot listen to them with the Azbox. The Micro HD does a really good job of finding and playing them but the blind scan doesn't return much in the way of a description of what's what. It does tell me enough to identify the channels using reference materials I have found, or the list that the Azbox makes.

I haven't had mine for very long and I messed it up trying to edit the channel list with some descriptions. I put it into a reboot loop the first day or two that I had it. I got that fixed (had fun doing it, but I had to wait a long time for the cable to get here). Anyway, I assume there is probably no way to get it to list the channel names, so is it possible to use a program to import the list from the Azbox and transfer it into a Micro HD? I doubt that, but I thought I would ask. Now that I have the right editor and some ALI experience I think I should be able to edit the list and put names in it, but there are hundreds of channels involved so it will be time consuming.

It took me a long time to be able to aim at the 139W but I finally did it, and I'm really happy to be able to use the Micro HD to hear something more than the DG channels. And, it seems like the Micro HD tells me a little more about those than the Azbox does. I noticed that it gives some kind of 3 letter abbreviation that I don't remember seeing with the Azbox.

To me it's amazing to be able to get so much out of such a little box as the Micro HD, for so little money. I was checking the post office tracking number and I waited for the carrier to bring the Micro HD, but she just stopped at the mailbox and drove off. I thought she didn't deliver it because she usually comes in the driveway and delivers packages to the door. I went to the mailbox to get the mail, and at first I didn't even see the little package, but it was in the mailbox hidden under the regular mail! Micro is the perfect name for it. I call mine the MicroMax, because it is micro sized with maximum performance.

Great to hear that you are liking the microHD!

Not familiar with the AZBox editor, but an export may be possible if it can generate in a text, satcodx or other file compatible with the MES editor import function.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)