The chat blew up!

I don't ever recall this happening

I know we've had way more members in our holiday chat and it was fine

I gave this chat a thumbs up as strange as that sounds. It had a good feeling to it, I liked taking a look back, I wish they could have shown some footage from the first Charlie Chat.

I liked getting a look into the uplink, I would LOVE to go there, the technology amazes me.

There was no news, but we were not expecting any so that was ok. I am surprised no mention that the Sirius Lineup will be changing at the end of the month, and no mention of the Dish 1000.

Oh well. It was fun and I think that is all they aimed to do tonight.

Scott Greczkowski said:
There was no news, but we were not expecting any so that was ok. I am surprised no mention that the Sirius Lineup will be changing at the end of the month, and no mention of the Dish 1000.

In the footage they showed from Dish going into areas damaged by Katrina, there was a Dish 1000 mounted to a pallet I believe.

What sirius changes are happening? I've noticed the rolling stones channel, and margaritaville channel, and a few others were added a couple weeks ago, but what else is changing? Sept. 29th the stern channels will be added, with or without content, is that what you mean?

It's always open just no one ever goes to hang out. Probably because we dont keep a link to it 24/7

It was my very first time, that I watched this "Charlie Chat" and I am still speechless (well in a way -lol).
We all watch Tv - else we wouldn't be here. Dishnetwork makes a lot of money with selling very good quality too and here they put up a show in a quality which is the worst I have seen for a long time.
On one side they have a product millions buy, need, use and pay for it and what do they get in return? A clowns number - a TV product which would have been better done, by anyone, who has a video-camera and a microphone.
If they would light a candle and turned off the "studio-lights - it would have been at least "romantic" (just an example for perception) the lights alone - like "Charlie and his buddie - alone in the deepfreezer".
The sound. leaving alone how they mumbled - was bad as well.
They can't even talk - so no Charlie Show would be better than anything like that.
When you guys reported from the former chats - it was an interesting read, funny and entertaining. Is there nobody who told them already - or are they just so full of it, that they laugh at us anyway?

Matt,

I think you may be missing the point. This "public access quality" TV show is not meant to be a glitzy hollywood production. This is mean to allow the two country boys who started a satellite company to talk to their customers directly. Originally it was a Q&A. In the original chats almost half the show was devoted to answering viewer's e-mails and phone calls. The original Chats were in a livingroom set. They went to the news set a few months later.

Yes the production is cheesy. I wouldn't have it any other way. I liked Laurie Farkas and Jim Ferguson (was that his name?) who did have the pro looking stuff. But that was not the reason I watched. DNN was never any fun. It is the folksines (is that a word?) and the amaturish video production that lets me know these are real people with a real sense of humor and definitely NOT spokespeople. These are the two founders of a multi-billion dollar company taking time out of their day to talk to their customers and (if we are lucky) listen to them directly.

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts