The Chicken Little Channel aka History Channel

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Then you didn't watch last couple of weeks. World War 2 in HD was on for about a week, and on Pearl Harbor Day, some great documentaries about that. I recorded all of it!

Yes, I recorded those horrid shows for my dad. My folks help me out a lot so I fixed dad up with those awful shows. He was as happy as a pig in slop. Ugh........ :(

I just put it on automatic record and did housework each night. In the end, it worked out, Dad is happy.

Thank goodness they finally got off of that broken record. I'm so sick of war stuff. My dad is a war/gun nut and I've had more than enough of that nonsense for this lifetime.

No disrespect intended, but perhaps we should leave political and personal views for a different forum. For everyone with a particular view there are just as many with opposing views, and we don't want to go down that path. Lets stick to what we all have in common: sharing information and ideas about our hobby - FTA satellite TV.

No disrespect intended, but perhaps we should leave political and personal views for a different forum. For everyone with a particular view there are just as many with opposing views, and we don't want to go down that path. Lets stick to what we all have in common: sharing information and ideas about our hobby - FTA satellite TV.

Amen.......

i must be in a good spot for that transponder, i have very few problems with the history channel.
i have it on the stacked lnb on a superdish, but i have the signal absolutely peaked as strong as possible from here.
on a side note, does anyone know why it says its a test channel when you scan it in?

Ok. No more personal opinions from me.

People never have liked anti-war people. I guess the majority of the world would rather make war than peace.

Maybe I just live in the wrong country. Maybe I should move to a country were people aren't all gung-ho to make war on everyone and every thing.

Any future postings I will make here will be strictly limited to satellite stuff.

Just a comment, a redundant one but one that is so true... If you don't read or learn from HISTORY, you are destined to repeat it.

I take this statement to heart. Even if it means reliving bad things from the past in our minds, it hopefully will prevent us from making the same mistakes in the future.

I have no problems with your personal opinions, Dee. I rather enjoy discussions with you. It is a good opportunity to learn.

Oh, and to set it all straight, no one "LIKES" war or violence... no one.

RADAR

People never have liked anti-war people. I guess the majority of the world would rather make war than peace.

!protest!protest!protest!protest MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR!!!... !protest!protest!protest!protest

I am not sure if I saw this on the History Channel or I just wanted to use those smilies!!!... :D

Here's the exhaustive list of countries that have never been involved in either an internal or external war...

1. Greenland

That's about it. Learned that from the History Channel.

Here's the exhaustive list of countries that have never been involved in either an internal or external war...

1. Greenland

That's about it. Learned that from the History Channel.

You might need to remove that one from the list, too.

In WWII Greenland was an outpost with radar bases, ship relief stations and emergency landing strips for AC. Not exactly a war zone, but not exactly neutral either.

RADAR

You might need to remove that one from the list, too.

In WWII Greenland was an outpost with radar bases, ship relief stations and emergency landing strips for AC. Not exactly a war zone, but not exactly neutral either.

Well, there you go then. I guess that brings the list down to exactly zero.

:) in my native tonque we have say like this (hope my translation will work)

As history is teaching us; history never taught us anything

:) in my native tonque we have say like this (hope my translation will work)

As history is teaching us; history never taught us anything

Yurek,

If I understand your translation properly, that quote almost sounds like: "We cannot see the forest because of the trees" or that while we are making the mistake, we don't realize that others made the same before us - and our case is somehow unique.

Did I catch it right?

RADAR

I have read that every national border in the world was set by war. Not good, just realistic.

Now let me ask a rhetorical question: "Who wants to avoid war more: The military man who will actually go and fight it, or the peace loving civilian who is cozy at home each night, protesting war?"

I have learned that people around the world are NOT the same. We do NOT think alike, nor do we share the same values. How many Americans are amenable to becoming suicide bombers? How many people in power in various countries of the world do NOT want peace, but rather want to experience conquest, taking over other countries and ruling them? And not just in Africa, either. And how many people believe God has told them to take other people's lands (& lives)?

I very much enjoy programs on WW I & WW II. Fine if some don't. But there's no call to denigrate the preferences of others. Just because you feel superior does not mean you are superior.

Last edited:
That is very cold. Sounds about like Minot, N.D. I was never so glad to get away from that place and the blizzards they have. I would be in front of my TV also where it is warm.

Ok. No more personal opinions from me.

Maybe I just live in the wrong country. Maybe I should move to a country were people aren't all gung-ho to make war on everyone and every thing.

Any future postings I will make here will be strictly limited to satellite stuff.

Dee_Ann,

Your personal opinion and your voice is always important in this world. You cannot give that up simply because others have a different view or opinion or argue more vocally about it. You need to be strong and hold onto your convictions regarding how you feel.

You may not agree with my viewpoints and ideals and I may not agree with yours, but you have to hold your own ground no matter who disagrees with you or who you disagree with. That is the way of democracy and the best way to make society work.

I disagree often with my own sister and my own brothers, even my parents, but that does not mean that they or I ever give up. We still share Christmas together regardless, and then we debate the same things over again later with more ammunition.

Debating any subject does not mean that anyone involved is incorrect, it means that everyone involved has a passion for their own ideals and a different side of the coin to present. Neither party can be totally right or totally wrong on all issues. You simply have to be tough and strong. If you are right, your'e right, if you are wrong your're wrong. But, have a conviction and hold onto it all the way, otherwise you have nothing to hold onto but someone else's notion!

I thought that you may have felt put out, judging from your last post and I don't think you need to feel that way.

It may seem funny to you, but this site (SatelliteGuys) is a family to me and I do care about everyone here, including you. And your opinions matter, whether I or anyone else agrees with you. So, just be yourself and hold strong to your convictions. If you do, you will be well respected for your devotion to your own ideals. If you don't, everyone will just think that you gave up, and we don't want you to give up. We don't want anyone to give up, not on anything.

RADAR

I like History, History International and Military Channel.

My wife likes Lifetime, Oxygen and reality shows. I watch what I want and she watches what she wants.

She never condemns or criticizes what I watch and I don't condemn or criticize what she watches. We respect each others viewing habits.
The remote is there for a reason, to change channels. Don't like what you are watching...change the channel and respect the viewing habits of others. Not everyone is going to agree on everything, that should be expected...and respected.

One thing I believe we can all agree on, is that we need more FTA channels.

One thing I believe we can all agree on, is that we need more FTA channels.

Not necessarily more channels, but better content/variety. The cable/satellite subscription channels here have shown us this. Many channels, but the same shows play on many channels. Maybe not at the same time, but the shows are recycled over various channels.

It takes all kinds of people to make a world. Without differing viewpoints humans would be akin to ants; a hive mind bent on group conformity. As much as we think that everyone should agree with us (and I'm the first to admit that I think everyone should agree with me), we need those different ideas to keep us human.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)