the CW hmmm Manual entry to SSO?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

odinbear

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 27, 2010
central NY
The CW is marked FTA on lyngsat, as is FX on 91 (g17), however on the Openbox/Sathawk a blind scan only produces FX (& everthing else on g17) but NOT TP1 (the CW / WB). I've scoured the forums and see it might have to be entered manually.
what is the PID on the lyngsat chart? I think I know where to enter it in the openbox and several tries have yielded nothing yet (under TRANSPONDERS).
I've tweeked the dish to peak and still nothing (everything else is clear)

the pids for the cw channels are v101/a102, v201/a202, v303/a302. you will need to enter them using the editor software on your pc.

crackt out,.

The CW is marked FTA on lyngsat, as is FX on 91 (g17), however on the Openbox/Sathawk a blind scan only produces FX (& everthing else on g17) but NOT TP1 (the CW / WB). I've scoured the forums and see it might have to be entered manually.
what is the PID on the lyngsat chart? I think I know where to enter it in the openbox and several tries have yielded nothing yet (under TRANSPONDERS).
I've tweeked the dish to peak and still nothing (everything else is clear)

Its my understanding that it can't be done in the Openbox. I 'm stil waiting for mine which is in transit. You will need to do it using the Channel Editor program. I'm also waiting for someone to reply that knows how to work with and were it can be located. Lets wait

Someone had posted an editing program many months ago. I believe someone said it was an Ali Editor? I downloaded it at the time and have it on my computer at home. You back up your receiver using a 4GB or so USB drive. Load it in your computer...edit as needed...then upload back to the Solomend/Sathawk/Openbox. Works like a charm. Someone hopefully will post a link to the editor for those who don't have it....Blind

downloaded Channel Master last week but not sure if this be the tool.. 4GB thumb drive needed?! or to get the external TB size drive?? hmmm ;-)

If all you want to do is backup and edit your channel list, a 1GB thumb drive will work fine. Probably less than that would, but I've NOT tested it. Recording is a different story. You won't get much SD on a 1GB drive and if I remember rightly it will just refuse to try HD.

CHannelmaster wont work with the SSO....there is a specific channel editor for them

Hey Ice
I see too many post open talking about the same thing (Openbox Channels Manual entry). Could be posible to consolidate all of them into one??? By the way I found the Ali Editor in the web. I ran the software and its pretty easy to use. All you need is to get your dump file .abs from you stb with all your channels already scanned, do the edit save it and re-install back to your stb. I have done the excercise in the table but mine Openbox hasnt arrived yet. I have a Rap!dsh4are link where the Ali is located. Let me know how regards

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts