Help! Need Twinhan VP1020a driver!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gdavisloop

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
Hello,
I was trying to install an old Twinhan VP1020a card in a new computer, but when I tried to go to their website to download a driver, www.twinhan.com, it doesn't seem to be there!
Maybe this is a temporary problem but if anyone could help with a driver I'd appreciate it.
I checked some of those "free driver" sites but they have weird strings attached ;-(
thanks!
g@hoxnet.com
--Gary

I have quite a few Twinhan driver files but unfortunately don't know what one you need, I used to use a 102g which is similar and my buddy has a 1020 somewhere amongst the collection the should be a driver that will work.

On some sites they say the BDA drivers V1.2.3.8_WHQL should work, I have that and more, let me know what you want to try and I'll get them to you.

Most of these drivers were for XP I'm not sure what issues you will run into with newer operating systems.

If the OP doesn't find it I have an original disk in my 1020 box, the card is toast but I still have the software, remote and all..:D

Thanks guys, a number of you sent me drivers and I have at least that part working.
Also, MyTheatre v3.?? seems to be recording okay. (Vers 4.? still doesn't seem to recognize the card).
But, I don't have any picture on the screen. I went to the "set audio and video codecs" section and chose a few from Nero at random, but that didn't help. Does anyone have recommendations on these settings? Also, what is a good video codec for MyTheatre to display 4:2:2? That doesn't work even in my primary computer (it displays 4:2:0 but it can only record 4:2:2). And BTW, I'm still talking MPEG2 since I don't have an -S2 card in either computer yet...
thanks again,
Gary

The Twinhan CD comes with the Cyberlink codec which seems to work with MT

This file contains a number of drivers for different cards and the Twinhan DTV program it may contain the codecs I'm not sure.

Twinhan DTV 2.62

It seems the Twinhan site is still down, as these drivers seem to be hard to find at the moment and the files are being downloaded on a daily basis I've put the remainder of what I have up on Boxnet.
These aren't all the files (I'm on dial up) but the ones I think will be useful, if the something your looking for just ask.

Twinhan 2.431 5.9MB
These are from the installation disc supplied with the USB Starbox 7021 and include the Twinhan DTV viewing program,WDM drivers, installation program and help files in English. The viewing program will not display a picture unless you have the Cyberlink codec installed on your system, its commonly installed on many systems if not its available as a free download in places.
Twinhan Starbox 2.431 drivers 38KB
This is the folder named drivers from the above collection and includes drivers for windows XP,2000,ME and 98

Twinhan 2.606 7.1MB
These are from the installation disc that came with my 102g card and in addition to the Twinhan DTV program as above contain WDM drivers for other models according to the set up program these are PCI BT878 series (102g, 1020 etc) Magicbox, starbox, Mantis and Magicbox 2 BDA.
Twinhan 2.606 Drivers 481KB
This is the folder named drivers from the above collection and includes drivers for windows XP,2000,ME and 98

Twinhan 3.4 build 2, 32 and 64bit drivers 14.8MB
This was one of the last collections of drivers I downloaded from the Twinhan website and contains 24 folders for various Twinhan products finding the correct one may take a bit of detective work for instance my 102g requires the 878 driver which refers to the chipset used on the card. Others appear to refer to a model number. It looks like most drivers are BDA, I personally had better luck with the earlier drivers V1.2.3.8_WHQL mentioned in an earlier post

Thanks guys, a number of you sent me drivers and I have at least that part working.
Also, MyTheatre v3.?? seems to be recording okay. (Vers 4.? still doesn't seem to recognize the card).
But, I don't have any picture on the screen. I went to the "set audio and video codecs" section and chose a few from Nero at random, but that didn't help. Does anyone have recommendations on these settings?

Working drivers and other important details on using Twinhan VP1020a can be found in Twinhan 1020a TSReader Lite thread. Pay attention to OS version, RAM restrictions for certain drivers, and signal type.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)