The deal with two Hopper 3's

Kizzer do you have the name of your installer and telephone # ? It should be on the paperwork they left you at the install. Then we can contact the installer to get the details on your install.

Kizzer do you have the name of your installer and telephone # ? It should be on the paperwork they left you at the install. Then we can contact the installer to get the details on your install.
Yeah, That I would not do.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

What about a DPP44 switch instead of a second dish? Then two "Hubs" after the DPP44? Isn't that what the switch does?

I do have a spare dish from a few years ago that was for my remote office about 200 feet from the house. But I want to be able to access all of the recordings on a H3 and HWS from eachother, so hopefully they get that switch released soon. currently we have a HWS and a regular hopper. we want 2 dvr's in case one goes on the fritz then we'd still have tv.

Reactions: charlesrshell
The planned switch for providing multiple H3's using ONE reflector looking at 4 sats is the DPH42 and was on display funtioning at--CEDIA, was it? A photo was published. At this time the target for release is for January, but we all know Dish. I am waiting on this switch along with others. The DPH42 will make it economical for Dish to install more than one H3 per account.

This DPH42 is desinged to work with the hybrid LNBF's and none of the existing Dish switches can function with the hybrid LNBF's. This is why no other switch but the fortcoming DPH42 will work with H3's. DPH stands for "Dish Pro Hybrid"

I expect Dish may announce this or have it on disply at CES in January. I went ahead and uploaded a pic of the new switch in use.
DPH42 (new switch to provide multiple Hopper 3's).png

Reactions: charlesrshell
This DPH42 is desinged to work with the hybrid LNBF's and none of the existing Dish switches can function with the hybrid LNBF's.

I'm wondering where you got that piece if information because I haven't heard that not have I ever seen any LNB's that get 118 that are Hybrid.

I heard that the DPH42 will use DPP LNB's and output DPH to 2 H3's. And that's why it's called DPH.

I guess we'll see when it comes out.

The planned switch for providing multiple H3's using ONE reflector looking at 4 sats is the DPH42 and was on display funtioning at--CEDIA, was it? A photo was published. At this time the target for release is for January, but we all know Dish. I am waiting on this switch along with others. The DPH42 will make it economical for Dish to install more than one H3 per account.

This DPH42 is desinged to work with the hybrid LNBF's and none of the existing Dish switches can function with the hybrid LNBF's. This is why no other switch but the fortcoming DPH42 will work with H3's. DPH stands for "Dish Pro Hybrid"

I expect Dish may announce this or have it on disply at CES in January. I went ahead and uploaded a pic of the new switch in use.
View attachment 122153
I hope DISH too has the DPH42 switch on display with wiring diagrams at CES in January. Maybe DISH might even announce a newer version Hopper 3! Hopper 1 came out in 2012 and Hopper 2 (HWS) came out a year later in 2013. Would be nice if DISH announces a Hopper 3 with built in dual OTA tuners. :shh

I'm wondering where you got that piece if information because I haven't heard that not have I ever seen any LNB's that get 118 that are Hybrid.

I heard that the DPH42 will use DPP LNB's and output DPH to 2 H3's. And that's why it's called DPH.

I really believe he makes up most of what he posts as never is any proof offered

I really believe he makes up most of what he posts as never is any proof offered

I don't read most of his posts because they're usually so long and convoluted. I see now they're also usually filled with conjecture. :)

It does use both types of LNBs.
You need that Amp though.

Screenshot_20160920-091923.png

I had read that in an article I can't recall. Perhaps it will work with DPP LNBF's. The press has gotten wrong before or I remember it incorrectly. What you're suggesting makes sense.

Edit: Also just saw the post stating it will work with DPP LNBF's. Thanks for the correction. I prefer accurate info to my inaccurate info. :).

So, in may case of 1000.2 Plus using "New Style" DPP500+ LNBF and a Single LNBF (for 129), Dish should be able to use the existing LNBF's with the fortcoming DPH42? Considering that Dish had to come out months ago to replace the "New Style" DPP500+ LNBF becaue the all "eyes" CRACKED only after 2+ years, it sure would save Dish some money. The Single LNBF was fine, as exptected, but I was SHOCKED to see all the "eyes" cracked on the then spanking new gen DPP500+, but I suppose that is why it didn't last, because it was brand spanking new gen NEW. :). FWIW, Dish contacted me that something was up shortly after I saw they were cracked. I really like that they have set up the software to take a pro-active approach to possible problems because this leads to customer satisfaction and subs not suffering without service. Keep that good work up, Dish?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)