The deal with two Hopper 3's

How are yours connected?

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

We used my old cable TV pre-existing wiring. On the main floor and upstairs in the bedrooms, DVR 1 connects to all the Joey's on those levels. In the basement man cave, DVR number 2 connects to two additional joey's in my downstairs office and in the home theater. Also, there is an additional television in the garage that attaches to the man cave DVR. Just a regular Moca, as far as I know.

Reactions: charlesrshell
We used my old cable TV pre-existing wiring. On the main floor and upstairs in the bedrooms, DVR 1 connects to all the Joey's on those levels. In the basement man cave, DVR number 2 connects to two additional joey's in my downstairs office and in the home theater. Also, there is an additional television in the garage that attaches to the man cave DVR. Just a regular Moca, as far as I know.

How are your Hubs connected?

Reactions: Troch77
How are your Hubs connected?
I want a wiring diagram .
From Dish to Hub, From Hub to Hoppers.
Joeys don't matter to me.
Obviously the Joeys would go to any available Client port or Tap.

Since you can have a Duo Hub and two Hopper 1 or 2s can be connected, I see no reason why you couldn't have two H3s to a Duo Hub?

Why does this require a seperate Dish?

If you have 2 Dishes, and 2 Duo hubs, How can you Connect 2 Hopper3s and Joeys if you have to connect both Client ports together?
Taps on the Host sides?

How about 2 Solo Hubs with Taps?
Connecting the Client ports together on the Solo hubs?

But also wouldn't the 2 Dishes screw with they system having the same 61.5 and 72.5 twice?

Lots of questions.

Is it becuase only 1 port is active on the Hybrid LNB in DPH mode?
Is the Hopper 3 not compatible with a Duo Hub?

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I want a wiring diagram .
From Dish to Hub, From Hub to Hoppers.
Joeys don't matter to me.
Obviously the Joeys would go to any available Client port or Tap.

Since you can have a Duo Hub and two Hopper 1 or 2s can be connected, I see no reason why you couldn't have two H3s to a Duo Hub?

Why does this require a seperate Dish?

If you have 2 Dishes, and 2 Duo hubs, How can you Connect 2 Hopper3s and Joeys if you have to connect both Client ports together?
Taps on the Host sides?

How about 2 Solo Hubs with Taps?
Connecting the Client ports together on the Solo hubs?

But also wouldn't the 2 Dishes screw with they system having the same 61.5 and 72.5 twice?

Lots of questions.

Is it becuase only 1 port is active on the Hybrid LNB in DPH mode?
Is the Hopper 3 not compatible with a Duo Hub?

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
kizzer's installer must of done something for both Hopper 3s to be able to see each other and play the recordings with no issues. JSheridan has his Hubs connected by a coax jumper from Client port to Client port. He can see both Hopper 3s but has issues when he plays the recordings. I am hoping Kizzer can check his Hubs and see how they are connected too.

Sorry, guys. I have no information for you about how these are setup. My techs did all the work. I just know that it is working well.
Can you locate your Hubs and see how they connected together? Don't mean to bug you about this but this is very exciting your Hopper 3s are a true home system and good info for us. Thanks if you can.

Reactions: Troch77
So they are allowing two accounts to get two Hopper 3's but only charging for one account?
I think he is getting charged for 2 accounts, But that doesnt matter as far as how the connections are made if they are still fully interactive.

I wouldnt subscribe to 2 accounts for this, But if in fact works on the same system, Then activation on the account would be the only issue.
An external switch wouldn't be needed unless you are trying to incorporate DPP hoppers.

Now he says it works Flawless? Now I wonder if the DPH is even capable of using 32 tuners from a Single dish? My guess no.
Im wondering if thats the reason 2 Hopper3s wont work with a Duo node.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

From my understanding you can get two Hopper 3s with two accounts and being charged for two accounts.
I guess I'm still not getting it. He said he isn't being charged double for the base account that sounds like they are giving him two separate accounts charging for one. Am I misreading that maybe?

I guess I'm still not getting it. He said he isn't being charged double for the base account that sounds like they are giving him two separate accounts charging for one. Am I misreading that maybe?

I 'heard' that it's possible to get two H3's on the same account with the proper escalation.

I 'heard' that it's possible to get two H3's on the same account with the proper escalation.
Well, this is good news. Wonder if there is any additional hardware involved to make this happen! I thought there was technical issues two Hopper 3s on one account was not possible. Maybe it was software and DISH has got it all worked out now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)