The Dish Alternative thread "NOT FOR SATISFIED SUBS"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DefDude

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2005
N.W. Florida
This thread should be about how to either reduce your DISH BILL or find other options that will save you money and or get you a better deal from a different provider. Those of you who know that we are getting an unfair price increase really don't need or want to hear from those of you that are satisfied with your price increase or price reduction.We know that 15% to 30%+ increase is not fair and that a $5 credit for 6 months is not enough of a incentive to not look into other options. Again this is not for those of you that find it necessary to post your personal opinion as to why we shouldn't complain or seek other ways to save money. This is about alternative receiver combo's or deals from other service providers. I'll start it off by saying my local cable co. "COX" is running a great promo for new customers 50% for 12 months "no contract" off a bundled package. I already have them for phone and internet so I don't qualify today, but this is very good deal for some. I'm sure there will be other deals from other providers as they will want to capitalize on dish's new fee's , and this will be the post to make others aware. Also if you can get a better deal from dish let others know about it and that way we can call and try to get it for it ourselves. This thread should not be about whining and complaining about the new fees, "there are and will be plenty of others" this should be about saving money.

You can easily save money by switching to another provider......but those intro offers expire and you're back to paying full price (or close to it).

Do your homework; make an apples to apples comparison of what you are getting for the money (esp. when the new customer offers expire) including programming, equipment and service; and then tell us how much you are really saving past the 1st year. THAT's where the true answer lies. ;)

You can easily save money by switching to another provider......but those intro offers expire and you're back to paying full price (or close to it).

Do your homework; make an apples to apples comparison of what you are getting for the money (esp. when the new customer offers expire) including programming, equipment and service; and then tell us how much you are really saving past the 1st year. THAT's where the true answer lies. ;)

Just make sure you play hardball with both the new and old provider.

TWC made me an offer I couldn't refuse last Aug.

Basically, getting the same as America's 250 with HD, plus my Roadrunner, with a HD-DVR and another HD Receiver for $85 a month, price guaranteed for one year.

Same programing and internet guaranteed for $95 a month for year two.

Plus they game me $50 off to remove my Dish off the roof.

Oh, and the commitment is on TWC's part and not mine. I am free to switch at anytime.

Plus I picked up MSG-HD (Buffalo Sabres Games), YES-HD (Yankees Games) and MLB-HD. Only thing really lacking is NFL Network and the 722 DVR, but was worth the tradeoff considering the pricing; IMHO.

I still think when all the promos are over Dish is the overall best option unless you want more than 4 TVs all hooked up separate.

I still think when all the promos are over Dish is the overall best option unless you want more than 4 TVs all hooked up separate.

Of course you do. You sell Dish. DirecTV is $15 more for 3 extra dual tuner HDPVRs. Dish Network is at least $30 more for 612s or $51 more for 622s.

It all depends on the situation each customer has. I do favor Dish but in some cases I will agree that another provider can be a better suggestion.

Now that I agree with but have any noticed that Dish has made it so that in most cases two Solos is the same $ as one Duo?

All hooked up separate is preferred I think and IMHO the TV2 output on my 622 is crap! It's the swap and PIP features that I love on my DuoDVR but Dish has made it kinda costly to consider having a 2nd DuoDVR used in single mode.

I hope they have lots of 612s and 512s in stock, lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)