The Dish HDTV Giveaway

SatinKzo

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 22, 2004
Louisiana
Anyone else log in to their account today and read the ways to gain additional entries to the contest? There are a whole bunch of options to add entries. But, according to the rules you are only allowed 401 total from any combination of methods

MAXIMUM ENTRIES ALLOWED: The maximum number of total entries allowed each entrant from any single or combination of methods is 401.

So, I logged into the account, got a pop up telling me I already have 301 entries, yet there are 200 possible entries left for me to qualify for.... get 510 (oh yeah, the DVR option only applies to the 510 from how I read it) and sign up for email updates.

I guess I just find this kinda deceiving as they offer more points than they allow.

I also noticed that the 510 upgrade offer is extended, but it is extended different lengths depending on what link you click.

Edit:

I have found 4 different expiration dates on the 510 offer now.

Yeah, it really means they're collecting dust in their warehouse and it's a great promotion for those interested who doesn't want to wait for one of 1000.

But.. celebrate away.

Not taking into account that some subs may have more entries than others based on their "tier" and other factors, the basic odds of winning would be 13,333:1, based upon 10M subs divided by 750 prizes. That's not too bad for such a decent prize.

Of course, more accurate odds would be derived from the total number of contest entries divided by the number of entries one has in one's account.

I already have two HDTV's and would just sell anythig I won, except the 811 (I need another to hook up to the other tv). I just find their accounting strange on the points, in addition to no survey they talk about and 4 different expiration dates on the dvr promo. I emailed the customer service to see what the real date is and to alert them to the different dates on the site.

blakejames3000 said:
so when do they start choosing winners and how and when are they notified?

Charlie said notification would be by telephone and certified mail. You have to respond within two weeks accepting the offer. :confused:

Hey!
I signed up for e-mail updates today and it still says I have only one entry. Hope I don't get spammed for nothing.

my popup still says I have 301 entries and I have done nothing to my programming or ordered anything (except my 721 for $249) recently. I have AEP, Locals, HD Pack. What packages do you guys have that you are only getting 1 entry?

Our current sub is in my wife's name, and only 5 months old. That probably explains the single entry. But, we did do a 510 upgrade a few months ago, and just recently ordered a 721. Also, I signed us up for Dish spam, but don't seem to have gained any additional entries.

SatinKzo
You must be a High Value customer. Here is an exerpt from the rules:

All active DISH Network subscribers as of June 11, 2004 ("entrants") are automatically entered with one (1) entry each; all active High Value customers as of June 11, 2004 are automatically entered with 301 entries each. As used herein, the term "High Value" customers shall mean: Tier 3 customers, Tier 2 customers, ClubDISH members, and Founders.

maximum said:
SatinKzo

All active DISH Network subscribers as of June 11, 2004 ("entrants") are automatically entered with one (1) entry each; all active High Value customers as of June 11, 2004 are automatically entered with 301 entries each. As used herein, the term "High Value" customers shall mean: Tier 3 customers, Tier 2 customers, ClubDISH members, and Founders.

Well, isnt that nice
All I have are locals and WPIX and I got 301....I guess that club dish does have some advantages :)

maximum said:
SatinKzo

Ya know, I read that and must of read it wrong. It's still a funky way to assign points. You would think there would be different points for each tier. Oh well. I am sure I have some nice notes on my account about all my bitching to them on the poor customer service. Luckily I am finally getting my 721 today (it's out for delivery today). Only took the CSR's 4 days to get me a tracking number. It was ordered on the 3rd of June.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts