The Dish HDTV Giveaway

I bet there's a two week lag in notifying winners. All winners may not be announced until after the promotion. Yes, I said promotion, not contest on purpose.

That said, I hope to win in this promotion! ;)

I'd be happier, if I was allowed to swap a 921 for the HDTV pack..... I wonder how much luck I'd have on that?

Hmmm.... Shipping/handling would be much cheaper for them with the 921 :D

Cheers,

John Kotches said:
I'd be happier, if I was allowed to swap a 921 for the HDTV pack..... I wonder how much luck I'd have on that?

Hmmm.... Shipping/handling would be much cheaper for them with the 921 :D

Cheers,

DISH seems to be stuck with the combo units they are giving away 750 to consumers and another 200 to dealers. The 921 is still in short supply, how much luck do you think you will have?

You have to send them a SASE for a list of the winners. The rules list how to get the winner's list.

Something smells rotten on this little promotion. I have a feeling that the number of entries is solely based on customer tier, and NO additional entries are ever added.

I've completed the survey, and added an email subscription. As such, I should have 501 entries. (Or, whatever the max is, if 501 surpasses that.) Yet, I still show only 1 entry when logging on.

I believe others have mentioned similar experiences. Has anyone actually shown a new entry total after doing any of the Dish-recommended items?

Yeah, send a SASE to find out a list of the winners AFTER the contest is over with. That is not right, there should be a list of winners on channel 101 or something so that we know who has won.

I emailed Dish Network and they tell me I have 401 entries even it if does not show that (it only shows 1 entry for me) if I filled out their customer satisfaction survey. I have AEP and more and it still only shows me as 1 entry. Perhaps we should contact the people responsible for doing the contest to see what information they have.

GaryPen said:
Something smells rotten on this little promotion. I have a feeling that the number of entries is solely based on customer tier, and NO additional entries are ever added.

I've completed the survey, and added an email subscription. As such, I should have 501 entries. (Or, whatever the max is, if 501 surpasses that.) Yet, I still show only 1 entry when logging on.

I believe others have mentioned similar experiences. Has anyone actually shown a new entry total after doing any of the Dish-recommended items?

In the terms, you are limited to 401 entires total, but I am stuck at 301 and should have 401.

It is deceiving that they offer more possible points than they allow.

When I called Dish Network to ask them a question I asked about the 510 and 811 upgrade promotions I was qualifed for and they said I was not qualified for the 510 promotion because there was none (and also mentioned I already got a DVR upgrade promo a while back). I was told a week or two ago that I would qualify for the 510 upgrade promotion but the CSR said that there are no DVR promotion now.

The CSR did say I could get the 811 for $199 but also happened to mention that I had 401 entries for one with their contest without me asking about it so I must have the 401 entries, their website must not give people the correct information.

SatinKzo said:
It is deceiving that they offer more possible points than they allow.

Would you all expect anything less from Dish? This whole promo is a bunch of hooey. The points are supposed to cumulate.. but they don't. Something "is wrong with the system" which is Dish Network status quo.

The whole company is very shady. You know this.. yet you're all surprised the major giveaway is rigged?? The whole thing is to get people to sign up for CCAP (which they get a kickback from), add'l programming (more $$), and to get people excited about an HDTV package which has limited content and limited potential for improvement in the short (read: 1 year) term. Not to mention a survey that had to be Google searched to find.

My big question is... why does everyone fall for it?

None of us will ever know if all the prizes were given out or how many times we were entered. The only thing we know is that there will be an x number of the 10 million customers that will not have their fair chances of getting the prizes but we will not know how many.

By the way, Dish told me I was still uneligible for the 510 promotion, only one per year or something is what they told me.

I don't know if anyone has said this (i did not look) but I believe Dish will only give this away to the currently non hd subscriber. I think the way they are looking at this is that they can have 700 new people paying an extra 10 bucks a month. 700 times 10 equels 7000 a month, 84000 a year, 420000 for five years.

I would like to know if anyone who already has a 6000, 811, or 921 wins this.

Stargazer said:
The only thing we know is that there will be an x number of the 10 million customers that will not have their fair chances of getting the prizes but we will not know how many.

What do you mean? I don't quite follow what you are getting at. How are some not having a fair chance? If you are a customer you are entered. If you meet certain criteria, your chances are better than those who don't. Those with a lesser chance are still entered.

Well there is bound to be a chance that some will not get all of their entries into the contest, especially seeing that they cannot post things right on their website on the amount of entries that you have.

Yeah, if you are a customer you are entered, I did not question that, it is the number of entries that I question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts