The Dish HDTV Giveaway

This whole "promotion" is messed up. :no

According to the "rules" I should have the maxxed out number of "points". :D

I'm AEP with CC autopay, I'm registered for online account access, they have my email address for "specials" and I'm still hunting for the non-existent "survey" :confused:

Still shows 301 points though! :eek:

MESSAGE FOR DISH!

"If you're going to run a promotion... ensure you comply with your own rules" :mad:

There, I said it..

(still hopeful I'm a winner though!) :p

When I checked my account on the Dish website, it said that I had 301 entries. I clicked on the link that said I could get 100 more entries if I signed up to let Dish send me email. Afterward, I still only had 301 entries.

Has anyone gotten the 100 bonus entries to register?

I'm already signed up for Auto Pay but didn't get credit for it. Maybe I should stop auto pay and then re-register for it again

It looks like 301 points is the most anyone can get. Here is a list of my services and equipment. Not much left but to invite Charlie for a BBQ and a card game.

America's Everything Pack
HD Package
Locals
CC Auto Pay
Email Notifications

How does one determine their total entries to date?

I keep loging in an seeing only 1 entry. Despite the fact that I have email updates, credit card autopay, etc.

Still haven't found the survey either.

The number of entries stuff reminds me of the Drew Carey Show "Who's Line is is Anway?" Where he gives "points" which mean absolutely nothing...

Reedl

reedl said:
The number of entries stuff reminds me of the Drew Carey Show "Who's Line is is Anway?" Where he gives "points" which mean absolutely nothing...

Reedl

Or, possibly like "Last Comic Standing" where judges and audience's selections mean nothing, and the producers just pick whom they want to win.

maximum said:
Hey!
I signed up for e-mail updates today and it still says I have only one entry. Hope I don't get spammed for nothing.

I also signed up for e-mail updates today and it still says that I only have one entry as well. They need to address this because it is unfair to those that have signed up for updates. Does anybody know if they have received tehir correct entries for signing up for more packages or upgrading to DVR? It only says that I have one entry yet I have AEP plus other channels.

I bet those that already have AEP and Credit Card Autopay and a DVR or two do not get the extra entries, only those that sign up for those channels/deals that do not already have it.

I have not changed my programming since Feb. I have AEP, HD, Locals and have 301 entries. I have always done Autopay and I signed up for email alerts. Still at 301.

Sounds like I need to send an email to Dish Network over this.

The odds of someone winning is 1 in 10,000 but if you have 301 or 401 entries your odds are about 1 in 250 to 1 in 300 (odds are less than that considering there are many others with multiple entries as well) so one might as well say 1 in 10,000 or less.

Update: I just did the survey and it says that it has added 400 entries. It asks for an account number then you choose between four answers for each question that they have. It STILL says I have only 1 entry and the drawings already started on June 14th. It also says in the disclosures: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Giveaway at any time and substitute another in its place.

What is the CEO's email address and some others I can send some emails off to? Seems to be a problem with many people.

took the survey, said that I "now have 400 additional entries", but I still have 301 when I signed back in.

Now when I click on the HD Giveaway link on the Dish Network website it says the following:

Error 404--Not Found
From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1:
10.4.5 404 Not Found
The server has not found anything matching the Request-URI. No indication is given of whether the condition is temporary or permanent.

If the server does not wish to make this information available to the client, the status code 403 (Forbidden) can be used instead. The 410 (Gone) status code SHOULD be used if the server knows, through some internally configurable mechanism, that an old resource is permanently unavailable and has no forwarding address.

Well, this doesn't surprise me, but I called the CSR number today to ask about the points/entries for the giveaway and the rep I got was like "What Contest? We have a HD in a box for $999, but we are not giving them away, can I order you the HD in a box deal?" I told her about the website messages and the Charlie chat. "Sorry sir, but I know nothing about us giving away HDTV's"

SatinKzo said:
the rep I got was like "What Contest? We have a HD in a box for $999, but we are not giving them away, "Sorry sir, but I know nothing about us giving away HDTV's"

I've never seen anything that is so funny, yet so sad at the same time. It really hits the nail on the head of what is wrong with Dish. They have no cohesive strategy, no unified viision, no communication.

It's the same reason they have the different GUI's and varying feature sets on the different receivers. Why do some have "Hide Locked" and others do not? Dish Home? PVR menu options? Jeez. Even DirecTV with all thos different brand receivers, have more unity from model to model within each generation.

SatinKzo said:
Well, this doesn't surprise me, but I called the CSR number today to ask about the points/entries for the giveaway and the rep I got was like "What Contest? We have a HD in a box for $999, but we are not giving them away, can I order you the HD in a box deal?" I told her about the website messages and the Charlie chat. "Sorry sir, but I know nothing about us giving away HDTV's"

they must not have gotten that memo yet, I here the postal service in india is terrible :)

The person emailed me back from Dish telling me that I do have 401 entries even if it says I have 1, and I sent an email back asking why it would say I only have 1 entry yet it would say that otherse have 401, that if it was a problem with their system then it would do the same to everyone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts