The Dish HDTV Giveaway

It seems the all that have checked directly with E* about their entries are getting a different number than what is given via the web site pop-up. I'm sure the database the CSRs are using is the contest database. There is a disconnect with the web site's report.

I just may send an envelope to get the winners list. It's only 74 cents.

From the business rules:

WINNERS' LIST: For the names of winners, available after August 15, 2004, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope, by September 15, 2005, to: The Great HDTV Giveaway Winners List, P.O. Box 8131, Grand Rapids, MN 55745-8131 or go to www.dishnetwork.com.

By that time anybody wanting to find out if they won if they didnt know if they got notified or not would already be ineligible.

Below shows July 13 as the last day that drawings will be done:

RANDOM DRAWINGS: Twenty-Five (25) Grand Prize winners will be selected daily for four (4) weeks, in a series of twenty-eight (28) random drawings from among all eligible entries received. Daily drawings will be conducted for the first twenty-seven (27) non-holiday weekdays (Monday - Friday) during the Promotion Period on or about 3:00 P.M. on the second non-holiday weekday occurring thereafter. Entries received on a holiday or non-weekday will be included with entries received on the first weekday thereafter occurring. The final drawing will occur on or about July 13, 2004 and will award the balance of Prizes. Drawings will be administered by Arrowhead Promotions & Fulfillment Company, an independent sweepstakes fulfillment company whose decisions regarding all matters pertaining to the operation of the random drawings shall be final.

Now according to this you have only 14 days to redeem your prize:

GENERAL RULES: All Prizes will be awarded and winners notified by mail. Winners will be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (where legal) within fourteen (14) days of notification attempt or the Prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected by random drawing. Winner must have a DISH Network account in good standing in accordance with the terms described in their Residential Customer Agreement in order to receive the Prize. Prizes are not transferable. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize/offer of equal or greater value.

gpflepsen said:
It seems the all that have checked directly with E* about their entries are getting a different number than what is given via the web site pop-up. I'm sure the database the CSRs are using is the contest database. There is a disconnect with the web site's report.

I just may send an envelope to get the winners list. It's only 74 cents.

It might be fun to randomly check on the names to see if:
a. The person actually exists.
b. If they really won.

Has anyone asked for "proof" that they are now at the 401 entries level?

I'm just worried that after all of the steps taken, I'm still only going to have one entry and have lost out on 400 other odd increasing opportunities.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)