The dreaded 82%

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jbarr

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2013
Anderson, SC
Another poster here commented about his Hopper installation experiences, and it involved his box hanging at 82% during the software download.

When I had my Hopper installed, it repeatedly hung up at 82% during the software download, and it took several attempts with a second box and a replaced dish and LNB before it completed to 100%.

Tuesday, my in-laws were scheduled to have two Hoppers installed, and the installers had to postpone the installation to today because they didn't have equipment. (Bad boxes, likely?)

The installers came today, and my in-laws just called and said that both boxes hung at 82% after repeated attempts, and by 7:00 PM, the installer said that he had to wait until Friday to get new boxes to attempt another install. At one point, the installer came back from his truck with new cabling and ran new cables, but I don't think he did anything with the dish or LNB.

So here are my questions:

1. What's up with the 82%?

2. A replacement dish and LNB resolved my 82% issue. Is this something that maybe should become standard operating procedure?

3. Should my in-laws get push for any compensation (like a free premiums for a while, or whatever) since it will have taken at least 3 days to completed the install?

4. Is this something I should contact DIRT about?

Thanks!

-Jim

P.S. Our current Hopper+Sling+Joey setup works very well!

I contacted a DIRT member, and she provided some excellent help with this issue. Hopefully, another attempt at an install today will be successful. I'll post a followup when I get any details.

Im an installation manager, and we've had a few lately doing this. In fact, one tech yesterday spent five hours on an install due to two different HWS's getting stuck at 82%. I have a guy from dish researching the receiver for me right now. Jbarr, what did DIRT tell you? I'd love to have a definite answer for the technicians when they call me with this issue. Ive heard a few guys just not messing with it and waiting it out. The tech yesterday, i had him bypass the node using a barrel and letting the hopper download that way, than after the download finished, he reconnected the node, reran check switch, and it seemed to go ok after that.

Im an installation manager, and we've had a few lately doing this. In fact, one tech yesterday spent five hours on an install due to two different HWS's getting stuck at 82%. I have a guy from dish researching the receiver for me right now. Jbarr, what did DIRT tell you? I'd love to have a definite answer for the technicians when they call me with this issue. Ive heard a few guys just not messing with it and waiting it out. The tech yesterday, i had him bypass the node using a barrel and letting the hopper download that way, than after the download finished, he reconnected the node, reran check switch, and it seemed to go ok after that.
Here is DIRT's response:
"Thank you for your PM!! I have heard other reports of the 82% issue, but am not sure exactly what is causing it. I will forward your feedback of what worked for you, so that we can look into making that the process for the issue until it is resolved. I have also notated the account with your resolution to the issue for the tech as well as forwarded this on, so that we can get this taken care of quickly for them!"

I'd still like to know what orbitals were installed when this happened.

When we download on the bench if the HWS is hooked up to a DPP44 with 110/119/72/61.5 it goes to 82% then freezes. If it's hooked up to a 1000.4 with 61.5/72/77 it works like a charm.

When we download on the bench if the HWS is hooked up to a DPP44 with 110/119/72/61.5 it goes to 82% then freezes. If it's hooked up to a 1000.4 with 61.5/72/77 it works like a charm.

If 119 & 61.5 are both hooked up during the download it will hang because they cause conflicts.

We're told to unhook the wing dish until the download is done then run a check switch after to work around it.

If 119 & 61.5 are both hooked up during the download it will hang because they cause conflicts.

We're told to unhook the wing dish until the download is done then run a check switch after to work around it.

That makes total sense.

Ditto on wing dishes. That was on the dish install portal several months ago. Disconnect wing, download, connect wing, run new check switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)