The EI Free Preview and QAM

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dmendenjr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
The keystone state
FYI:
Doing a weekly "add digital check" on our comcast cable (you never know when something new might show up); I found the extra innings slates on the subchannels of channel 118. I checked back last night and sure enough the free preview is being transmitted in the clear. I don't know if this is true on all of comcast systems or not, but at least hear on the E-town/Columbia PA system that is the case; and they way they have been trying to regionalize the program offerings, I am willing to bet it is more than just my comcast system...

FWIW, I also see a bunch of MLB EI barker channels on clear QAM. (Just bought a new TV that receives analog, 8VSB ATSC, and QAM.)

But I have yet to find any of those channels actually running a game. YMMV.

Might vary by system. They seem to slack on our system. There are two channel I get through QAM, that you can't subscribe to via our comcast. WHYY-HD and TCM, neither are supposed to be provided in our system; but both are out there in the clear.

When I checked, it was around 9pm EDT on friday night and I would say about 4-6 of the 13 subchannels (normally with barker slates) had out of market game coverage, about 2-3 of em were a "can't decode" and the rest were the daily schedule barkers. None were HD. I'll check again tonight and report back (or edit this post)

That sounds just like my experience. I've seen several actually showing out of market games, several on the barker slate, and a few that say "Digital Signal Level Too Low."

We're supposed to have more Clear QAM here soon. Comcast says around the end of the month they will move C-SPAN2 from clear analog to Clear QAM, and also the Music Choice package will move to Clear QAM.

lets see: 11pm EDT
118.1 Signal can't be decoded
118.2 slate
118.3 Signal can't be decoded
118.4 slate
118.5 slate
118.6 LA Dodgers v Col (FDN Rocky Mtn) SD
118.7 Cleveland v LA Angels (FSN West) SD
118.8 Boston v Seattle (FSN Northwest) SD
118.9 Signal can't be decoded
118.10 Chicago Cubs v Arizona (FDN Arizona) SD
118.11 slate
118.12 slate
118.13 Cleveland c LA Angels (FSN West) SD
118.14 Signal Can't be decoded

The only ones missing per the slate are Washington v San Fran and Boston v Seattle HD

For what it's worth (think there is only one more night of the preview)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)