The end is near......FCC approves TP transfer to Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
With the way SkyAngel has been treating its customers I think they deserve to lose their transponders.

Usually its immediate, however I am sure SkyAngel has an agreement with Dish to continue on for awhile as they work out the bugs of their IPTV system. :)

If you print out the docs from the fcc link above the radio station authorization give sky angel 60 days ("within 60 days") from date of letter, 9/27/07 to transfer

What a nice holiday gift from skyangel! I wonder if they plan on telling us now? I would think they would to try and get people to switch to IPTV. Timing is bad, right before the holidays..........

There could be a contractual relationship with Dish (say a month to month lease arrangement) to allow the transition to happen when Sky Angel gets its ducks in a row with the IPTV, could run side by side for quite a while.
Bob

I emailed dish and got a response that ignores the fact that sky angel will cease broadcasting. Really didn't answer my questions at all..........

Thank you for your e-mail. DISH Network has always strived to provide family oriented programming. DISH Network does provide transponder space for Sky Angel, which is comprised of 32 or more television and radio channels of Christian ministry, children's, educational and family programming. For more information about this service please use the following link (Sky Angel: Christian Family-Friendly Television (TV) and Radio). By subscribing to any of our main programming packages we offer religious programming such as EWTN, TBN and Angel One. DISH Network does not have plans to reduce the religious programming we currently offer. We are committed to providing a compelling lineup for our viewers. Please stay tuned to Charlie Chat, press releases or logon to our website for future programming announcements.

Your business is greatly appreciated and we thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have any further questions or concerns regarding this matter, please contact our 24-hour customer service center at 1-800-333-3474 to receive an immediate response or reply to this email

Sincerely,

Ola S.

DISH Network eCare

that is a typical responce from Dish

plus probably nobody knows there except for a few people. Heck most people dont know when a new channel is added much less a totally separate company.

hi everyone

i just called skyangel, the person said that the sattelite service would be extended for a while to give customers time to get iptv.

They didnt know know if discounts would be available for lifetime subscribers.

Does anyone know?

And I imagine many people will not be able to get the IPTV service since a lot if not most of their customers probably live out in the country where there is no high speed internet available. They would have the cost of the internet access in addition to the SkyAngel service.

I would say go right to the top (VP of skyangel) and request more info:
Nancy.Christopher@SkyAngel.com

We need facts, in writing, not rumors and small news articles in the naples paper. It doesn't matter what customer service TELLS us, we need it in print. Sky angel has proven less that trustworthy already in my opinion.

My past emails with her stated that Lifetime subs ended with DBS. Realistically if skyangel does not make some sort of offer to lifetime members I can't see lifetimeres continuing with IPTV. As has already been pointed out, IPTV isn't even an option for many due to the lack of high speed internet and/or cost of high speed.

I watched today's "Inside Sky Angel" because I thought that they may have some information on IPTV now that the FCC has approved the licence transfers. Not a word was said about it but there were several ads to subscribe to the satellite service during the program.

I called Sky Angel, too. The CSR really had no idea about timing. In fact, she was very surprised when I told her the FCC had approved the license transfer, wanted to know where to find that info.

I'd say the powers-that-be are not arming SA CSRs with the info they should have to answer subscriber questions. I'm assuming it may come as a surprise when they pull the plug on the satellite service, so I'm prepared for that.

The telemarketer that called me "demanding" to know why I "had not purchased the service since they sent me the promotional DVD" was very surprised that they were going off the air. It sounds like it might be a mass layoff in the works without warning the employees.... Then, she called me an unCHRISTlike name when I told her I had purchased and installed a Glorystar unit!

sky angel customer service reps out of business?

According to that neulion video THEY will be handling customer service. so what happens to sky angels customer service , are they hanging them out to dry with the lifetimers? if they are all going to lose their jobs then its no wonder they seem to be in the dark..............

you know when i first signed up with dish they had no X rated channels and Dtv had many. this was one of my first reasons for going with them. that and the fact i could watch sky angel and became a lifetime subscriber. Just makes me mad that sky angel is going under. i enjoy the programming from TVu, KTv and radiou.

Going under?

IS sky angel "going under"? Honestly, probably yes in the not so distant future.

Yes some techies will jump on the IPTV bandwagon but I think many more will jump ship. Some already have.

However they are MARKETING this change to IPTV as a wonderful improvement. the technology may be wonderful BUT this change is not 'wonderful" or in the best interest for most of the sky angel subs, especially not lifetime members. At best monthly subscribers have to buy new equipment and have the cost of service raise aprox $10 a month. sky angel went from $9.99 to $11.99 and quickly jumped to $14.99. Yet another $10 would be a bit much for some. Then there is the added expense of high speed internet IF it is available. Lifetime members would go from having no monthly bill to possibly $25. Included among the lifetime members are those who are elderly, on a fixed income, shut ins, and/or disabled. Even some churches!For many that is why they paid for a lifetime membership.

Sky Angel is showing a callous disregard for "the least of these". Can't get high speed, don't have internet, just can't afford the new cost then it is going to be "bye, thanks for the business, sorry you can't join us on our wonderful new venture!" without even a backward glance :(

Is sky angel a ministry or a business bent on making a profit at all costs? I guess time will tell as their actions will speak volumes.

Dish Network is going to see a negative effect on their customer base because of this. Not many customers to loose sleep over, but customers who would have gone to Directv years ago but keep Dish because of skyangel!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)