The end of Directv

I think you guys that are tying yourselves to the Sunday Ticket are going to be sorely disappointed when the agreement runs out and the NFL launches it's own streaming service, team by team.
Why would they be disappointed ?
IF that would happen, they'd be able to save money on thier Sunday Ticket, maybe ...
Then again, all those other people you mentioned that might be able to get the ST, may find out that you DON'T save any money as those companies already see what customers are willing to pay to D*, so they may come out and still charge $300+ for the ST (thier versions)

As for the NFL selling it by the team .... thats an interesting idea, depending on how much they as per team.

If they ask $100 or more for the TEAM version (which I think they would) I doubt i'd go that route, I suppose $100 would be tops for me, I might consider it (but only if I could get it anywhere I want, so its not limited to 1 location, none of the streaming services are tied to one location.).

I would probably have to see what the Full package price is, you got to consider watching 1 game one that Sunday vs ALL of them.

I think you guys that are tying yourselves to the Sunday Ticket are going to be sorely disappointed when the agreement runs out and the NFL launches it's own streaming service, team by team.

The agreement doesn't end until after the 2022 season, so even someone who signed up for a two year term this December wouldn't have reason to regret it if they consider NFLST a must have.

Reactions: Jimbo
i called them today for a service call. and the first thing the rep did was shove ATT tv down my throat!!! i lied to him and told him i had data caps with my ISP. but then i was like if they wanted to pay for the overages :rolleyes . well that stopped that sale right there:D. and if there thinking that some people will be able to stream on 25 MBPS there crazy. there are some of us that have multible devices in our homes and require atleast a 500 MBPS conn o_O
Is ATT all streaming" I thought it was cable because they had a dvr

Is ATT all streaming" I thought it was cable because they had a dvr
Att has Multiple options ...
They still have thier "Cable type" Uverse TV but are not selling it any longer (last I heard) but it is still being supported.
They have Directv ... Satellite service
They have Many but dwindling Streaming services ... I think they are pairing them down now to maybe 2 or possibly 3 in the long run.

Can't wait to see how many people who cancel their 3rd party internet service for whatever reason (going cell internet only, etc) and then their AT&T TV goes out and they call ATT complaining about it not working...

So stupid to sell a service that requires another company's service to work...

My grandma keeps getting ads for AT&T TV and her local cable co is SuddenLink and her plan has a data cap and her local copper is Frontier (very slow DSL) and there is no fiber.

That brings up another issue. Customer's complaining to their 3rd party internet provider about data overages caused by their AT&T TV...

If I ran a ISP with a data cap, I'd seriously consider blocking AT&T TV by default and require a signed agreement explaining overages it can cause before unblocking it.

Reactions: WI Dark
Can't wait to see how many people who cancel their 3rd party internet service for whatever reason (going cell internet only, etc) and then their AT&T TV goes out and they call ATT complaining about it not working...
That was my first thought when I heard AT&T is pushing this vs DBS. They've spent decades with a closed eco system to make support supposedly easier/cheaper and now throw the entire internet in the signal path and all the issues that could come with that.

BTW. I did not update my DirecTV Satellite account address when I moved to a AT&T Fiber area and did a self install. My HR24's are connected to the AT&T Fiber internet and my internet has a 1TB/mo data cap.

I can't tell for sure but I think my HR24 streaming is using up part of my datacap when the right thing to do would be to zerorate it.

BTW. I did not update my DirecTV Satellite account address when I moved to a AT&T Fiber area and did a self install. My HR24's are connected to the AT&T Fiber internet and my internet has a 1TB/mo data cap.

I can't tell for sure but I think my HR24 streaming is using up part of my datacap when the right thing to do would be to zerorate it.
Is ATT charging data on D* service, seeing they are the same company ?
I thought all D* streaming with att service was not going against your data ... that could have changed though.

Your HR24 shouldn't be using data without you telling it to stream something ?
You can always turn off data access to the HR24 to check if you want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)