The end of Live Tiles? Windows Phone 9 claimed to come with new, Android-inspired interface in 2014

Murtazin couldn't have picked a worse time to announce this. If enough pick up on this information, it could really put a damper on both Windows-based phone and Surface sales just in time for the holidays.

I say this given Microsoft's record of not effectively bringing fundamental software updates to the legacy mobile hardware; something that iOS has done remarkably well given its closed ecosystem.

Well, isn't that special ?
IF and only IF any of this rumor comes true, it better run smooth as butter on low end phone hardware.
I question Microsoft ability to manage that. :)

IF and only IF any of this rumor comes true, it better run smooth as butter on low end phone hardware.
I question Microsoft ability to manage that. :)

I really dont. The current version is honestly as smooth if not smoother on lower spec hardware than any android phone ive used (even my note 3), and as well as on par with any iphone ive used (havent had the 5s, but everything up to that).

Unless they bloat it up, I dont see that being an issue.

I still have only seen less then a handful of Windows Phones out in the wild.

I was at the Microsoft booth at the mall the other day looking at the new Kinect Sports they were playing and one of the guys working the booth had a Windows Phone, and in his other back pocket an iPhone. He kept taking the iPhone out and texting someone. Shows how much they like the product when people working for them use the competitions product at their own store.

I question Microsoft ability to manage that. :)[/QUOTE

Why do you think it will run on old hardware?

Show me a Windows phone with the same processing power as the iPhone 5 or the Samsung Note 3 or Galaxy 4 or NVidia Tegra 4.

Anything else is old hardware.

Umm...Lumia 1520. Snapdragon 800. 1080p screen. 2 gigs of ram.

I get it. You don't like wp8, but sometimes in rebuttal you let your bias shine through with no regard to actual facts.

And iPhone 5? Did you leave off a letter for your comparison?
Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Shows how much they like the product when people working for them use the competitions product at their own store.
Where I work, you could be "set free" for using your personal phone while working. That's just part of the magic of wireless phones that I'll probably never get my head around.

Then again, sometimes it seems the only way to get ahold of smokers since they have to find places to hide from the weather...