The equivalent - Dish to Direct

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Anthony2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 8, 2004
Assuming Dish doesn’t pick up SportsNet New York and Direct TV does, I would most likely make my jump. I currently have one DVR 522 that allows me to view television independently on two TVs. I subscribe to the Everything Pack w/locals with warranty and DVR lease fee ($99.98). If I came over to DTV, what equipment would I need to receive equivalent service and what would be my monthly cost. Thanks in advance.

Anthony2 said:
Assuming Dish doesn’t pick up SportsNet New York and Direct TV does, I would most likely make my jump. I currently have one DVR 522 that allows me to view television independently on two TVs. I subscribe to the Everything Pack w/locals with warranty and DVR lease fee ($99.98). If I came over to DTV, what equipment would I need to receive equivalent service and what would be my monthly cost. Thanks in advance.

It is hard to say exactly, but I would call D* and tell them you are a E* customer and want to switch and see what they offer you. You should be able to get the SD-DVR for free after rebate and they should give you a second receiver for free. The Everything package goes for about $99.00 a month but they will sometimes offer specials for so many months. Best thing to do is call them.

Absolutely no current D* hardware feeds two TVs.

(There was a "multi room receiver" in the past, and the future should have "DirecTV PRO" and possibly the "Home Media Center" but both are vaporware.)

You'll need separate receivers.

Hogarth said:
Absolutely no current D* hardware feeds two TVs.
You'll need separate receivers.

Separate receivers is better than the coaxial cable feed that E* uses in their 2 TV receivers. Some people I know have the E* 2 TV receivers and the picture on the second one is not as good as the first one. If you are not concerned with PQ, 2 is better than 1.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts