The Event

What happened to the guys girlfriend on the cruise ship and how does this coincide with the same guy on the plane with the gun?

I'm with most of you, one more try then......

What happened to the guys girlfriend on the cruise ship and how does this coincide with the same guy on the plane with the gun?

I'm with most of you, one more try then......

And with the jumping back and forth in time sequences, at some point it looked like 2 separate stories not clearly intertwined

The people that shot and killed the air plane pilot's wife and stole his little girl , are the ones that kidnapped Jason Ritter's girl friend /the pilot's older daughter. They took her and the little girl to force the man to pilot and crash the plane into the president's retreat to kill him ,or they will kill the pilot's daughters. Now how Jason Ritter ended up on the plane was to stop his girl friend's father /pilot from crashing the plane. How he knew this was going to happen has yet to be shown,leading to next week's episode. It is all connected ,but you have to let the story be told to figure it all out. I think the people being held by the government/CIA are either aliens or time travelers with future knowledge and an agenda to change things.

It sounds like I had a similar experience with a lot of you :) Watched the first half, wasn't too into it and rough to follow, then we actually stopped it in the middle (my wife had given up.) We also thought some of the acting was pretty awful, which was one of the reasons my wife gave up on it.

I decided to give it a second chance, fired it up and watched the second half and got better. Did feel a bit like LOST (probably because of the plane, the tropical setting and the time flashes). Will probably give it a couple episodes to see how it goes.

-Mike

I´m definetely intrigued and I even watched yesterday night again, some clues given make me think those prisoners have been detained for a long time (several presidents terms) I think they do not age or not the same as common humans.
The event is something that Sophia knows about and if communicated to the people they could prepare for it. Sophia says "We´ve been ready for a long time" and the plane disappearing due to some unknown intervention (which I´d say it´s some alien technology).
The president was going to make an announcement to the whole world.

I´ll stick to my theory that those prisoners are aliens, they have been in captivity for decades, even the government officials who know about them are doubtful that whatever they´re claiming is the truth, and the "Event" has to be some alien invasion, or a mega cosmic catastrophe that will affect the planet.

Well...I finally watched the rest of the show last night. Thank-you everyone for the summary of "Events" (no pun intended) because it was late and I was a bit confused. Offhand, my assessement is "Meh"...I'll stick with the show a couple more weeks and see it grabs my attention. Right now I can take it or leave it. It's certainly not "24' and I don't feel like wasting time on this show if it is going to get yanked like "FlashForward". Fortunately, the ratings were OK and the show is on NBC so I doubt this show is going away.

I enjoyed it. But wonder if they will be able to keep it going. My girlfriend and I also thought it seemed a bit like FlashForward (which we liked) so I worry that it will be too "out there" to gain a large network tv audience and it will get yanked.

I enjoyed it. But wonder if they will be able to keep it going. My girlfriend and I also thought it seemed a bit like FlashForward (which we liked) so I worry that it will be too "out there" to gain a large network tv audience and it will get yanked.
Yep, and that's when FlashForward (and Jericho to a certain extent) focused on "building relationships" which, IMO, was a big mistake. Nobody wants to tune-in to a Mystery/Suspense/Thriller/Drama/Sci-fi only to have it turn into a Soap Opera. This isn't Days of our Lives.

Nobody wants to tune-in to a Mystery/Suspense/Thriller/Drama/Sci-fi only to have it turn into a Soap Opera. This isn't Days of our Lives.

I totally agree.
Apparently some secrets will be revealed in tonight´s episode, we´ll see, I wonder what that character Sophia meant with "We´ve been ready for a long time"

I´m definetely intrigued and I even watched yesterday night again, some clues given make me think those prisoners have been detained for a long time (several presidents terms) I think they do not age or not the same as common humans.
The event is something that Sophia knows about and if communicated to the people they could prepare for it. Sophia says "We´ve been ready for a long time" and the plane disappearing due to some unknown intervention (which I´d say it´s some alien technology).
The president was going to make an announcement to the whole world.

I´ll stick to my theory that those prisoners are aliens, they have been in captivity for decades, even the government officials who know about them are doubtful that whatever they´re claiming is the truth, and the "Event" has to be some alien invasion, or a mega cosmic catastrophe that will affect the planet.

Well tonight I learned that my theory about those guys being aliens and not aging like humans was true.
Apparently and maybe unfortunately for me, this show has already become somewhat predictable, now I wonder if they can keep it intriguing and if so.... for how long ?

OK, I watched last night's show...it has an interesting story...I want to like it...but there's just something (besides the cheesy special-effect that don't affect a really good show) about this show that doesn't grab my attention. I don't quite know what it is...but I'm willing to give it one more week. Otherwise, I'll be following Scott and deleting the timer.

Regardless, the show still managed to pull-in 10M viewers last night. A hit show by NBC standards these days.

It was ok, and worth another week, but I agree with a lot of the criticisms here; its a quasi LOST/Flash Forward-like wannabe. But its cast is nowhere near as compelling as it purports to be. Its not terrible, its just not clear to me whether it is something I am willing to invest 23 hours in this year.

It was ok, and worth another week, but I agree with a lot of the criticisms here; its a quasi LOST/Flash Forward-like wannabe. But its cast is nowhere near as compelling as it purports to be. Its not terrible, its just not clear to me whether it is something I am willing to invest 23 hours in this year.
Bingo! It's like a cheap imitation of 2 or 3 shows morphed together. The one aspect (besides special effects) that gives it a "cheap" feeling is the not-so-stellar acting. The reason I haven't dumped it completely is because it could be a pretty good show...if only they had a better cast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)