The Event

I thought last night's episode was decent. A bit far fetched of course but you have to expect that from this type of show. I'm keeping the timer for at least another week.

I´m still watching as I like sci-fi and weird stuff, but I don´t like the fact that some things are not making sense.
In the first episode Sophia was eager to announce something to the world along with the President. ("We´ve been ready for a long time") and then in the next episode she doesn´t want to talk to the President ????? :confused: I don´t think it makes sense.

Also clues have been given to imply those guys are aliens, I think it wouldn´t make sense to say later on that they´re time travelers. (Time travel in an "aircraift" as sci-fi buff I don´t buy that.

Last episode showed those guys crashing in Alaska, OK, but they were already wearing the proper outfits for the weather there, How come ?

OK, a lot of "things" aren't making sense and I am starting to dislike the feel and pace of this show. I love Fringe and I thought this show may be my replacement for FlashForward...sadly, I like many of the new CBS shows and I don't have another 4-6 weeks to decide if I can possibly like this one.

I may drop-in over the holidays to watch an episode or two.

i deleted this show after the second episode. as soon as they started with that darn timeline, i pressed delete. too dang confusing for me.

I didn't mind the jumping around as much. Been reading a lot of mystery thriller novels lately that make use of telling the story out of order, usually from two or three character's perspective. So, this wasn't as jarring. Would be easier to just tell the story in linear fashion, however.

I do suspect I'll lose interest in it as the season progresses. I think it will become another Planet of the Apes story.

I think if anyone missed the shows to date, better catch up by watching the shows online before jumping in the middle of the story. Would really be difficult to follow jumping in the middle now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts