The Expanse...Amazon Prime

I tried to watch some of the first season a year or so ago. I could not get into it. But I started watching season 4 yesterday and watched 3 episodes in a row. I don't know everything that is going on, but enough to keep watching it. It was a good break to get away from all of the Christmas movies my wife has been watching. She was playing cards with some friends. The ease of watching directly from the Hopper 3 was great.

My CC is working fine with it.

I finished up Season 4 and I was glad to see that Amazon did a great job with saving this series after SyFy dropped it. Probably the best thing that could have happened to "The Expanse", IMHO. Didn't they say when this first came out that it was "Game of Thrones", but in space?

I finished up Season 4 and I was glad to see that Amazon did a great job with saving this series after SyFy dropped it. Probably the best thing that could have happened to "The Expanse", IMHO. Didn't they say when this first came out that it was "Game of Thrones", but in space?
YEP!

I have only watched Season 4. Would it make any sense to watch seasons 1, 2 and 3?

It honestly doesn't make sense to only watch season 4. lol You absolutely have to watch seasons 1-3 to learn about the origins and power of the protomolecule, the gates, the various political factions, and how the Roci crew came together. All that will become even more important in season 5 (based on the main storyline of book 5, Nemesis Games, which will be off the hook). Even though the first three seasons originally aired on Syfy, they were made by the same studio, with the same showrunners, and writers. It's amazing what they were able to create with a smaller budget than what they probably had to work with from Amazon.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Decided to rewatch season 2 before watching season 3. The picture and sound from Amazon seem better then I remember from Syfy. Awesome adaptation from the books so far. Now I’m ready for season 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It honestly doesn't make sense to only watch season 4. lol You absolutely have to watch seasons 1-3 to learn about the origins and power of the protomolecule, the gates, the various political factions, and how the Roci crew came together. All that will become even more important in season 5 (based on the main storyline of book 5, Nemesis Games, which will be off the hook). Even though the first three seasons originally aired on Syfy, they were made by the same studio, with the same showrunners, and writers. It's amazing what they were able to create with a smaller budget than what they probably had to work with from Amazon.
Yes I had to start over because I had forgotten what someof the plots were about from SYFY. Just about to finish up season 4 tonight since nothing on TV.

Damn that was awesome. Unfortunately another year for season 5.
Well, at least it will be one year as opposed to nearly two for Stranger Things. Yes, the show was a great fit for Amazon, and visa versa.

I decided to binge Seasons 1 through 3 and I'm glad I did. One advantage to being on Amazon is no censoring of the dialog. Much of the show's humor was lost when SyFy cut the audio during Avasarala's come-backs.

I think the seasons on Amazon have been more or less following the books. Book 9 is supposed to be then end. Wonder if Amazon will actually do 9 seasons?
They are doing at least two more.

We'll at least get the first two "trilogies" of the books. Books 1-3 and 4-6 cover distinct story arcs while also forming part of the bigger picture story arcs.

The bigger mystery is what will happen to the actor Cas Anver (Alex) who's been accused of sexually assaulting multiple women, including one he knew was under 18 at the time, a couple years before the Expanse started filming. The studio is currently conducting an independent investigation.

Well, if they closely follow the books, there’s a bit of time that passes between “Nemesis Games” and “Babylon’s Ashes”. They could replace Cas and explain away any difference in appearance as “Alex didn’t age very well”.

Story seems to be following my memory of the books.

With the authors heavily involved with the TV show production, there was never any doubt they would continue to follow the main story lines of the books, while mixing in subplots from the novellas, changing/combining certain characters/events, and adding stuff for Avasarala and Drummer to do during times the books mainly focused on the Roci crew.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts