The Expanse...Amazon Prime

As they mixed Books 4 and 5 for last season, I wonder if they’ll stick to wrapping up Book 5 or mix 5 & 6?

I’m looking forward to watching this season.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
The trailer seemed to indicate the asteroid attack would happen at the end of the season. I don’t recall which book that was in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A season trailer isn't going to show what happens at the end of a season for a show like this. It's going to set up the main story lines. There were also scenes in the trailer of the apparent aftermath. We're at the start of book 5 content, though the previous season anticipated some of what's in book 5, primarily to give non-Roci crew screen time in season 4.

Reactions: Foxbat
It looks like they won’t incorporate any of the “Laconia Returns” (Books 7 & 8) into the show, which makes those possible for a later follow-up series after the last book comes out. With it taking place 20-30 years after the first 6 books, recasting the Rosi’s crew solves the problem with Cas Anvar not playing Alex Kamal, even though his misconduct removes him from playing Alex in Season 6.

But it’s hardly the first actor substitution “The Expanse” has made (Avasalara’s husband, Anjun, is played by a different actor from Season 1 to 4) but this will be a big change.

Just weeks away…

The James S.A. Corey Twitter account is finally responding to fans about the cancellation. It had nothing to do with the time jump after book 6 or Cas Anvar situation. And they are being cagey about whether the series will deal with any events after book 6. My guess is, with the announcement that season 6 will be the last happening just yesterday, they are still trying to figure out how to wrap it up. I would think we will get some sort of quicky resolution around the big mystery of what happened to the protomolecule creators.

• Angry
It’s the day, but all I see is the Episode 0 Season 5 trailer. I though maybe Amazon was waiting until 8:00pm Eastern time, but it’s after that now and nada.

edit: Silly me, Season 5 Release Date is December 16, 2020. I was all set for the 14th…

Last edited:
  • Haha
It’s the day, but all I see is the Episode 0 Season 5 trailer. I though maybe Amazon was waiting until 8:00pm Eastern time, but it’s after that now and nada.

edit: Silly me, Season 5 Release Date is December 16, 2020. I was all set for the 14th…
I'll have to wait at least 10 weeks to see it because I like to binge watch my shows.

The first three episodes are available to watch, so you only have another 7 weeks Howard Simmons.
I saw that last night when I went to watch a movie. I thought they said they were going to go an episode a week at a time. That's fine with me. Like I said spoilers really don't bother me because I usually forget what people say on here after a week or so. :)

Reactions: Foxbat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts