The Expanse...Amazon Prime

I know I said I wasn’t going to comment about Season 5, but I figure I can mention the following without spoiling the story arcs for everyone.

Like any program in the last 5 years, “The Expanse” has a post-episode discussion Podcast. I decided to try watching the post-show for Episodes 502 and 503. I’m glad I watched the one for 502 because in the episode, I saw this shot which starts off over the flooded lowlands of future Baltimore (no budget for sea walls, I figure) and tracks over the skyline, zooming into a Baltimore suburb, then dropping to street level to pick up our person of interest. I just figured it was the result of CGI and good post-processing, but the post-show said it was one practical shot with a single camera, no cut!

The director had this idea on how best to introduce this city as a character into “The Expanse” and figured out how to mount the camera to a helicopter which flies into the city, handing off the camera to a jib crane which then lowers the camera to a waiting camera operator at street level, who takes the camera and starts walking along the street with our subject of interest.

If they can keep up this level of quality, this will be the best season of “The Expanse” to date.

I think the seasons on Amazon have been more or less following the books. Book 9 is supposed to be then end. Wonder if Amazon will actually do 9 seasons?
Oh I'm pretty sure they will. I read an article that Bezos is the real reason Amazon bought the franchise, He's an Expanse nut!

After the initial three episodes, one dropped this week, and that should be the pattern for the rest of this season. This seems to be how Amazon likes to roll out their series.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Prime, Starz, and Showtime are three services I know of that post new weekly episodes as early as 9pm PT the day before they officially drop. HBO was never been so kind and I'm not sure about Hulu.

Reactions: Foxbat
The after-show podcast on YouTube for The Expanse features Wes Chatham & Ty Franck hosting directors and actors reviewing the Season 5 episodes. After watching Season 5 on Amazon Prime Video, be sure to check them out.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
I finally have time to watch this and pay attention to whats going on ... once again, it took about 4-5 episodes to really get, who was who and where was where ... but it is a really good show ... i'm into Season 2 now, about 4 episodes in and going well.

Theres 4 Seasons or 5 so far ?

I'll get caught up in a week or so.

I finally have time to watch this and pay attention to whats going on ... once again, it took about 4-5 episodes to really get, who was who and where was where ... but it is a really good show ... i'm into Season 2 now, about 4 episodes in and going well.

Theres 4 Seasons or 5 so far ?

I'll get caught up in a week or so.
See we told you so.
happy told you so GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Jimbo and Foxbat
I found this 5th season requires re-watching each episode as the producers are packing a lot into each one. Or, I just like the show… ;)