The Expanse...Amazon Prime

I prefer 10 or more, so they can tell the rest of the story .... instead of skipping large portions.
We were never going to get the full story of books 7–9 in a single season regardless. It's pretty telling that they need to include content from Strange Dogs (which teases the storyline of last three books) just to get 6 episodes worth of story, as the resolution of the Marcos/Free Navy conflict shouldn't take long and I'm glad they aren't trying to stretch it out. It's worth remembering that much of the time in previous seasons was spent laying the groundwork for storylines of future books and giving everyone in the cast something to do (even when they weren't part of the book that season is focused on). In other words, a lot of the groundwork for book 6 was previously established, so less time is needed in season 6 for it.

We were never going to get the full story of books 7–9 in a single season regardless. It's pretty telling that they need to include content from Strange Dogs (which teases the storyline of last three books) just to get 6 episodes worth of story, as the resolution of the Marcos/Free Navy conflict shouldn't take long and I'm glad they aren't trying to stretch it out. It's worth remembering that much of the time in previous seasons was spent laying the groundwork for storylines of future books and giving everyone in the cast something to do (even when they weren't part of the book that season is focused on). In other words, a lot of the groundwork for book 6 was previously established, so less time is needed in season 6 for it.
I would be happy if they resolve the Marcos situation quickly, I've had enough of him.

• Wow
Reactions: Howard Simmons
You don't say, kind of why I said "the quasi-spirit of". Beginning of Season 5 they shifted plot on the proto-molecule, but at the end of Season Five, showing an indication they realize there is more stuff to button up... ie the whole renegade Mars portion of the plot.
I'm all caught up on the books.

So beginning of Season Five (Holden's vision) actually had roots in Book Eight. Based on how much time they have, Season Six may be Book 6 with parts of 8 (mainly the first half) and yet to be released 9 (resolution plan) massaged together. I can see the Inaros and Duarte plots occurring parallel. I don't see how Book 7 has a chance unless the episodes are really long, as it has no resolutionary impact to the story, which is why Book 9 I think has some play primarily based on how Book Eight ends and how Season Five hints at the goal of Season Six's end.

I don't expect season 6 to do more than tease the main story elements of the final three books. The authors, who are intimately involved in production, have stated season 6 will complete the book 6 story arc and that it's possible to continue the story (books 7-9) at another time. The Expanse isn’t ‘canceled’ after season 6, say the authors

We also know season 6 will include material from the novella Strange Dogs, which only gives a peek at the early days of Laconia before the events of books 7-9.

I also doubt they would spoil Leviathan Falls (released Nov. 30) before a lot of people have a chance to read it by concluding the bigger picture story arc involving what destroyed the protomolecule builders.

I re-read Book 6 of “The Expanse” in preparation for the return of the series on PrimeTV. Now, I need to re-watch season 5 to be fully prepared.

My preorder of book 9 downloaded to my Nook app last night. (I use my credit card rewards points to buy discounted B&N gift cards). Then this morning I got the notice from my library that I snagged the audiobook version too. My library system bought (licensed) 15 copies of the audiobook, and I was #12 on the list. Woo hoo!

Reactions: Foxbat and Yespage
Q. Will they be releasing the whole 6th season or making you go week by week like some do ?
I heard weekly, but there are only 6 episodes…I can wait.

I finished up rewatching Season 5 and then moved to watch “Strange Dogs”, the first episode of Season 6. Maybe it’s because Season 5 was so good, but I wasn’t feeling this episode. Please don’t be a GoT Final Season!

I finished up rewatching Season 5 and then moved to watch “Strange Dogs”, the first episode of Season 6. Maybe it’s because Season 5 was so good, but I wasn’t feeling this episode. Please don’t be a GoT Final Season!
I does feel rather "empty" without Alex, and that's not easy to overcome.

Reactions: Foxbat
Finished the final book. Time for Season Six now.

I think the show can survive with Alex more than the books could. Alex's part of the crew seems more complete in the novels.

Reactions: Foxbat and Zookster

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)