The Future of SatelliteGuys Announced Tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? Not the same as the old arcade scores, no?

Scott mentioned likes were an add on to vbulletin and not something that could be transferred. The popularity program starts all over... Like the posts all you want now, because they are only good for a few more days!

I don't even know how many likes I have,they are irrelevant to me.Just hope the new board is easy to learn and works as smoothly as this one has over the years.

Scott mentioned likes were an add on to vbulletin and not something that could be transferred. The popularity program starts all over... Like the posts all you want now, because they are only good for a few more days!

Oh well, thanks for the response. Cry me a river.

So under the new system, still LIKES but no DISLIKES?

I gather we will later learn of new features.

Oh well, thanks for the response. Cry me a river.

So under the new system, still LIKES but no DISLIKES?

I gather we will later learn of new features.

My .02.If your going to have likes,you should have dislikes.

Sorry for the issues at the start of the show. Blog Talk Radio changed something and Dave was not aware of it as he was not listening to the feed he was getting from them. I noticed it when I checked my return feed.

Yup the big announcement from us was SatelliteGuys will be CLOSING on Monday morning, and will return later in the day under new software.

This was not a move I am making lightly infact I was so worried about it that it affected by health and sleep. I know you guys hate change, but its a move we need to make. Our software is 4 years old and is not being upgraded, the new vBulletin software that they sort of support well... I wouldn't wish that software on my worst enemy.

The new software is amazing and I customized it a lot to look like the SatelliteGuys you know and love. Some things will be different, and after you use it you will get used to it quick. Our Pub members have been playing with the software and they really seem to like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, brain burp - how do I find my LIKES count? I know I used to know........ :rolleyes:

Do we keep our friends list? I'm wondering what I need to collect before the switch over.

This was not a move I am making lightly infact I was so worried about it that it affected by health and sleep. I know you guys hate change...

Not me. I eat it up. ;)

Anyhow, sorry for your lost sleep. If it's any help, I believe you are doing the right thing.

But for the life of me, I don't know why anybody thinks it will be faster, based on an extremely limited load (one or two at a time?), and pictures that are right there on your server. Let's wait until it's under the crush of all the new traffic we hope to get from Google, and the extra latency from the cloud servers added on, before we start crowing about how fast it is. That MHO.

This was not a move I am making lightly infact I was so worried about it that it affected by health and sleep. I know you guys hate change, but its a move we need to make. Our software is 4 years old and is not being upgraded, the new vBulletin software that they sort of support well... I wouldn't wish that software on my worst enemy.

The new software is amazing and I customized it a lot to look like the SatelliteGuys you know and love. Some things will be different, and after you use it you will get use to it qucik. Our Pub members have been playing with the software and they really seem to like it.

It will be 100x better in the future. Even if it is a rocky transition (hopefully smooth as butter), it will be far better in the long run to be on supported software rather than a dead end.

You got a lot of likes...

One thing... I THINK that with the new software, if your using our app, tapatalk or Forum Runner that you can use the like feature in those apps.

Other then likes everything of yours will carryover as you have seen on the test server. :)

Scott;
When is the big news about the site going to be posted on the site, for those of us that missed the show or couldn't listen to it at work?, like me.

Without having to read 10 pages of threads.

Up above, in the 2nd-level navigation bar, click "Community", then "Thanks/Likes Statistics" or go straight to it with this link.

As everybody can now easily see, I am lavish with my praise, exceeded only by madmadworld and whitewolf. But unfortunately, I'm not so wildly popular myself; I'm #25. :(

As everybody can now easily see, I am lavish with my praise, exceeded only by madmadworld and whitewolf. But unfortunately, I'm not so wildly popular myself; I'm #25. :(

Well now you get to start anew and can go for the most liked trophy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts