The Glitter Look.

slater

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 15, 2004
On some of the channels I get on Voom they have the glitter/sparkel look. This is on the CNN and Headline News channel. What causes it?

It's commonly called 'pixelization' - caused either by marginal signal strength, or a software bug in your receiver. If you are a recent sub, the latter may be the problem until your receiver catches up with all the updates. I've had Voom for six days now, and I'm just now seeing the pixelization clearing up on my receiver.

Or it could be the 'sparklies' (blips or streaks of white) that show up on some channels.

SD only?

If you just notice it on SD channels it sounds like you're describing the dreaded sparklies. It seems to be chroma noise and only affects certain channels. There has been a debate as to what is causing it and we've been told they're working on fixing it.

The Rickster

VOOM has glitter/sparkel look on the CNN and CNN Headline News

I also have the glitter/sparkel look on the CNN and CNN Headline News channel.
It shows up around text over lays and banners.

The glitter is very bad when the CNN person has a RED colored shirt or dress.
It does seem to be a chroma over load issue causing Noise.

It has to be with VOOM because I do not see glitter on my Cable box when viewing CNN or my TV tuner when viewing CNN.

Adam

slater said:
On some of the channels I get on Voom they have the glitter/sparkel look. This is on the CNN and Headline News channel. What causes it?
;) It's spillover from UltraHD. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)