The Grand Tour

osu1991

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Former Top Gear UK hosts, Clarkson, Hammond and May return to screens November 18th with their new Amazon series

http://variety.com/2016/digital/global/amazon-launch-date-jeremy-clarkson-the-grand-tour-1201862601/

Amazon has revealed the launch date of its keenly anticipated auto series “The Grand Tour,” hosted by former “Top Gear” trio Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May. New episodes will be released weekly, every Friday, from Nov. 18 on its streaming platform Amazon Prime Video.

The first episode will feature a giant traveling tent that acts as the show’s studio throughout the series, which will be located for that episode in California. The studio sequence is being filmed in front of a live audience later this month. In the first episode, Clarkson, Hammond and May will compare three of the latest hybrid hypercars: the Ferrari LaFerrari, McLaren P1 and Porsche 918 Spyder. Matt Damon and Charlize Theron are among the show’s guests in Season 1, according to a report in The Sun newspaper.

Reactions: DWS44
'The Grand Tour' Grand Racing Quiz

James Corden takes 'The Grand Tour' hosts Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May to a test track for a time trial that has a quiz element.

I havent watched yet, but I think they will get back into it. I have been looking forward to those 3 getting back on the air since the BBC mess.

For some reason the 4k UHD version wasn't showing yesterday when I looked an hour or so after launch. I just looked again this afternoon and the 4K version was up, so I watched it again this afternoon. Noticeable difference and it looked really good in 4K HDR.

Well after a slow start with the first two episodes, with ep 2 being really bad in my opinion, episode 3 and 4 have been great more like good Top Gear episodes that everyone was expecting.

Episode 4 ended rather abruptly. With Christmas I haven't checked out Ep. 5 yet. I hope they drop the Celebrity Challenge and the ensuing death. Maybe it's just me, but it seems a little tone-deaf given the way celebrities have been actually dying lately. But otherwise, if you liked "Top Gear" you should enjoy "Grand Tour" just as much, if not more since a lot of the filters are off.

Not real crazy about the overweight American test driver, though. It seems oxymoronic that someone who was qualified to test and evaluate performance automobiles would unbalance the suspension and add extra weight which would negatively impact the results. But I am hardly the one to talk about weight control...

Season 3 Premiere is available now on Prime

#amazonshitcarshow

Screenshot from 2019-01-18 09-49-40.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts