The hassles of being an honest Dish Network retailer....

Comcast has got a deal where they are in all the walmarts.

Also I think comcast is in your neck of the woods
Here in all of our Mesa Walmarts, the DTV and COX fellas show up. When I lived outside of a Cox area, I cannot remember seeing anyone other then DTV, so not sure.

That's the point. These are things that someone who sells DTV all day everyday, and only DTV, should know. Not necessarily the cost of the ST, but does it auto enroll the second season, how long to remove, etc. The YouTube questions are good because even if they know that the YouTube app is no longer supported, most will lie and try to say something along the lines of "it will be fixed in the Genie only with the next software update". I just had a rep tell me that on chat(I was just looking at their website when I got an IM pop up out of nowhere asking if they can help me). As far as 4K, unless changed, it is only available on some Sony TV's and it's only certain OD that is downloaded from a seperate source(I could have that slightly mixed up). Basically what I am looking for when asking the rep about that is whether or not they try to tell me that 4K has full time channels like ESPN and the sorts. I'm ok with them not knowing about the 4K in depth, but blatant lies are what I am looking for. And Claude, I respect that you are willing to talk about second year pricing. You would have my attention, but most these stands outside of Costco and best buy, they won't do it. That's why I look for the hesitation.

Here is something to consider.

These guys that work the Costco and walmarts are usually with the company only several months.

There is nobody in those stores to supervise them and it's not a call center so the call is not recorded. There is usually only 1 rep in each store.

They pay these people minimum wage and or a draw with commissions.

Why should they care? If they tell the truth you may not buy from them and they don't get their commission. By the time the customer gets hit with the increase and complain they won't be working there anyways to deal with it.

As a retailer who has been doing this 15 years, I watch all my employees and make sure they are proper selling our customers. I pay good, most of my employees have been with us for years. They mess up, I pull up the recorded call and they get charged back for the sale. In some cases, I have had to charge back beyond the sales commission just to prove a point.

Reactions: AZ.
That is what you should be doing, and a fantastic way to run your business. However, do you think the reasons you provided that they or their company should get a pass? If somebody can call them out, in front of other customers, it will do one of two things if not both. It will force the agent to be honest or broke. Or it will force the company to take better precautions so other consumers do no get screwed by them. Imagine the change in attitude if the consumers forced these companies to get their act together, since the parent companies(Dish and DTV) won't while they make money. They stop making money due to bad business, then Dish and DTV have no reason to keep them around. If they change their practices and have someone there monitoring and make the employee accountable, then consumers aren't as mad, and the business can thrive again. The power truly is in our hands, and especially those of us here that know better do a disservice every time we just walk past them hearing their lies. Those of us that do that are just as guilty as them. As I stated earlier, there is a huge difference in not knowing your product, and blatantly lying about your product to ensure your sale. I don't get nearly as mad, if mad at all, at someone who just didn't know their product(like the ones that Scott outlined).

They shouldn't get a free pass.

The problem having reps in the costco's and walmarts is grass roots marketing in its finest.

Any other marketing such as Direct mail, Internet, yellow pages, TV or radio directv, dish and any other provider can do themselves and take calls in their call center.

The problem is that the providers want the reps in the stores selling because they can't do it themselves.

But they guys don't really do that much volume. I talk to my comcast rep, and he tells me the guys in Walmart and best buy are a joke when it comes to actual sale numbers. There was one best buy store that had 2 comcast orders for the entire month.

I think at one point the best buy guys where being paid per sale, and not what actually got installed.

Here is something to consider.

These guys that work the Costco and walmarts are usually with the company only several months.

There is nobody in those stores to supervise them and it's not a call center so the call is not recorded. There is usually only 1 rep in each store.

They pay these people minimum wage and or a draw with commissions.

Why should they care? If they tell the truth you may not buy from them and they don't get their commission. By the time the customer gets hit with the increase and complain they won't be working there anyways to deal with it.

As a retailer who has been doing this 15 years, I watch all my employees and make sure they are proper selling our customers. I pay good, most of my employees have been with us for years. They mess up, I pull up the recorded call and they get charged back for the sale. In some cases, I have had to charge back beyond the sales commission just to prove a point.

They will for sure lie just to get a sale. When I told a sales lady in the Sam's that we have Directv already she asked how we liked it? I said it's fine except when my bill skyrockets to 100.00 in a few months. She froze and had a 10 sec pause and then said we'll you can always refer people to save money . I said I know but it's hard finding referrals.

I've only seen them in Sam's club. When my wife and I were in Costco they had Dish Reps there selling Dish.

They will for sure lie just to get a sale. When I told a sales lady in the Sam's that we have Directv already she asked how we liked it? I said it's fine except when my bill skyrockets to 100.00 in a few months. She froze and had a 10 sec pause and then said we'll you can always refer people to save money . I said I know but it's hard finding referrals.

I've only seen them in Sam's club. When my wife and I were in Costco they had Dish Reps there selling Dish.

That line is classic. Everyone uses that line when people complain about their bill going up

The last time I was at Costco, while I was looking at the TVs, the DirecTV sales lady came up to me and asked me if I would like to save money on my TV service, I told her I was happy with my deal with Comcast, she then said to me "You know you don't get the full HD picture with Comcast, you only get 720P, only DirecTV has every channel in 1080P", I then just walked away wondering how many people believed her.
If you want DTV rep to go away, just ask "When are you getting PAC-12". Last one said maybe by football season, right.

Reactions: ChadT41
wallmarts around here have a deal with verizon fios.

i stop when they are busy and tell them of my fios experiences:)

I ask how can you sell something so terrible:)

If you want DTV rep to go away, just ask "When are you getting PAC-12". Last one said maybe by football season, right.

You really want to screw with them? Tell them you have like 8 or 9 televisions with multiple DVR's

They will immediately try to talk you down to 4, or whatever they can give away for free. Stand your ground and watch them scramble and have to make a few phone calls to get you a price.

That's how I used to get the telemarketers to go away. They would just hang up because they didn't know how to quote it.

Reactions: ChadT41
You really want to screw with them? Tell them you have like 8 or 9 televisions with multiple DVR's

They will immediately try to talk you down to 4, or whatever they can give away for free. Stand your ground and watch them scramble and have to make a few phone calls to get you a price.

That's how I used to get the telemarketers to go away. They would just hang up because they didn't know how to quote it.
I will have to try this

wallmarts around here have a deal with verizon fios.

i stop when they are busy and tell them of my fios experiences:)

I ask how can you sell something so terrible:)

Bob,

Seriously, they don't care.

Every time we do a home and garden show, I would get the same thing. For Directv it's like 8 complainers to every 2 customers that are interested.

We would just hand them a card with our name on it and ask for them to call us after the show. The number on the card would be 1-800-Directv

Nothing we can do for these people, and besides you need to get them out of your booth ASAP because they will waste your time and make you miss talking to a new customer, and then they start saying bad things about the service and scare away the potential customers who we are trying to sign up.

I am tired of the Sam's Club DirecTV reps, to the point that I will take the long way around an aisle to avoid them.

I am tired of the Sam's Club DirecTV reps, to the point that I will take the long way around an aisle to avoid them.

I find it more amusing to waste their time for coming to bother me, but I do know the feeling sometimes its better to be left alone.

I had a guy call me the other day trying to sell me LED pen lights with my company name on it. Kept asking to see a sample, as in send me a free sample in the mail, take a picture and email it to me or give me a website to see what I was going to get. I was really going to buy them from this guy, but kept on pissing me off when I asked for a sample and was told several times that I would like them without seeing them.

Finally went online while the guy was on the phone and found them on another site, and I started to beat him up on the price. The guy finally hung up :)

Best part is when you make someone go away like that, they won't follow up with you or bother you again.

I find it more amusing to waste their time for coming to bother me, but I do know the feeling sometimes its better to be left alone.

I had a guy call me the other day trying to sell me LED pen lights with my company name on it. Kept asking to see a sample, as in send me a free sample in the mail, take a picture and email it to me or give me a website to see what I was going to get. I was really going to buy them from this guy, but kept on pissing me off when I asked for a sample and was told several times that I would like them without seeing them.

Finally went online while the guy was on the phone and found them on another site, and I started to beat him up on the price. The guy finally hung up :)

Best part is when you make someone go away like that, they won't follow up with you or bother you again.
Again Claude, I am impressed. I would love to learn some more of these tactics, and I promise, I am not being a smartass. You seem like a great guy and good business man when the topic is not about Dish.

Bob,

Seriously, they don't care.

Every time we do a home and garden show, I would get the same thing. For Directv it's like 8 complainers to every 2 customers that are interested.

We would just hand them a card with our name on it and ask for them to call us after the show. The number on the card would be 1-800-Directv

Nothing we can do for these people, and besides you need to get them out of your booth ASAP because they will waste your time and make you miss talking to a new customer, and then they start saying bad things about the service and scare away the potential customers who we are trying to sign up.

oh i dont wanta thing/ but hopefully i ruin a few sales, and will hit them repeatedly. plus it demoralizes the sales people.

one sales gal asked why are you doing this to me? because i suffered thru over a year of trash service, and want to save others from such terrible customer service..

i also say call customer service, often after ging thru multiple automated attendants the system will say sorry all reps are busy now please try your call again later goodbye, click.......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)