The Home Entertainment Server

rickaren

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 7, 2004
IN
I guess some have already saw this product but the Telly 1200 just released looks just what we all will need in the future with the planned HD upgrade and compatible with VOOM. If VOOM could offer this DVR, CD, CD, Photo Storage and Web Server as a Home Entertainment Server at a reduced price to their customers maybe they could give DirecTV a run for the money and customers. Looks really like where the future of VOOM should take us all!

http://interact-tv.com/products.php

Maybe I missed something but does this unit work with Voom? Do we know? I assume it does. I think I will wait until CES (I go every year) and see whats the scoop is at that time.

Looks like this Telly is SD only, does not have satellite tuners, does not have DVI or Component outputs. Even if it will have an HDTV tuner in the future, I don't see how it can be possibly used with VOOM...

Most must not have gone to the FAQ section to find answers to their questions!

Lots of questions and pages & pages of answers. Yes some could be vaporware, but still looks promising! Check this out and see what is said.

Future Features: I would like to know the timetable for incorporation of support for HD
HD support is planned for mid 2004, it is based on getting upgrades to the hardware to support correct HD output and also the ability to record HD broadcasts
Last update: 2004-02-06 14:27

Future Features: Will you have 720p, 1080i, and 1080p support in the future?
We currently do not support HD, but plan on supporting it by mid 2004. We need to update the hardware to support correct HD formats, and will support 720P and 1080P, probably not an interlaced format such as 1080i.

Future Features: did i understand correctly reading that the Telly is upgradeable to hdtv by swapping out the tuner card?
We will provide an upgrade path for existing Telly users to go to HD. The tuner will change and depending on the HD monitor that you use, you may need an upgrade to the mainboard. The current mainboard has analog RGB component video out of the VGA connector...many HD monitors accept this. But if your HD monitor requires the YPrPb component output, then we need to upgrade the mainboard as well.
Last update: 2004-02-09 12:02

Also we are waiting for a HW manufacturer to finish an HD compression solution for recording HD.
Last update: 2004-02-06 14:34

Current Features: Can you watch a recorded program while recording another?
Yes, you can watch one prerecorded program while recording another.
Last update: 2004-02-06 13:35

The MC1200 is designed to accommodate more storage. From the comfort of your living room, Telly provides a suite of innovative applications to store, manage and access all your digital media while making this same media available to all computer systems on the home network. Note that an IR Adapter is required for digital cable and satellite subscribers.

We cannot record HDTV on the current Telly, but existing customers can upgrade to an HDTV tuner and have the ability to record HDTV without having to buy a new unit.
Last update: 2004-08-12 17:30

We are working on an HD version. The current Telly unit can output HD via RGB output, but many HD monitors/TVs don't have RGB input, only component HD input. The next Telly hardware upgrade will output component HD.
Last update: 2004-08-12 17:24

http://www.interact-tv.com/itvfaq/index.php?sid=10284&aktion=anzeigen

Isn't this more or less what VOOM is promising with their box? I mean this has a lot of bells and whistles, but that's stuff VOOM can easily throw in over time (pictures, mp3's, home networking; etc)

It is equivalent to a basic MythTV box today. In fact, they are a little behind in capabilities. A lot of their "future" options are available today with MythTV*. But, for a box that is to be treated like a toaster, it has a reasonable user interface and price. Some people do not want to have to learn Linux in order to run their VCR.

* hardware instead of software encoder for SD (Haupaggue PVR-x50)
  multiple tuners
  variable recording profiles and formats
  OTA HDTV recording with pchdtv.com 2000 card
  networked machines and streaming between them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts