The hypocrisy of Goodell and the NFL

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
...So let me get this straight, you are willing to "embrace the snow and ice" in a cold climate place for the Super Bowl, but because it rained ONCE in ONE Super Bowl in Miami, you want to remove possibly the best spot to host the Super Bowl, out of the rotation because you won't "embrace" that possible climate in Miami?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ce-the-snow-and-ice-at-next-years-super-bowl/

Goodell, you can kiss my a$$! What an dirt stain in the underwear of sports....

...So let me get this straight, you are willing to "embrace the snow and ice" in a cold climate place for the Super Bowl, but because it rained ONCE in ONE Super Bowl in Miami, you want to remove possibly the best spot to host the Super Bowl, out of the rotation because you won't "embrace" that possible climate in Miami?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ce-the-snow-and-ice-at-next-years-super-bowl/

Goodell, you can kiss my a$$! What an dirt stain in the underwear of sports....

LOL!!! Gotta love Goodell. :rolleyes:

Personally, I think the Super Bowl should be played in a warm climate AND outdoors. That would eliminate NY/NJ, but it would also eliminate New Orleans....and obviously that would never happen.

I wish the SB could rotate between South Florida, Southern California and Arizona. With the Rose Bowl apparently deemed too antiquated to host a Super Bowl, that only leaves two options.

BTW, I LOVED this little diddy in the comments section of that column :
Where will you be sitting as you “embrace the snow and ice” Roger?
:)

LOL!!! Gotta love Goodell. :rolleyes:

Personally, I think the Super Bowl should be played in a warm climate AND outdoors. That would eliminate NY/NJ, but it would also eliminate New Orleans....and obviously that would never happen.

I wish the SB could rotate between South Florida, Southern California and Arizona. With the Rose Bowl apparently deemed too antiquated to host a Super Bowl, that only leaves two options.

BTW, I LOVED this little diddy in the comments section of that column :
:)

I was at Superbowl 38 in Houston and the weather was really nice, mid 70's. Of course it is a retractable roof so it doesn't really matter what the game day weather is.

I was at Superbowl 38 in Houston and the weather was really nice, mid 70's. Of course it is a retractable roof so it doesn't really matter what the game day weather is.

I guess a site that has a DECENT chance of good weather AND has a retractable roof would be acceptable.

BTW, you saw what was IMO the best SB ever! :)

Wait a minute. He wants to get rid of Miami but he lets New York have it? It could SNOW there. How stupid.

Wait a minute. He wants to get rid of Miami but he lets New York have it? It could SNOW there. How stupid.

And that's the hypocrisy! He states 'the elements are part of the game', yet he had a cow because it rained for the 1st time, that I can remember, in a Super Bowl in Miami during half time a few years back.

Having played several sports in different climates...its much better to play ball in warm rain then -10 degree weather IMO. However after thinking about this for a while, I'd be willing the bet the farm this decision is NOT about the players, their health, safety nor the quality of the footbal being played, but more for the comfort of the corporate heads and their entourage who are in the stands watching the SB.

Totally makes sense... if am the head of a corporation and spent several thousand to attend a SB only to get soaked and I had direct access to Goodell...yeah I'd tell him how I felt about it.

IIRC, the majority of Superbowl tickets are sold/given to corporations, celebrities, politicians etc.... leaving us common folks out.

Cheers, K

Having played several sports in different climates...its much better to play ball in warm rain then -10 degree weather IMO. However after thinking about this for a while, I'd be willing the bet the farm this decision is NOT about the players, their health, safety nor the quality of the footbal being played, but more for the comfort of the corporate heads and their entourage who are in the stands watching the SB.

Totally makes sense... if am the head of a corporation and spent several thousand to attend a SB only to get soaked and I had direct access to Goodell...yeah I'd tell him how I felt about it.

IIRC, the majority of Superbowl tickets are sold/given to corporations, celebrities, politicians etc.... leaving us common folks out.

Cheers, K

But in tons of times Miami has hosted the Super Bowl, if I am not mistaken, only New Orleans has hosted it more, they have had rain on Super Bowl Sunday ONCE. So now, Miami gets taken out of the rotation?

Maybe Goodell wants it out of Miami for now because they've hosted it so many times. I would like to see the Super Bowl in Pasendena or LA. I think they are trying to get some new sites or visit some of the old ones for the Super Bowl.

Maybe Goodell wants it out of Miami for now because they've hosted it so many times. I would like to see the Super Bowl in Pasendena or LA. I think they are trying to get some new sites or visit some of the old ones for the Super Bowl.

and how much did goodell pay you for that post???!!?!?!? ;) :p

Then he just flat out say it, instead of that bull crap excuse of 'we should honor the elements' message he is going around saying...

Im just trying to get inside Goodell's head, thats all. I dont know why Goodell doesnt flat out say it.

Not upset with you Met and I get what your trying to say... But just say you want to expand the pool of host cities, not tell the city of Miami one thing and then pull some BS out his keister and say something else.

No worries, Salsa. The ironic thing is that New Orleans hosts the Super Bowl for the 10th time. They lead in hosting the game the most yet havent hosted in 11 yrs.

The NFL has made it pretty clear that they will not host another Super Bowl in L.A. until there is a new stadium built. The Coliseum and the Rose Bowl are not modern enough for the NFL - i.e. not enough luxury suites for all the fat cat corporate types who show up. To be honest I'm not even the Dolphins stadium is up to snuff anymore, as the NFL keeps raising their requirements for the host stadium.

Luckily a reliable power supply is apparently not a requirement to host the Super Bowl. :)

The NFL has made it pretty clear that they will not host another Super Bowl in L.A. until there is a new stadium built. The Coliseum and the Rose Bowl are not modern enough for the NFL - i.e. not enough luxury suites for all the fat cat corporate types who show up. To be honest I'm not even the Dolphins stadium is up to snuff anymore, as the NFL keeps raising their requirements for the host stadium.

Luckily a reliable power supply is apparently not a requirement to host the Super Bowl. :)

You are mistaken, Sun Life Stadium IS "up to snuff";):p, but they now need an umbrella because it rained ONCE on Prince during his halftime show....:rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts