the "I now have a hopper 3 and I have questions" thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If it hasn't been off that long that would be a problem. Unplug all your Joeys and then reboot the Hopper. Once the hopper is up leave it in standby and let it do its update.

Its been more then three weeks but my boxes never get shut off ever.
You either haven't had anything update in 3 weeks or it's been off when you didn't realize it. The Hopper must be in standby to receive updates. Also, there can be no recordings happening during that time.

Unlike the previous Hoppers, if you disable standby, it will never shutoff and you have to manually shut it off to get any software updates after you learn about a new version here.
I just learned this from dish the other day, I was running the first edition software I skipped 3 versions LOL. No wonder my hopper was still really buggy it was not getting its updates, so from now on I have to manually download the software. :(

Unlike the previous Hoppers, if you disable standby, it will never shutoff and you have to manually shut it off to get any software updates after you learn about a new version here.
I have my setting to shut off after 8 hours but I don't know if my Sony TV is talking to my Hopper 3 but I'll the TV off for an hour or 2 and come back and my Hopper is in standby. I'm using the HDMI output of the Hopper to the HDMI input of the TV.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

If HDMI-CEC is enabled, turning the TV off also turns the Hopper off. The inactivity time setting only kicks in when the receiver is left on.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

I just learned this from dish the other day, I was running the first edition software I skipped 3 versions LOL. No wonder my hopper was still really buggy it was not getting its updates, so from now on I have to manually download the software. :(

Were there 3 versions? I thought the original was U301 and then the updates were U303 and U304, is there something newer? I just wished there was some indicator to let you know there is a update available like when one hits the home key three times, it will say next to the version number if there is a update available.

Reactions: pattykay
No, the opposite. If you are watching TV and then walk away and leave them both on, the inactivity timer kicks in (probably from the last time you used the remote). If you turn your TV off, that should send a signal (via the HDMI cable) that turns the receiver "off" (or standby).

The receiver can go into Standby mode automatically (by the timer) or manually.

If you turn your TV off, that should send a signal (via the HDMI cable) that turns the receiver "off" (or standby).
Not so here. Turning on Hopper kicks on the TV, but Hopper stays live when TV is turned off.

Do you have HDMI-CEC enabled ? I'm not 100% certain on this. I know turning ON the Hopper will also turn on my TV (and switch to that input if necessary) but maybe it doesn't turn it off the same way.

Mine works like the others. H3 will turn on TV, but won't turn off TV. Turning off TV won't turn H3 off either. So, it seems to work right when powering on, but to power off you still have to manually power each off separately.

No, the opposite. If you are watching TV and then walk away and leave them both on, the inactivity timer kicks in (probably from the last time you used the remote). If you turn your TV off, that should send a signal (via the HDMI cable) that turns the receiver "off" (or standby).

The receiver can go into Standby mode automatically (by the timer) or manually.

Seems like it wouldn't work if you were always turned to the same channel unless pressing tv on starts the timer count.

Before I dove in and swriched to Dish, I remember a discussion on here regarding recording an in-progress recording.

IIRC, someone stated that if you are watching a program and hit record, it will only record from that point forward unless you first rewind the show and start the recording from there....

That isn't the way it's working for me now (records episode from start if I was on the channel when it began...).

So if it was that way, it certainly isn't now... Just curious if someone can refresh my memory.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts