The Kill Hit

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Anybody up to sitting on G1-3 and watching the smoke come out the back :yikes All kidding aside did anyone with NPS programming get turned off that didn't hide the dish away? My dish is on W7 Ch 1.

We had NPS for one month in July before switching to SRL.

We are on W3, CH 3 using the AZBOX for MeTV

actually instead of limiting to one non 4DTV satellite..just remove the coax from the 4d unit and leave it on to position the dish. if you dvb fta receiver is on the NON-power passing side of your splitter (where it is slaved) switch the jumpers so your fta box will power the lnb. let the fta box power your c band lnb. now you can get everything unencrypted across the sky that is dvb and not worry about you 4DTV and Moto killing your maps.

if i have time today ill sacrafice my 920 and sit in on g1-3. ill post what happens. tvropro... if you want any diagnostic screens watched let me know cuz im not the most 4d knowledgeable and you seem to know the recievers well.

crackt out,.

if i have time today ill sacrafice my 920 and sit in on g1-3. ill post what happens. tvropro... if you want any diagnostic screens watched let me know cuz im not the most 4d knowledgeable and you seem to know the recievers well.

crackt out,.

Are your currently subbed to NPS? This would prove the most helpful to see how many hits you get. Look at your current hit counter and channel count. Options 6.5 and see if the hit counter goes up and by how much and the channel count goes down. I was kinda kidding around but if you really want to do it. This will prove interesting.

I just did some testing for the heck of it I went to W5 and my sub with SRL that ended on the 22nd is now NS. It was there yesterday. Funny thing is I did not take a hit or show OC. It should still be there then. Unless Motorola turned off everyone somehow.:confused: 4096 EMM is found and locked too on W5 this is weird. Maybe something big time did go down last night, I'm confused since it don't follow what should be happening. Without getting hit or loosing monthly key nothing should change but for some reason it did. DMX and all other FP across the arc is up.

Edited: Thinking about this I wonder if Motorola loaded a countdown time bomb in my sub keys that if it didn't see a code it would shut off on the 26th. Ironic that it shutdown on the 26th I have seen subs go on up to 2 months without hits.. If a time bomb is the case who knows what can be lurking in our receivers from our last hit???? Not Good! BTW my last hit was on the 20th, I think Motorola screwed us all ahead of time :mad:

Last edited:
I'm looking at the Encore mux on Galaxy 12 Transponder 3 with TSReader. The guide pids are still there and there are still 67 satellites listed. My 922 is not subscribed to anything and while I subbed with NPS for many years, I last subscription with them ended at least 3 years ago. So what exactly was supposed to happen today?

Are your currently subbed to NPS? This would prove the most helpful to see how many hits you get. Look at your current hit counter and channel count. Options 6.5 and see if the hit counter goes up and by how much and the channel count goes down. I was kinda kidding around but if you really want to do it. This will prove interesting.

I just did some testing for the heck of it I went to W5 and my sub with SRL that ended on the 22nd is now NS. It was there yesterday. Funny thing is I did not take a hit or show OC. It should still be there then. Unless Motorola turned off everyone somehow.:confused: 4096 EMM is found and locked too on W5 this is weird. Maybe something big time did go down last night, I'm confused since it don't follow what should be happening. Without getting hit or loosing monthly key nothing should change but for some reason it did. DMX and all other FP across the arc is up.

Edited: Thinking about this I wonder if Motorola loaded a countdown time bomb in my sub keys that if it didn't see a code it would shut off on the 26th. Ironic that it shutdown on the 26th I have seen subs go on up to 2 months without hits.. If a time bomb is the case who knows what can be lurking in our receivers from our last hit???? Not Good! BTW my last hit was on the 20th, I think Motorola screwed us all ahead of time :mad:

So far, my channel maps are still present. If Motorola did set a time bomb some time prior to when I disconnected my coax I'll probably eventually lose the maps. Of course, the maps might remain until the next time I move the dish to X4/W5 and then the "bomb" might go off. We'll see. I just "love" all this speculation. Whatever comes to pass we'll just have to live with it. :mad: :censored:

The guide info & maps still are on G1 ok. But they did something with the authorization keys. I'm seeing a few weird things like what I said above and the Denver mux shows me a "1" for EMM when it should be zero. Some are still subbed to Denver which means EMM '0". The only other theory I have is that they went to the January working keys and NPS subs never got those. I must have them but don't show a sub for January. Or Motorola has something else up there sleeve.

Code:
If W5 did not happen then I can see they turn it in to a complete zombie. They have to leave some keys in so they can update the firmware for the 410 W5 stream. If they did not have the keys anyone could of hacked the box.

There going to leave the tiles but if the Batwing lady sings she could get rid of the channel maps for the generics and leave the tiles. Even the Excess VOOM STB were used for Star Choice so they want to be able to use the 922 for the W5ers a complete kill is unlikely..

What will be interesting is after DEC 26 check to see if the data clock is still running, If clock is still running the 4DTV stream is still there.

They can do all of this months ago just like a Trojan Horse Virus.
The clock and calender counts down to D Day and surprise the channel maps are gone.

There can be some people run past Dec 26 but their clock and calender has to be corrupted. You see this with a power glitch and NPS did a reset the clock for the sub. Same thing happens when a single program sub was ended. If they sent next month keys you would be shut off by the next month.

We can only look a history of the VOOM shut down. I never heard about a VOOM box running after Motorola shut it down by not sending authorization keys but the guide still worked and had listings. This kept up for couple of month until the stop send channel maps weeks after shut down. 

There really nowhere to run an hide the dirty deed has already been done.
Having 4DTV generics only limits what left of ITC QPSK Generics which is not much. It best to buy a DSR 4800/ 4810. Then you get the megapipe/ combmode and even then there is limited amount of theses channel that are ever ITC. There worth about a $100 bucks and you will have some use for it after they change everything over the 8PSKDCII or eventually fiber. They tune standard DVBS mpegII and with a HHD1100 you can also watch 4:2:0 4:2:2 SD and HD.

Herman

Hi Tvropro,

Are you saying that there was some truth in this post based on your post about the deed already being done..re time bomb...

Regards,

Candid

With a computer they can use a count down. This may be what happened. If we unplugged our receivers the clock will stop at that point in time until we plug it back in then resume. What that guy in that thread may have posted was on theory of the VC2 since the DC has a lot of similar properties and can hold true. The VC was hacked and all was known. GI built on their VC system theory with the DC. I think the only reason the DC was never hacked was pizza was where the bucks were at. I guess we will have to wait and see. My first idea was to leave the 4D down from Sept to Jan that probably would have been totally safe. If we ever get 4Play running we can tell Motorola to stick it.

With a computer they can use a count down. This may be what happened. If we unplugged our receivers the clock will stop at that point in time until we plug it back in then resume. What that guy in that thread may have posted was on theory of the VC2 since the DC has a lot of similar properties and can hold true. The VC was hacked and all was known. GI built on their VC system theory with the DC. I think the only reason the DC was never hacked was pizza was where the bucks were at. I guess we will have to wait and see. My first idea was to leave the 4D down from Sept to Jan that probably would have been totally safe. If we ever get 4Play running we can tell Motorola to stick it.

Hi Tvropro,

I am not aware of what 4Play is, can you point me to the thread or can you explain how with it running how it would help the 922 users?

I am still new to the forum so I am not aware of all the projects you are working on to assist the C-band crew.

Your assistance is always appreciated.

Thanks

Candid

Guess I decided to risk it, watched SRL programming on w3 &w5 last night and today. on t6 right now awaiting a plug adapter delivery for a FTA receiver.
Nothing happened except maybe the x4 tile moving thingie which was an ez fix:D

The 4play program is software that was used years ago to write our own channel maps. It has an interest in being resurrected now. Actually I have been in contact with a few who can fix the bugs the original program had and make it usable today. Talking about 4play we are looking for someone who could somehow possibly design an interface so we could talk through the c band input on the back of our receivers. If there is anyone with any such knowledge we would love to hear from you.

Update

I checked all my channels I had a sub to till the 22nd just now. W5 606 is the only one down. I was looking at the monthly category key on quite a few DC and it didn't change, so that theory is out the window. Anybody with a sub to the MTV mini pack in it check W5 606 and report if it's working or not. It may be a bug with the one channel and we don't have a bad seed in our boxes. Well maybe not yet.:)

My opinion is if they're sending anything bad they can continue it in Jan or Feb to insure everyone gets inoculated. So i'm continuing to watch my W5 SLR subs. Even cleaned and updated the G1 guide this morning in case its not there later.
Dave

TV Pro
I have the W5 pack, and 606 is showing NS. Still has providers 4096, 4160, 2. Watching the egyptians on 623 and haven't scanned thru to see if any others are missing.
Dave

We had 800-805 (6) MTV-mini pak til sometime yesterday afternoon 12/25 , our sub ran out or was paid till 12/24 (merry xmas?)

TV Pro
I have the W5 pack, and 606 is showing NS. Still has providers 4096, 4160, 2. Watching the egyptians on 623 and haven't scanned thru to see if any others are missing.
Dave

Thank's for the info. That proves that it's an isolated problem. What was happening defies theory of the DC-2. thats why I freaked. I'm sure there is a massive turn off command in the active stream on all satellites that have DC channels to turn off NPS subs. There probably was a hiccup that killed Teen Nick because of it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.