The Kill Hit

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Still up & Running!
After learning that those with X4 maps starting at 200 had Hist W and HGTV W, I decided to do a soft reset. Unchecked my X4 and pulled the plug. After reloading guide, went to W5 and then checked X4 sat. The maps still started at 100, so my X4 only has east feeds. All appears same as before except trip counter at 0. Was over 800 before and this weekend averaged about 25 hits per day. With the "big night" tonite I can easily see if it goes nuts. Dave

lost teen nick here to and im payed till the 4th of jan with srl, guess they are screwing with it some so far. I gonna chance it and keep watching my sub and see what happens

Everything looks the same this morning. W5 subs coming in fine. Guide from G1 took a couple attempts to load however we have severe winds today and the dish is rocking. Still shows 2 EMM providers, got 15 hits on the trip counter last night and one more after loading guide.

got 15 hits on the trip counter last night and one more after loading guide.

Thats quite a bit of hits for overnight. I would say they are blasting away. The DC auth system never gave allot of hits vs the VC. I think they pay by the hit. Wonder if anyone with an NPS sub is still up after taking hits. I'm still on W7 1 :D. 30 hits total for quite some time now. :)

Early last week I averaged 10 per day. By weekend it was up to 25 per day. Looks like the same as I have 19 since last evening. Trip counter was around 900 before I did a soft reset last evening.

I was hoping the reset would get me the X4 guide from 200-900, but it just reloaded the 100-800 again. The 100-800 doesn't have the Hist W or HGTV W. Went back to G1 today and refreshed the guide. It took a couple attempts but may not mean anything as we are having severe winds rocking the dish today. Got 1 more hit while on G1. All appears fine and W5 606 still shows unsubscribed.

I wonder whats up with W5 606 that should be up. Seems like the hitman has got you for sure. If there's anything going on you got it. My last hit was on the 20th. If you have a sub to Teen Nick call SRL and ask them what's up.

I don't know why your not getting the 201 up mapping. Mine was like yours till I lost power a few weeks back then came back with the 201... up...

I called the "Programming Center". They gave me a rehit for W5 606 no luck. After a couple trys they decided to remove sub, and replace; also didn't work. Then I saw that all my channels were NS. She got a supervisor and after a couple trys everything was back except W5 606. Then they checked their system and discovered that its NS for them also. So, "they will call back". Is anyone getting W5 606?

This cheated the trip counter and a new record 48 hits in less than 24 hours, last 23 to find out that W5 606 is still NS.

Things must have been slow tonite as the girl took plenty of time to chat. They are anxious to see how successful the changeover will be, but realise no one is subbing since thay still have no packages or pricing for us.

I also aske them if they couldn't warn folks that their 7 steps will make a dumb box. She says they are stuck to only give the 7 steps as that is all Moto has authorized them to say. Told her this could make for some angry new customers. She asked what my concerns were and we discussed pbsand other open channels. She was told to suggest people follow the 7 steps and get a fta box for the rest. I didn't discuss other than the non-scrambled channels.

I bet the NPS kill has something to do with 606. The master is up since I get the commercial message of "This channel not available" on C3 and it works fine on DirecTV.

SRL must follow what Motorola tells them. Skyvision actually is pushing the envelope with their ways. The thing is you can't piss off Motorola. Not if you expect them to play ball with you. My site is not associated with anyone but me and I have a 1st amendment right to post what I wish. But I still keep in guidelines to keep things vague unless told else wise. If anything my site is geared for the hobbyist and the continuing of 4DTV subscriptions.

Glad you called them and made them aware of the 606 thing they need to fix it.

The thing is you can't piss off Motorola. Not if you expect them to play ball with you.

On January 5th all bets are off and you can say anything you like! :)

Once they hit the turn off switch I hope you will make the necessary changes whatever it may be to your site.
Motorola was not decent to their employees nor to the C-band community. This is one company I now go out of my way to not purchase products they make or sell.

Even then, isn't HITS still using Moto licensed equipment? Although Moto might think twice about telling Comcast what to do.

COMCAST:

Revenue
11px-Increase2.svg.png
$ 35.756 billion (2009)[2]
Operating income
11px-Increase2.svg.png
$ 7.214 billion (2009)[2]
Net income
11px-Increase2.svg.png
$ 3.638 billion (2009)[2]
Total assets
11px-Decrease2.svg.png
$ 112.733 billion (2009)[2]
Total equity
11px-Increase2.svg.png
$ 42.721 billion (2009)[2]
Employees 100,000 - September 2009

MOTOROLA:

Revenue
11px-Decrease2.svg.png
$22.044 billion (2009)[4]
Operating income
11px-Decrease2.svg.png
$-158 million (2009)[4]
Net income
11px-Decrease2.svg.png
$-51 million (2009)[4]
Total assets
11px-Decrease2.svg.png
$25.603 billion (2009)[4]
Total equity
11px-Decrease2.svg.png
$9.775 billion (2009)[4]
Employees 60,000 (2010)[5]

On January 5th all bets are off and you can say anything you like! :)

Once they hit the turn off switch I hope you will make the necessary changes whatever it may be to your site.
Motorola was not decent to their employees nor to the C-band community. This is one company I now go out of my way to not purchase products they make or sell.

Once our final tests are done in my group I will post the results to the 4 steps to no brick. They won't stop that. As far as a kill In theory Motorola could still do anything at anytime but probably will forget about us once they toss the consumer SAC end of them. It will be safe to go in the water again. :) If we sub we have to go to W5 and maps and hits will be happening but that will be on the Comcast SAC I don't think 4160 will be loaded.

As far as experimenting with 4Play and stuff things are in the works here and there. If something new gets released I will report it.

On a W-5 side note... I just got brave, for a second, and motored over to W-5, and my MTV mini-pak from SRL that was over on 12/21, is STILL WORKING! :eek: I said a quick "Woo-HOO!" and quickly got off of the DCII signal! :D:up

I didn't say this but... Unless you got hit or the category key goes old it will work. :D Bet they change the Category Key on the 29th when most stuff will go dark.

I was going to switch from Bell to Shaw but when i found out that Shaw uses Motorola units i said no way Motorola getting anything from me. Thanks for all the work that you do Tvropro. I wish you would get a Pay Pal feature for donations on your 4DTV online site as i really do not like to use my credit card on the internet.

Thanks for all the work that you do Tvropro. I wish you would get a Pay Pal feature for donations on your 4DTV online site as i really do not like to use my credit card on the internet.

You can donate with a paypal account if you wish vs credit card. Just click on donate. If it isn't working let me know and I will look into it. It costs me money to pay for bandwidth usage and that has gone up a lot lately. I also do put quite a bit of effort into the site with updates plus tracking down information etc. And not to forget my testing for you guys. :) Every little bit helps.Thanks.

i don't buy motorola phones or any moto products...we recently upgraded our business band radios and i bought icom radios. The icoms were more expensive than the motorola but i was not putting our money in motorola.

The icoms are nicer looking radios with more features and digital encryption.

i use apple iphones for all of our phones.

No moto money here

i don't buy motorola phones or any moto products...we recently upgraded our business band radios and i bought icom radios. The icoms were more expensive than the motorola but i was not putting our money in motorola.

The icoms are nicer looking radios with more features and digital encryption.

i use apple iphones for all of our phones.

No moto money here

My employer has been moving away from Motorola to Kenwood and Icom. I work for a huge company so that's a lot of lost business for Motorola.

Is anyone else having an isue with their X4 map? I've been watching the W5 and some generics, etc as usual. Did a guide download tonite as usual. If there's a bad hit to get I should have it! Still a daily average of 25 hits. Was looking around and my X4 didn't get a lock. Found the polarity reversed, now it works again. Wondering how that happened?

BTW I'm planning for the new year and no guide. Assuming my channel maps will stay intact, and need to make it workable for the wife. Is there a listing anywhere giving all the 4dtv channels? If not, I will make up a spreadsheet in the next few days before this info is gone to refresh my poor memory when needed where the channels are. Then make up a custom guide from TitanTV to know what shows on. Any ideas or suggestions?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts