The Kill Hit

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Ya, DirecTV receiver's don't need to have a sub for the guide to work, but they do need to have been sub'd at some point in their life so that the time zone is set. I don't think the guide works on one fresh out of the factory packaging that has never received a hit.

Ya, DirecTV receiver's don't need to have a sub for the guide to work, but they do need to have been sub'd at some point in their life so that the time zone is set. I don't think the guide works on one fresh out of the factory packaging that has never received a hit.

I have some old receivers that never subbed that get the guide without the CA card even. I have 6 receivers I own that I got for free 4 are from a overdue account my friend found in the trash and useless to use to sub and the other two are too old. But they all give me the guide..

Someone mentioned using an old D or E receiver to get the guide even if it is not subbed.

:mad: Nutz!! I just trashed a half dozen D and E receivers people gave to me just last month! I thought that there was no use for them!

**(My father-in-law wanted to sub to D without long term commitment using one of those receivers but they said you must lease a new receiver. I heard of other people doing otherwise.) [Off topic! :eek: ]

Thanks for the guide info. I have a Direct Tivo Phillips DSR708 that I was hoping to make a cheap dvr out of. Do you suggest getting a small dish for it or can I download it off my bud?

Am I offbase thinking I need to make a map of where the channels are for the day the guide dies in January? Maybe a simple one with the clear channels such as NET, NWNews, M5, etc plus all the W5 ones.

Another way to get guide is with an old FTA receiver such as Pansat set on dishnet 110 and 119 birds. What is happening to use on the BUD is part of a master plan for Charley and Dave.

I called programming center and discovery, HDTV etc that were on were in C3 and C4 satellites have been added to W5. My sub has moved to that satellite as of today. I told the guy at programming center resetting my dish to 1 satellite was unsat and that I would not perform the change and loose mapping. I also told him that if this happened would scrap 4DTV and use a older receiver for moving the dish.

Another way to get guide is with an old FTA receiver such as Pansat set on dishnet 110 and 119 birds. What is happening to use on the BUD is part of a master plan for Charley and Dave.

That can be bad news. I have a pirate bin in my Visionsat since it allows better PVR functions than the stock bin. I tried the guide thing from 119 and Charlie made my receiver go nuts, shutting down booting up etc. When I pulled the 119 dish from the Diseqc it stopped. SO Charlie is targeting any bins that can get his guide. Usually the factory ones won't get the guide.

I've been watching for changes and counting the hits, as I am watching my subs and diong the guide as usual. All appears well except the trip counter this evening is at 8. No power outage, on UPS anyhow, and guide still has info. Maybe this is not uncommon as I'm not used to monitoring my hits. Before trying last soft reset to get newer X4 map it was over 800, this morning it was about 130 and tonite 8.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts