The Late Show with David Letterman

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I read this excellent article from Bill Simmons the other day, it's dated April 8:

Now we’re already thinking about the Next Next Guy — within 12 hours of Letterman’s stunning announcement, names like Tina Fey, Neil Patrick Harris, Ellen DeGeneres and even Conan were being thrown around for his job. I will spare you the suspense — it’s going to be Colbert. Well, unless he has three more Twitter debacles or something. He’s getting that job.

http://grantland.com/features/david-letterman-retires-cbs/

Ferguson just got some free money. He had a clause in his contract that would pay him if he was passed over as the successor.

I dont think Ferguson would've worked at 11:35. I mean lets face it, he swears like a trooper and I dont think his brand of comedy would fit at that time.

I dont think Ferguson would've worked at 11:35. I mean lets face it, he swears like a trooper and I dont think his brand of comedy would fit at that time.
I agree, while I would have loved him at 11:35 I don't think it would have worked with mainstream america.

How long was this decision in the works, Letterman announced just a week ago and already CBS hired Colbert. I wonder if they had this deal planned months ago and just needed Dave to announce.

Well that was fast...

CBS just announced that Stephen Colbert will be taking over The Late Show from David Letterman next year.

Not sure if he is a good choice or not.

Me either. But, who else is there?

How about The Iron Sheik?
:)
attachment.php

Attachments

• sheiky.jpg
    sheiky.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 162
Monday, April 21 Actress Courteney Cox; comedian Jimmie “J.J.” Walker; musical guest Christina Perri (n)

*Tuesday, April 22 Stephen Colbert, future host of CBS’ LATE SHOW; morning news anchor Robin Roberts; musical guest Kelis; musician Sam Moore sits in with CBS Orchestra (n)

Wednesday, April 23 Actress Sally Field; actor Timothy Simons; musical guests Needtobreathe (n)

Thursday, April 24 Actor Neil Patrick Harris; actress Sarah Hyland; musical guest Ray LaMontagne (n)

Friday, April 25 Piedmont Bird Callers; actor Michael J. Fox from the CBS drama series “The Good Wife”; musical guests Naughty Boy (n)

Monday, May 5 Actress Shailene Woodley; Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning (n)

Tuesday, May 6 Actor Jon Cryer from the CBS comedy series “Two and a Half Men”; actress Elizabeth Olsen; musical guests Foster the People (n)

Wednesday, May 7 Singer Mariah Carey; reality television star Rick Harrison (n)

Thursday, May 8 Actor James Franco; singer Idina Menzel; a performance from the Broadway musical “If/Then” (n)

Friday, May 9 Actor Nathan Fillion; comedian Tom Dreesen; musical guest Hunter Hayes (n)

Letterman seems to have started to have more fun doing his show. He is not as grumpy and stiff lately.

Monday, May 12 Actor Harry Connick, Jr.; actor Jesse Eisenberg; musical guests The Black Keys (n)

Tuesday, May 13 Actor Jim Parsons from the CBS comedy series “The Big Bang Theory”; Julie Chen, co-host of the CBS daytime talk show “The Talk”; musical guests Hozier (n)

Wednesday, May 14 Talk show host Barbara Walters; actress Elle Fanning; musical guest Randy Houser (n)

Thursday, May 15 Actor Adam Sandler; actor Thomas Haden Church (n)

Friday, May 16 Actress Lea Michele; comedian Andy Kindler; musical guest Chromeo (n)

Neil Patrick Harris Says He Turned Down the 'Late Show' in Fear of Getting 'Bored

It appears that CBS thought the same thing and approached him about the job, however Harris told Howard Stern on Wednesday that he declined the offer because he was worried he would get bored of the same format every night.

hollywoodreporter.com

These nightly shows are also huge work. Every day you have to produce a show, essentially giving up the chance to make other TV shows or movies.

*Wednesday, May 21 Medal of Honor recipient former Army Sgt. Kyle J. White; actress Judy Greer; musical guest Dierks Bentley (n)

Thursday, May 22 Talk show host Stephen Colbert; news anchor Robin Roberts; musical guest Kelis

Friday, May 23 Actress Lindsay Lohan; Jamie Edwards, the youngest person to achieve nuclear fusion; musical guests Real Estate

*Monday, May 26 Comedian Don Rickles; comedian Carmen Lynch; musical guests The Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger

*Tuesday, May 27 Actor Adam Sandler; actor Thomas Haden Church; musical guests Nightmare and the Cat

*Wednesday, May 28 Actor James Franco; actress Idina Menzel; a performance from the Broadway musical “If/Then”

*Thursday, May 29 Actor Jon Cryer from the CBS comedy series “Two and a Half Men”; actress Elizabeth Olsen; musical guests Foster the People

*Friday, May 30 Actress Shailene Woodley; Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)