The LeBron James Free Agency Thread

WOW!!!! I too also heard this on Dan LeBatard's show today as I was coming into work!

What did you say the other day about not getting excited until the ink is on the dotted line? LOL!

BTW, not to burst your bubble, but the sources I'm hearing from say the Raptors are in discussion with EIGHT other teams in a sign and trade, not just the Heat. Oh and one of the 8 teams? You guessed it... THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS!!! HOLD TIGHT FOLKS! THIS IS GOING TO BE A WILD RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From Cavs Beat Twitter

Recap of day's meetings so far....

LeBron just arrived at meetings. Car choice today is white Cadillac Escalade.

Nets arrived a few minutes ago. Brought a bunch of luggage on cart and large computer box, ready for presentation.

I'm just eyeballing it, but Prokhorov looks like he's got at least an inch on LeBron

Nets have bigger banners, bigger ads in papers in NYC and now they have a bigger jet. Knicks came in a G4, Prokhorov showed up in G5.

Knicks just sent over their luggage/computers for presentation with an advance team. Folks, I can't make this stuff up.

Nets just left. Avery Johnson said "meeting went well." Prohorov thought it was funny that he heard he'd landed on radio.

Nets had folders with LeBron's face integrated into logo

Jay-Z has not left yet, Nets car waiting for him to head to airport. A private meeting with LeBron?

Knicks arrive in 4, count 'em, 4 cars. They literally passed Jay-Z's car as hd left building.

Always knew this would be surreal. It is. James Dolan, Allan Houston, Donnie Walsh, Mike D'Antoni plus about 4 other execs in Knick party

Nets are leaving Cleveland Hopkins Airport in a matter of minutes, heading for Chicago. Will they have folders with Wade/Bosh photos?

The good news is eventually we'll find out the truth and all of the innuendo and rampant speculation will go away. Remember the big news about 'The Summit'? So many of these other announcements are going to prove to be just as accurate as that one.

And Stephen A Smith will have to find another way to try to make himself relevant again. ;)

Sandra

They sort of DID have the summit down here....it was just Lebron, Wade and Bosh.

What did you say the other day about not getting excited until the ink is on the dotted line? LOL!

BTW, not to burst your bubble, but the sources I'm hearing from say the Raptors are in discussion with EIGHT other teams in a sign and trade, not just the Heat. Oh and one of the 8 teams? You guessed it... THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS!!! HOLD TIGHT FOLKS! THIS IS GOING TO BE A WILD RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nahhhh....I was only excited for about 45 seconds. I look at it this, whether they land the BIGGEST Fish or not....Miami is gonna be a lot better team come tip-off this year.;)

They did NOT meet. Wade wasn't even in Chicago that weekend. Neither was LeBron. This story was made-up fluff from the beginning. I keep telling you...

Sedano Says

Why are you disputing salsadancer on this? If he said the summit happened, it happened. I'm sure he has hard google proof that the summit happened just like he said it did.

Go ahead salsa, show him.

Sandra

They did NOT meet. Wade wasn't even in Chicago that weekend. Neither was LeBron. This story was made-up fluff from the beginning. I keep telling you...

Sedano Says
Or was it??

Sources close to the situation said Monday night that three of the biggest names in basketball -- Wade, Chris Bosh and LeBron James -- met over the weekend in Miami to seriously discuss their futures, with a focus on the increasingly plausible possibility of those three teaming up with Wade's Heat.

The Miami Herald reported Tuesday on its website that two Wade representatives deny that the meeting took place, saying that Wade was in Chicago all weekend. Sources close to the situation told ESPN.com that the three players were initially drawn to Miami in conjunction with an annual two-day party and golf tournament hosted by DJ Irie -- who serves as the Heat's official team DJ -- and were seen in Miami.

2010 NBA free agents: LeBron James, Chris Bosh, Dwyane Wade meet, discuss futures, sources say - ESPN

That's it. I am hearby putting a moratorium on all heresy and unfounded rumors!

Unless a link is provided with quotes from the horses mouth or the team itself (with names being quoted), I will not accept anything as fact. No "sources close to the situation", "friends of cousins who might be related to such and such's baby's daddy", etc will be given any credibility!

Unless a link is provided with quotes from the horses mouth or the team itself (with names being quoted), I will not accept anything as fact.

LOL then you are on the wrong website my friend. Every expert opinion here is FACT!!!!!! Especially when you put it in CAPS!!!!! And add lot of !!!!!!!!! to show you REALLY MEAN BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scare.gif
dunce.gif

Sandra

Whatever you say "Cowgirl" :D

:D :D :D

I'm starting to feel more strongly than ever that Lebron is returning to Lake land. Of course that's not a FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just my measly old opinion. Oh, I also heard Kevin Millar say it...so it fits your criteria! ;)

Sandra

Unless a link is provided with quotes from the horses mouth or the team itself (with names being quoted), I will not accept anything as fact. No "sources close to the situation", "friends of cousins who might be related to such and such's baby's daddy", etc will be given any credibility!
Well, LeBron himself seemed to say a meeting was going to happen in his recent interview with Larry King:

KING: You can tell me — that you’re going to get together, you, with Bosh and Wade and Stoudemire and Lee and Johnson and Allen and The Witsky (ph) and all of you sort of…

(LAUGHTER)

KING: This is funny?

You’re (INAUDIBLE)?

JAMES: We can be like a little committee?

KING: Yes.

JAMES: A little free agent committee.

KING: (INAUDIBLE) give a shot at it, a free agent committee. No one can stop you. You’re all free agents. The league can’t tell you not to do this.

JAMES: Right.

KING: What if you go there and I go here and we go here?

Is that possible?

JAMES: I don’t know to that extent, but it will be fun. It will be fun to get all the free agents together and, you know, figure out a way how we can make the league better.

Transcript: LeBron James talks to Larry King - CNN.com

LeBoobapalooza: Day 2

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Day Two of the LeBron James pitch meetings are in effect, albeit with less fanfare.

The Miami Heat, the team with the most salary-cap space at around $43 million, were the first to meet with James this morning.

The Clippers are due to arrive this afternoon. However the team currently has no coach and owner Donald Sterling isn't believed to have made the trip to Cleveland.

LeBippy showed up 20 minutes late to the IMG building. Looks much more casual today...

frilbjjpg-eb713cd7317fe40a_large.jpg

LeBron announced the upcoming unveiling of his new website. All that's open so far is his homepage that reads: "Something's Coming" and to "Prepare Yourself". He's so dramatic....

LeBron James : Official Website

Really makes you wonder where his priorities are. Seems like he enjoys this more than he'd enjoy playing in the finals. If Lebron would have put as much effort into beating the Celtics as he's putting into this process, he may have made the finals.

Sandra

Really makes you wonder where his priorities are. Seems like he enjoys this more than he'd enjoy playing in the finals. If Lebron would have put as much effort into beating the Celtics as he's putting into this process, he may have made the finals.

Sandra

You're preaching to the choir Sandra. My thoughts exactly...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)