The LeBron James Free Agency Thread

Thankfully this will all be over soon......I can't tell you how sick I am of hearing about it.

Did anyone here the latest pitch out of NY?

Basically their pitch to Bosh, LeBron and Wade is to pay them $10-35 mill LESS so they can all play together! This while plotting to also destroy them in new CBA. Absolutely hysterical! Who the hell does New York think they are?!

Basically their pitch to Bosh, LeBron and Wade is to pay them $10-35 mill LESS so they can all play together! This while plotting to also destroy them in new CBA. Absolutely hysterical! Who the hell does New York think they are?!
Do you mean this one??:

Ironically, despite the league's salary-cap provisions, there are two ways that James could legally manipulate the strictures. First, and because he makes so much endorsement income away from the court, if he really wants a star sidekick to help him win a title, James could be like those plutocrats who take a dollar a year in token remuneration for some civic job. He could selflessly accept the NBA minimum allowed, and thus free up a huge sum for a running mate.

Or, as was first suggested by Forbes, because Madison Square Garden is a publicly traded company, if James wants to play in New York City, he could buy shares in MSG, then sign with the Knicks and cash in when the stock rose on the announcement.

Crain's New York Business estimates that the franchise's value increase by as much as $150 million if James signs with the Knicks –– even more if they can add an extra star and actually start winning.

It's certainly fair to say that never has any athlete been such a valuable financial commodity. And neither has any athlete ever been in such a position to, in effect, buy his own championship. Superstars often say they'd give anything to win. Well, James could. All he has to do is sell himself short.

LeBron Poised For Free Agency, And A New Turn In Career : NPR

The pitch will be that the even with a smaller contract they will ultimately make more money in New York because of off-court opportunities.

Sandra

Hertz. :D

How many days will it take for LeBron to make his decision?

Someone said things aren't official till July 8th, and July 1st is merely the beginning of the free-agent wooing.

I believe that LeBron will hear each suitors' offer for him, as well as reasons why they'd want him, then he'll decide on what to do.

Don't expect him to decide where he goes on the 1st of July- if anything, it might take a few days.

WOW!!!! I too also heard this on Dan LeBatard's show today as I was coming into work!

According to Dan LeBatard, a contributor for ESPN and the Miami Herald, Chris Bosh will be going to the Miami Heat.

The report claims that he will come to Miami via a sign and trade involving second year players Michael Beasley and Mario Chalmers.

What this means?

The Heat hits big early. This would guarantee Dwyane Wade ’s return and at the worst a Wade-Bosh core. Then it also creates as much extra cap room as possible to pursue anybody.

If this deal holds up, Miami will be the king of free agency. They would have the most leverage by far, than any other team in the league because all they would have under contract is Wade and Bosh.

The next move would be to go hard after Lebron James . The Heat can afford to be somewhat patient now because they’re sitting as pretty as can be for the start of the wildest NBA Free Agency in the league’s history.

This helps both Bosh and Toronto because it gives him an extra year on his deal and allows for the Raptors to not lose him for nothing.

This might not be 100% but LeBatard isn’t the type of wild journalist who would report something that he doesn’t think is absolutely true.

The good news is eventually we'll find out the truth and all of the innuendo and rampant speculation will go away. Remember the big news about 'The Summit'? So many of these other announcements are going to prove to be just as accurate as that one.

And Stephen A Smith will have to find another way to try to make himself relevant again. ;)

Sandra

LeBron Schmoozing Updates via Twitter...

Knicks contigent is already in Cleveland after overnight flight from LA.

Mikhail Prokhorov & Jay-Z expected to land in 25 minutes.

I really need to get out of this state! It's becoming an absolute circus!

Lol! I just heard that theres a media circus downtown outside the IMG building where all the meetings are taking place.

Lol! I just heard that theres a media circus downtown outside the IMG building where all the meetings are taking place.

Did you see 19 Action News reporting outside of LeBron's house last night? There were mobs of people taking family pictures and such.

The attention is so extreme, LeBron's across the street neighbor has put his home up for sale on eBay!

So far, the highest bid is $50,000 bucks...which could skyrocket if LeBron James decides to stay in Cleveland.

For $ale: Won't You Be My Neighbor? Move Next Door - 19 Action News|Cleveland, OH|Breaking News, Weather, Exclusives

Check out the banner across the street from the IMG building. LeBron will have to look at this before making any decision. LOL!

x2_1cc105f

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)