The LeBron James Free Agency Thread

The difference between KG in Minnesota was that the T-Wolves were never the best regular season for two consecutive seasons.

I am still convinced the Cavs were plenty capable of winning at least one Championship in the last two years, but we didn't play up to potential.

And what about So Shaq's championships are tainted because he left Orlando to LA? Does this apply to OTHER sports as well?

I mean to call them tainted because they left for a better opportunity is one of the most absolutely ridiculous things I have EVER heard here.:eek:

Look, I TOTALLY understand you are pissed and hurt that Lebron COULD leave, but man oh man you are getting carried away here.:(

And what about So Shaq's championships are tainted because he left Orlando to LA? Does this apply to OTHER sports as well?

I mean to call them tainted because they left for a better opportunity is one of the most absolutely ridiculous things I have EVER heard here.:eek:

Look, I TOTALLY understand you are pissed and hurt that Lebron COULD leave, but man oh man you are getting carried away here.:(

Q: Let's say the Miami Heat were the best regular season two years in a row and Dwayne Wade was coming off his second straight MVP season. Wouldn't you be a bit dumbfounded as to why/how he could even consider leaving?!

Here we go again. When your argument doesn't work, attack the other poster. Directly from the "Internet Tough Guy 101" handbook.

Good stuff :rolleyes:

Sandra

Here we go....the ole victim thing again whenever you're shown to be wrong....

....I mean really....you could almost swear you have never attacked anyone here with your sarcastic comments followed by a ";)" to make them seem like innocent little jibes.....

...Raaaaammmmmyyyyyyy....she calling me a boo boo head....please tell her to stop touching me..... LOL!:rolleyes::haha:haha:haha

I have had PLENTY disagreements with folks...and visa versa and NO ONE has gone to "he's picking on me" mode.... cowgirl up and take it like you dish it!;)

so let's move along.....nothing to see....

Q: Let's say the Miami Heat were the best regular season two years in a row and Dwayne Wade was coming off his second straight MVP season. Wouldn't you be a bit dumbfounded as to why/how he could even consider leaving?!

HD....it's a business dude! This is why I root for TEAMS and not individuals! I knew a LONG time ago that if I placed my heart on PLAYERS and not TEAMS...these guys would break my heart. I can DEAL with a my team sucking....LOL...it's a TEAM effort! LOL!! I mean I am Raiders fan for GOD's sakes!! LOL!! There is ONLY one other person that can sympathize with me and that is Paul.

Those days of guys staying forever are LONG GONE thanks to the good ole capitolism. Not saying it is bad, just saying that THEY, and YOU and alot of folks, are looking to either better their situation. I mean isn't that the American dream....?

I prepared myself at the end of LAST season with the possibility of losing Wade. ALL indications show he is gonna stay, but until I SEE him sign the dotted line, I will not be satisfied.

...I hate to say it, but "it is what it is......."

Here we go....the ole victim thing again whenever you're shown to be wrong....

....I mean really....you could almost swear you have never attacked anyone here with your sarcastic comments followed by a ";)" to make them seem like innocent little jibes.....

...Raaaaammmmmyyyyyyy....she calling me a boo boo head....please tell her to stop touching me..... LOL!

I have had PLENTY disagreements with folks...and visa versa and NO ONE has gone to "he's picking on me" mode.... cowgirl up and take it like you dish it!;)

so let's move along.....nothing to see....

This post tells you all you need to know.....

Same script from the same handbook. Classy keyboard hero stuff. :rolleyes:

Sandra

This post tells you all you need to know.....

Same script from the same handbook. Classy keyboard hero stuff. :rolleyes:

Sandra

Thank you! :up

So, still think Lebron is coming to NYC? I have my doubts now. I think it has now tilted toward Chicago with Miami VERY close behind....then Cleveland.

Thank you! :up

So, still think Lebron is coming to NYC? I have my doubts now. I think it has now tilted toward Chicago with Miami VERY close behind....then Cleveland.

Not sure why on earth you would ask this, when I never said he was coming here. Read the posts.

Sandra

HHHMMMMM.....Interesting.....in this video, ESPN Chris Broussard mentions the possibility of the lack of Florida state tax helping in bringing Bosh and James...a few times.:rolleyes:

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5338472"]2010 NBA free agents: LeBron James, Chris Bosh, Dwyane Wade meet, discuss futures, sources say - ESPN[/ame]

Funny....you mentioned it quite a few times to HD to then point of almost getting him upset.

...wait....YOUR tell ME.....to READ POST??!!!!!:eek:

Well now you're just bringing up a different part of the topic for the sole purpose of bickering about who said what, but whatever...nothing new here. Same old same old. :rolleyes:

Yes, HD and I have gone back and forth over the last year because he and I are FRIENDLY and we like to tease each other. Apparently you don't get that.

But regarding reading my posts, this is what I said most recently when giving my honest opinion...IN THIS THREAD. Yes, read my post....

OK, since you went ahead and started a thread, I'm going to give you my first impressions of Lebron's possible destinations.

Cleveland - I thought all along this was the most likely scenario, and it still may be...I think. But Lebron's play during the series, and especially games five and six, makes you wonder. No clue what to make of this Delonte West thing, or Lebron's relationship with the coach. I think if he does sign in Cleveland, it just might be either be a three year deal, or a longer than three year deal that gives Lebron an out after three years if he wants to exercise it.

Chicago - I know this is the current sexy choice, but I would be surprised. Will Lebron really want to play in a place where he cannot possibly match what Michael Jordan did? Especially since Jodan's spotlight still shines so brightly? If Lebron wins 2-3 championships in Chicago, which would be amazing, there will still be a large faction that says 'so what? Michael Jordan won six'. I don't put much stock in the Calipari rumors, it's possible he's the one starting these rumors himself to get more out of Kentucky.

New York - Calm down, all the 'Lebron countdowns' you see are just to sell papers. Still, you have to think the City is at the very least on Lebron's mind. And if Lebron wins 2-3 championships here (or even one)...nobody will say 'so what'. Lebron will be canonized Derek Jeter/Willis Reed/Joe Namath/Mark Messier style. And if he comes here he would never leave. Lebron would get drunk on the City. I would still be surprised, but I think it's at least a possibility.

New Jersey - What the heck does Jay-Z have to do with the Nets anyway? I honestly don't even know. The Nets are now owned by some billionnaire Russian dude. As I said, I don't see Lebron playing in Newark for 3-4 years, but I would not dismiss this because of talent. Add Lebron and John Wall to Brooke Lopez and Devin Harris, and you are ascending the NBA ladder so quickly you may get altitude sickness.

Miami - Would Lebron really join a team that is decidedly Dwyane Wade's? It's possible, of course, A-Rod seems to be fine that the Yankees will always be Derek Jeter's team, but basketball is different. And I think Lebron may be different too. Longshot at best.

LA Clippers - My sentimental choice. Think about it...not only is it the same city as Kobe, it's the same building! How delicious is that? It's not like the Clip Joint is out of the way in Long Beach or anything. The Clippers have some talent too, especially since they jettisoned Cory Maggette. Goodness knows what Donald Sterling will ever do, but the irony is fantastic. How many LA basketball fans, who forgot the Clippers even exist, would instantly jump on the bandwagon!

Everyone else seems to be a severe longshot at the moment.

Sandra

See, you really should have read the post. ;)

Sandra

Well now you're just bringing up a different part of the topic for the sole purpose of bickering about who said what, but whatever...nothing new here. Same old same old. :rolleyes:

Yes, HD and I have gone back and forth over the last year because he and I are FRIENDLY and we like to tease each other. Apparently you don't get that.

But regarding reading my posts, this is what I said most recently when giving my honest opinion...IN THIS THREAD. Yes, read my post....

See, you really should have read the post. ;)

Sandra

ALL I said was, YOU said...and you did. Whether you were teasing....meant it...was singing it to him or rapping it....you DID say it.

....now cowgirl up....;)

GREAT read about the inner circle of Team Lebron!

Team LeBron reaches for prominence

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports
Jun 28, 5:01 pm EDT

It’s clear why advisor William Wesley has been so relentless courting suitors with conditions and circumstances with which they can secure LeBron James(notes): For basketball’s biggest dealmaker, there’s little personal benefit to James re-signing with the Cleveland Cavaliers. To team executives in the chase and those familiar with the dynamics of James’ inner circle, World Wide Wes’ agenda is clear: Get LeBron out of Cleveland and push himself into a prominent place of power.

To be considered the architect of the sport’s grandest transaction, World Wide Wes needs James out of the clutches of the Cavaliers.

“If LeBron leaves, Wes is going to get carte blanche wherever he signs,” one source told Yahoo! Sports. “He’s going to have the run of the place, and he doesn’t have that in Cleveland. He has access there, but Maverick Carter is the guy with the keys there. …[Carter’s] much more influential, and would always be in Cleveland.”

This is the push and pull on the inside of Team LeBron, sources say – agendas colliding in self-interest as the start of free agency creeps closer on Thursday. In the end, James is too strong to let someone else make a decision for him, but there remains strong influences deeply immersed in this process with him.

Beyond James’ own sentimentality and belief of staying the course with Cleveland, the best chance the Cavaliers have to re-sign James likely belongs to Carter, his business manager, and the high school buddies on the payroll. Should James leave for the bright lights and big cities, his childhood associates become less relevant, less impressive. “No one cares about those guys walking around in Chicago or Miami or New York,” one league executive said.

James’ friends have had the run of Cleveland for seven years, unchecked power within the corridors of the Cavaliers organization. Around Cleveland and nearby Akron, where they were brought up with James, they don’t need to have the two-time MVP surrounding them to be considered VIPs. Maybe that doesn’t end with James elsewhere, but it dramatically changes.

Carter has counted upon James’ money to bankroll a fledgling marketing company, LRMR, and James’ staying with Cleveland would be worth $30 million more over the life of a six-year contract than if he signed with another team.

LRMR has little revenue coming in, and going out they have offices, staff, attorneys, five-star hotel bills and the use of private jets. For James’ associates, the cost of living promises to be far steeper beyond the life they’ve made for themselves in Northeast Ohio.

There isn’t strife within Team LeBron, but tension? Yes, there’s tension, sources say. After all, Carter has set himself up as the conduit to James, his marketing guru, the man all things must go through before they reach James’ ears. He controls his own people in the media, plants the stories he wants reported. Team LeBron had the grand idea for a city-to-city free-agent tour that had to be cancelled because of the backlash this frenzy had started to incur.

World Wide Wes doesn’t spend the time that Maverick does with James, but he has far greater influence with front offices and teams. Carter tried to work an arrangement with David Geffen to buy controlling interest of the Los Angeles Clippers, but owner Donald Sterling has shown no interest in selling. This would’ve been Carter’s coup, his way to move James into Hollywood and an epic tangle with Kobe Bryant(notes) and the Los Angeles Lakers. It would’ve been his score, his deal, and Wes would’ve been on the outside.

Only, it never happened and the process is back where it started: With Wesley selling New York and New Jersey on making deals for Chris Paul(notes), and advising Chicago and Miami to clear cap space to make room for James and other star free agents. Cleveland isn’t out of this, but the world changes around LeBron James if he declares he’s leaving home. One of those teams will owe World Wide Wes, and payback will come with raises for the coaches he represents, with contracts for the players he’ll want to eventually bring there.

The power of World Wide Wes – real, mythical or blurred in between – is on trial now. Ultimate deal for Wesley or ultimate bust. Which is why he’s pushing for James to leave Cleveland, to leave the superstar’s comfort zone. Wes’ ability to work the league for years could come down to the NBA’s most historic free agent staying or going, stepping out and moving away or clinging close to the people and place he has always known.

Yes, this is LeBron James’ choice, and it needs to be because the agendas surrounding serve every interest but his own.

Team LeBron reaches for prominence - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

ALL I said was, YOU said...and you did. Whether you were teasing....meant it...was singing it to him or rapping it....you DID say it.

....now cowgirl up....;)

I already said I teased HD over the past year. If he has a problem with it he is more than welcome to let me know. He's a big boy, he can speak for himself, he doesn't need you to ride to his rescue. This is REALLY sounding like a desperate attempt to make a point now. :rolleyes:

Here is another post of mine, later in THIS thread...

OK I am going to go out on a limb and make a prediction here. Lebron re-signs in Cleveland, but only for a 2-3 year contract. He gets to save face in his hometown region, gives his home team a chance to put a better team around him, and isn't locked in for very long in case they don't.

Obviously this means we go through this whole thing AGAIN in 2-3 years...which Lebron seems to like as well. At that point Lebron will still be in his prime, Kobe, Wade, etc., will be 2-3 years older and probably not as King-like anymore, and unlike this year it will all be about Lebron.

Women's intuition...
wink.gif

Sandra

Wow, you really missed a lot! You need to pay better attention. ;)

Sandra

HHHMMMMM.....Interesting.....in this video, ESPN Chris Broussard mentions the possibility of the lack of Florida state tax helping in bringing Bosh and James...a few times.:rolleyes:

2010 NBA free agents: LeBron James, Chris Bosh, Dwyane Wade meet, discuss futures, sources say - ESPN

Interesting that you managed to find someone who agrees with your tax savings stance, but they work for the media company that you bash in your sig as hiring "jig-dancing clowns unprepared to insightfully examine the sports world they allegedly cover."

I already said I teased HD over the past year. If he has a problem with it he is more than welcome to let me know. He's a big boy, he can speak for himself, he doesn't need you to ride to his rescue. This is REALLY sounding like a desperate attempt to make a point now. :rolleyes:

Here is another post of mine, later in THIS thread...

Wow, you really missed a lot! You need to pay better attention. ;)

Sandra

Didn't miss much. Seeing that you went out on a limb and all! LOL! Cool, you came clean with a prediction. Good for you.!:up;)

See, HE has dished out and taken it.....in other words...cowboyed up...so to speak..;)

With that, considering that alot of has gone on....you really DID go on a limb....bravo!:clap:clap:clap

Interesting that you managed to find someone who agrees with your tax savings stance, but they work for the media company that you bash in your sig as hiring "jig-dancing clowns unprepared to insightfully examine the sports world they allegedly cover."

LOL!! It's not like it's anything new. I mean it is widely known among professional athletes and their agents for a long time now for all PROFESSIONAL sports.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)