The Lincoln Lawyer - Netflix

So... on the question of Harry Bosch... I am re-reading (audible unabridged) the book. I had not read it in years, so didn't catch this in the tv show.

The cop who was investigating the death of Jerry Vincent... it is none other than Harry Bosch. Up to this point, they did not know each other, as half-brothers.

So... on the question of Harry Bosch... I am re-reading (audible unabridged) the book. I had not read it in years, so didn't catch this in the tv show.

The cop who was investigating the death of Jerry Vincent... it is none other than Harry Bosch. Up to this point, they did not know each other, as half-brothers.

Wonder if they are going to stay with the half-brother connection? That doesn't seem likely to me.

I do see some Bosch like qualities in Griggs.

If they continue to use Griggs, it won’t be a familial thing. They cut other stuff out as well, so there is plenty of dramatic license.

I am enjoying listening to the audio book again. Peter Giles, the narrator, is the voice of Haller for me.

Via an email from MichaelConnelly.com the source for the next season is The Fifth Witness.
That is fantastic. I’ve actually taught that book in a criminal procedure and courts class. One of my favorites.

makes more sense then doing the reversal, in which he is a special prosecutor.

Possible.

Might also have something to do with the writers strike and doling out new content more slowly.
Read that Netflix ( and other streamers) have enough material to last 1-2 years, for example, The Witcher Season 3 airs this month, already filming Season 4 and 5 right now, scripts are already written.

Helps that you film so far ahead, unlike the Broadcast and Cable Channels, for example, ABC did not plan ahead, here is their Fall Schedule-

ABC FALL 2023-24 SCHEDULE
(New programs in bold)

MONDAY

8-10 PM — Dancing With the Stars
10-11 PM — The Golden Bachelor

TUESDAY

8-9 PM — Celebrity Jeopardy!
9-11 PM — Bachelor in Paradise

WEDNESDAY

8-9 PM — Judge Steve Harvey
9-9:30 PM — Abbott Elementary (Encore)
9:30-10 PM — Abbott Elementary (Encore)
10-11 PM — What Would You Do?

THURSDAY

8-9 PM — Celebrity Wheel of Fortune
9-10 PM — Press Your Luck
10-11 PM — The $100,000 Pyramid

FRIDAY

8-9 PM — Shark Tank
9:01-10 PM — 20/20

SATURDAY

7:30-11 PM — College Football

SUNDAY

7-8 PM — America’s Funniest Home Videos
8-11 PM — The Wonderful World of Disney

Fifth Witness is my favorite Haller book, and I even used it in a class once. I get why they changed the story - the foreclosure crisis was 12 years ago, but as with all of the Connelly adaptations, I am such a purist, I hate the melding of stories. And the Netflix / Prime reasons for not even acknowledging Bosch is the step-brother. Such is life.

Two episodes in, it is decent, but not in my binge category.

I enjoyed this. Had just heard of it but knew nothing about it. Randomly decided to start the first episode last month between episodes of Secret Invasion and ended up binging the first season just as the second season released.

It's a solid show, but more along the lines of shows like Burn Notice, a lot of it often a problem of the week issue but also some throughlines with an overall story. Only a few episodes (off the top of my head) made me eager to jump into the next.

Reactions: mackie99
Just finished the 2nd part of the 2nd season. Wife and I enjoyed it. They setup a 3rd season and hope it comes back.