The longest uplink (HD RSNs): Scott, can you rattle some cages?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Randall,

What do you mean by all of the games are in HD for the four non-football professional teams? FSNBA is currently advertising that they're covering 136 Giants games this season with 60 in HD. None of the four teams have all of their games in HD. It's more like 1/3 to 1/2 of the games.

FSNBA doesnt carry NFL games so we can count those two teams but the Warriors and Sharks games are all in HD and we do not get to see those.

I repeat! Not all Warriors and Sharks games, just like Giants and A's games, are in HD. Less than half are in all cases. We should get the ones that are in HD but we don't. Hopefully this will change in the very near future.

Randall,

What do you mean by all of the games are in HD for the four non-football professional teams? FSNBA is currently advertising that they're covering 136 Giants games this season with 60 in HD. None of the four teams have all of their games in HD. It's more like 1/3 to 1/2 of the games.

Had not seen your post and you're right not all of them are in HD. But we do have quiet a few games in HD and right now we're getting NONE. I really hope with all the shuffling going around that we'll finally get FSN Bay Area HD.

This is all from memory, but...

Ovation seems to hold the record for the channel uplinked the longest before becoming available on Dish if you include the time between uplinks. Ovation was uplined in early 1999 for the release of AT150 (what is now AT250). It popped up on the satellites a few times between then and now. It wasn't until a channel was BOUGHT OUT by Ovation (International Music Feed) that it became available on Dish on Jan. 9 this year. So it was nearly 9 years since the channel was first uplinked.

Other channels uplinked that took YEARS before they saw the light of day on customer's receivers:
Baltimore SD local channels (About 3 years)
Milwaukee SD local channels (About 2 years)
Oxygen (about 7 years)
KQRE Albuquesrque (Two years and a week) Uplinekd 3/1/06, made available 3/8/08

Channels uplinked that have NEVER become available on Dish:
American Life (then Goodlife TV)
Sportsman's Network
WAPA America
About a dozen international channels

See ya
Tony

Not Sure if it's good or bad (most things about Comcast are evil), but don't look for FSN-Bay Area after March 31st.

It's being relaunched as Comcast SportsNet Bay Area

Probably doesnt Change anything from a dish negotiations perspective since I believe Comcast bought (or traded for?) it a while ago and is just now changing the name.

It's actually the #1 thing that Dish is missing from my perspective, and I'll probably switch back to comcast soon if they dont have it by the start of the baseball season (sick of watching all those Sharks/Warriors game in crappy SD on Dish)

That's all we ask for, the games in HD. Besides football (Niners and Raiders), we have 4 professional teams in the Bay Area and all of their games are in HD. The bandwith is there, FSN tells us that the ball is on Dish Network's court so we know it's Dish Network.

Actually there are five teams that are broadcast on FSNBA HD if you include the arena football San Jose Sabercats. I think this is at least the third or forth year that FSNBA has had HD content. There are suppose to well over 100 Giants and A's games on FSNBA HD this season. Besides the I think FSNBA is on not only in the Bay Area (which is a top 5 DMA), plus the Sacramento valley, the Santa Cruz/Monterey area but also up north including parts of Oregon. That's a lot of customers that still don't have their RSN in HD yet, from a sat company that still calls themselves the HD leader.

Actually there are five teams that are broadcast on FSNBA HD if you include the arena football San Jose Sabercats.

There might be six. The reborn San Jose Earthquakes start play in Major League Soccer next month after being in limbo for two years. They might be airing their games on Comcast Sportsnet Bay Area; I don't think they've announced a deal yet but before they went away in 2005 they were on FSN-BA (just not in HD).

With all those teams, they should think about splitting into two separate channels.

FSN Bay Area also includes Fresno/Central California and Northern Nevada. Giants are supposed to have 60 HD games and the A's somewhere in the neighborhood of 30-40 HD games.

So what are the odds that Dish will stop broadcasting FSNBA after 03/31? This will suck big time for me if I miss the Sharks Cup push.

-Kurt

"So what are the odds that Dish will stop broadcasting FSNBA after 03/31?"

If that happens, bye bye Dish Network for me. I don't care if I have to pay cancellation fees but that will be the end of E* for me.

I too would love to have FSN BA in HD. Everytime I ask a CSR, they would reply that they do not have specific dates and to stay tune to Charlie Chats on 101.

On a side note, Welcome to ComcastSportsNet currently lists the Bay Area as one of their areas. The teams listed are the Giants, A's, Warriors, Sharks, Sabercats, Stealth (Soccer?), Cal, and Stanford. Feel a little neglected as a San Jose State Alum.

Last edited:
Couldn't Wait Any Longer

I signed up for Dish back in July of 2006, and at that time they were saying FSNBA HD would be here "soon". I have since switched back to Comcast. I can do without all of the Voom! continuously looped reruns and uprezzed "HD" programming, but I can't do without my FSNBA HD. 18 months is long enough to wait, and is hardly my definition of "soon".

Same with MSG! It was always said that Cablevision (who owns MSG) refused to allow MSG to a DBS provider. But MSG HD is now on D.

The Killer is MSG-HD on TWC here in the Buffalo shows the Sabres home games in HD. Not for us on Dish though. But then, when you watch NHL on the Fly on the NHL Network and you get the sabres highlights (or low lights in this years case) "MSG Call of the Game in HD".

I understand Direct has MSG-HD already in place, so if Dish doesn't do something by fall, I know I will be with Directv for next years Hockey Season.

Just so you are aware MSG HD is in place ONLY for NY Ranger games, Not Sabres games on D*.

Time warner has a monopoly on HD Sabres games.

Not sure about that. There is a guy that has Directv from Wheatfield and uses Harrision Ford for his icon. He claims he gets the home games in hd on Directv. The other thing here; is I want locals in hd, and the yes network for the yanks. I don't see that coming here very soon if at all:(

FWIW, regarding FSN Bay Area: this article mentions that on 3/31 it will change its name to Comcast SportsNet Bay Area, after Comcast bought a majority share of it last summer.

But still no word on when/if it will become available. Sigh.

FWIW, regarding FSN Bay Area: this article mentions that on 3/31 it will change its name to Comcast SportsNet Bay Area, after Comcast bought a majority share of it last summer.

But still no word on when/if it will become available. Sigh.

Read the article this morning hoping to see something new but was dissapointed to read that they will be offering even more HD games. :(

Just so you are aware MSG HD is in place ONLY for NY Ranger games, Not Sabres games on D*.

Time warner has a monopoly on HD Sabres games.

Darren,

MSG HD and MSG + are available on DirecTV and since MSG and MSG+ carry the NY Islanders, NJ Devils, Buffalo Sabres, and NY Rangers. DirecTV does carry all these teams in HD on Alternate feeds.

So if you live the appropriate DMA and you have DirecTV then you will get all the Teams in HD you qualify for from MSG HD in glorious HD.

Time Warner does NOT have a monopoly on HD Sabres Games.

Yes, if Dish does not add MSG HD before the NHL Season starts next season so I can get Sabres games in HD then it will be DirecTV for me as well.

John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts