The main issue I have with Dish

HCI

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 19, 2005
land of the ice and snow
I recently switched to Dish Network just to lower my bill. I don't watch very much TV, but I don't understand some of Dishes stupid I guess programming issues with my 625. First what happen just a few moments ago my wife records ER, she starts watching @ 9:30 so she can FF through commercials. Its around 10:15 when she finishes ER, I would like to watch the News after ER, but my 625 doesn't seem to think I should. Even though it is on the same channel the recording was on when the recording stops and it goes to live TV it has not stored any of the program before that point. My Directv units would do this no problem. Sometimes it will automatically switch the channel back to 101 after it finished recording a program also.

Another issue I have is say I have been watching something for 45 mins. I want to go to bed so I hit record, It only starts recording from that time, it disregards anything before that even if it is the same program.

Maybe I am just spoiled on Directv units.

Hate to hear the Probs man, but yeah thats the way it is. I like Dish's DVR's better than directs for a lot of things but they do have their( man I wish it had this feature thing)..:)

So what do you have with dish, I see you say 625, do you have just that one receiver or more and what package did you go with?

To solve the issue with pressing Record in the middle of a program, if you've been watching it from the beginning you should see an option "Record entire event" - this will record what's in the buffer from the beginning. If you started late, that option is unavailable but you can rewind the buffer as far as possible and then press Record.

I agree if you recorded the prior program and exit out to the same channel, it should have been buffering in background since the recording ended. That would be a good feature and should be easy for them to add.

There have been times we tried to rewind all the way back and we couldn't record the whole show. It used to work on the 500 series we had years back but not with out 625. We just record the whole event from the beginning now and watch later. The only live stuff we see now is NHL.

Hate to hear the Probs man, but yeah thats the way it is. I like Dish's DVR's better than directs for a lot of things but they do have their( man I wish it had this feature thing)..:)

So what do you have with dish, I see you say 625, do you have just that one receiver or more and what package did you go with?

I have only one 625. I do like the dual tuner, dual viewing feature this was the main thing that made me switch.

Are you having any problems with digitizing when you fast forward? Since I downloaded L462 I get a few seconds of digital blocking whenever I skip commercials.

There have been times we tried to rewind all the way back and we couldn't record the whole show. It used to work on the 500 series we had years back but not with out 625. We just record the whole event from the beginning now and watch later. The only live stuff we see now is NHL.

Something is wrong with your 625. Mine works as advertised, and I often re-wind to the start of the buffered recording to save all content from when it was tuned to the channel(limit of 2 hours on the both tuner buffers). Of course, if the box was tuned to the channel when the program started, I press record, then options and select "Record Entire Program." Has worked every time.

I have a 522 and i noticed the same problem of 'digitizing' recently. When i skip forward or back, it digitizes for a split second or 2. Kind of annoying.

:welcome to SatelliteGuys m1cross !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)