The Martian | Official Trailer [HD] | 20th Century FOX

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I watched the trailer and it seems to be very faithful to the book. I'm very much in!

That's how the book is written. It's an excellent and entertaining read. The movie will need to rated "R" for language if it stays true to the book.

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1434155180.351774.jpg

We are going to watch it tonight! Looking forward to it!

Isn't it ironic that NASA has announced the discovery of liquid water on Mars the week of this movie premiere?!! :D

I enjoyed it too. Somewhat similar to Apollo 13, but perhaps not as dramatic.
Well, I've never expected it to be too dramatic with Matt Damon is in the lead role! :D
Anyway, it's a good sci-fi flick. Certainly not in the same league with the Interstellar, but thoroughly enjoyable.

‘The Martian’ Suspended Between $55M-$56M – Sunday AM First Update https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/martian-blasts-off-thursday-night-143850303.html
Sunday AM first write thru after 5TH UPDATE 1:11 AM: Refresh for updates Last night the box office had a huge case of Saturday night fever with the top 11 films posting surges over Friday by an average of 61%. Late night receipts showed 20th Century Fox’s The Martian grossing an estimated $56M over three days, putting it on course to be the highest opening film ever in October. However, this morning, some bean counters are scaling back those projections. 20th Century Fox is calling the weekend for the Ridley Scott film at $55M, while others see it busting past the $55.8M made by Warner Bros.’ Gravity two years ago. As the old line goes: It all boils down to Sunday’s hold. Currently, Martian is the second best debut for October, Scott, and Matt Damon.Fox saw that they had the goods with Martian and moved it away from its Thanksgiving launch date. While it’s a great time to blast off a film, there’s those two weeks following the holiday where business gets clunky. Why slow a great film with that play period? By flipping Martian to this weekend, Fox has the entire October period in front of it to dominate before Sony’s Spectre shows up.Said 20th Century Fox domestic distribution chief Chris Aronson, “My hat is off to Ridley Scott and everyone at Scott Free for getting this movie finished in time. When you move up a movie as much as we did, that’s not a small feat. It’s an extraordinary achievement and it’s remarkable given the quality of this motion picture.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)