The Masters Experience on DirecTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The Masters Experience on DirecTV
Tune in April 10 - 13. No green fee required.

Link: DIRECTV: The Masters Experience

I can't wait for this!

It's about that time! The start of the Major season in Golf begins tomorrow in Augusta, GA. Can't wait.......

Not sure how this coincides with "The Masters Experience" on DirecTV, but here's an outline of this weekends TV schedule....

Wednesday, April 9
3:00pm- Master's Par 3 Contest- ESPN

Thursday, April 10
4:00 - 7:00 p.m.- Live Coverage- ESPN
8:00 - 11:00 p.m.- Replay of the first day telecast- ESPN
11:30 - 11:45 p.m.- Highlights Show- CBS

Friday, April 11
4:00 - 7:00 p.m.- Live Coverage- ESPN
8:00 - 11:00 p.m.- Replay of the second day telecast- ESPN
11:30 - 11:45 p.m.- Highlights Show- CBS

Saturday, April 12

3:30 - 7:00 p.m.- Live Coverage- CBS

Sunday, April 13
2:30 - 7:00 p.m.- Live Coverage- CBS

So I wonder if the Extra Direct channels (which are now showing up in the 700 to 710 range and have HD ONES!!) will have the same time's as the live TV coverage or if they will be available all day thursday thru Sunday.

This is so cool or Direct, Amen corner will be on all day Saturday!!!

So I wonder if the Extra Direct channels (which are now showing up in the 700 to 710 range and have HD ONES!!) will have the same time's as the live TV coverage or if they will be available all day thursday thru Sunday.

This is so cool or Direct, Amen corner will be on all day Saturday!!!

Yes!

701-705 are SD
706-710 are HD :) Enjoy!

Record a portion of Highlights ONLY?

I will be out of town during Masters (bummer) and would like to record ONLY the last hour of the Highlights in HD that is somewhere in the 700s on my guide. However, when I go to the guide it lists start time 6:00 a.m. and end time as 7:30 p.m. I have an H21-700 HD-DVR. Am I out of luck? It appears the recording option only allows to start recording up to five minutes early! I want to record from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. not 13 1/2 hours worth!

I went ahead and set my dvr for the "Amen Corner" hd feed. Forgot which channel. When I set to record it, it set it fine but then had a $ sign and said this ppv will record at 2p.m.

I called Direct and they said it was free and they are using a few of thier ppv hd channels. There will be no charge.:)

Nothing looks better than golf in hd.:)

Congratulations goes out in advance to the most disliked player on the Tour, Rory Sabatini! He won the Wednesday Tradition of the Par-3 Contest, so that means he won't win the Masters this year. No player that has won the Par-3 tournament has gone on and won the Masters in the same year! If If any of you believe in superstitions, this doesn't bode well for Sabatini.....

How?

Dude...manual record! Am I missing something?

Yeah, you are - manual record from 6:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.?
the H21 DVR only allows you to start from up to 5 minutes early to
3 hours late (past the end time). So how do you record manual
time at 6:30 P.M, 12 hours after it "starts"? And I'm out of town too?

Richard

Richard

Direct online scheduler.:)

How to "Manual Record"

Richard

From memory...
Go to Manage recordings (or something like that)
There should then be a manual option on the list (choose it)
then you select channel, date, start time & how long to record
then done :up

I don't know why DirecTV hasn't marketed this Master's Mix Channel better? I've been telling all the neighbors about this and no one even knew about it!

Quick story: I went out to eat at the local wing joint last night. (The bar had D* of course). Pretty much every TV in the place had the Master's on. I told them about channels 701-710 and advised them to dedicate a few TV's with these additional channels. One with the "Today's Highlights", one with "Amen Corner", one with "Holes 15-16" and one with the Mix split-screen so everyone could see the leader board. I wonder if they will take my advise??

I may be dreaming, but Ch 707 seems to have better PQ than Ch 206.
Both are MPEG2 since my HR10 can tune 707.
This may be due to 206 being 720p and 707 is 1080i along with less compression.

The interactive features are a nice addition.

Last edited:
I don't know why DirecTV hasn't marketed this Master's Mix Channel better? I've been telling all the neighbors about this and no one even knew about it!

Quick story: I went out to eat at the local wing joint last night. (The bar had D* of course). Pretty much every TV in the place had the Master's on. I told them about channels 701-710 and advised them to dedicate a few TV's with these additional channels. One with the "Today's Highlights", one with "Amen Corner", one with "Holes 15-16" and one with the Mix split-screen so everyone could see the leader board. I wonder if they will take my advise??

I hope they took your advise also. Because these channels are pretty cool!
I LUV IT!

Take a look at the detailed graphics on MASTERS MIX

On the Masters MIX HD Channel look how detailed the top of the channels graphics are.

Im referring to the golf course scene at the top,
Sit back and watch for several minutes.

1st Several ducks floating in the pond, even stops and sticks there head into the water.

2nd Look at the tree on the left beside the Masters logo, a early morning mist/haze floating past in the sun light.

3rd keep looking at the sun light thru the tree, a sun light spot will slowing come thru the tree and float towards the center.

4th Birds flying over in several directions over the course.

5th Slow moving water under the DIRECTV CBS LOGO.

Alot of small details that you dont notice unless you take a good look.

the logo-free picture really is excellent. I would always watch any channel that had logo-free programming much more than one that takes up 10% of the screen with obnoxious logo's and "swoosh" advertising letting me know what i am already watching and where .. good job directv :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)