The Masters Experience on DirecTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.
the logo-free picture really is excellent. I would always watch any channel that had logo-free programming much more than one that takes up 10% of the screen with obnoxious logo's and "swoosh" advertising letting me know what i am already watching and where .. good job directv :)

That's more because of Augusta National than D*. Augusta has always wanted The Masters to be as free from advertisers, network affiliation and commercials as possible. The CBS feed doesn't have the EYE logo in the bottom corner either.

Can anyone figure out why the Tournament Officials are wearing Yellow Hard Hats? Maybe I'm the only one who finds this weird. :)

Thru 3 it looks like Tiger is pressing and having trouble controlling his frustrations. On the other hand, 27 year-old, Brandt Snedeker seems to be just having fun out there and not letting Sunday's pressure get the best of him.

what do you have to do to get these 701-710 channels they have not been on my guide any of the days. My guide is on all channels

Last edited:
they just came in. I had to reset my hr21 and then about a half hour later the channels popped up

Can anyone figure out why the Tournament Officials are wearing Yellow Hard Hats? Maybe I'm the only one who finds this weird. :)

Thru 3 it looks like Tiger is pressing and having trouble controlling his frustrations. On the other hand, 27 year-old, Brandt Snedeker seems to be just having fun out there and not letting Sunday's pressure get the best of him.

I think you spike a little too son about Snedeker.

That's more because of Augusta National than D*. Augusta has always wanted The Masters to be as free from advertisers, network affiliation and commercials as possible. The CBS feed doesn't have the EYE logo in the bottom corner either.

This is mostly true, but the main reason for the "56 minutes of every hour is commercial free" has to do with protest/boycott complaints and threats from the femi-nazis out there complaining about the "Boys Club" that is Augusta National. Rather than fight them, they said "Okay, fine. We are independently wealthy as a private club and we will just drop the commercials and run with exclusive "partners" during the whole weekend." It has only been this way for a few years now, and I LOVE IT! Best boycott backfire EVER! :D

Thanks go out to IBM, AT&T, ExxonMobil, and in past years Cadillac, Coca-Cola & CitiGroup!!

This is mostly true, but the main reason for the "56 minutes of every hour is commercial free" has to do with protest/boycott complaints and threats from the femi-nazis out there complaining about the "Boys Club" that is Augusta National. Rather than fight them, they said "Okay, fine. We are independently wealthy as a private club and we will just drop the commercials and run with exclusive "partners" during the whole weekend." It has only been this way for a few years now, and I LOVE IT! Best boycott backfire EVER! :D

Thanks go out to IBM, AT&T, ExxonMobil, and in past years Cadillac, Coca-Cola & CitiGroup!!

I believe it has always been that way with the Masters, even before the protests.

That may well be, but the protests certainly brought the advertisers under the intense spotlight of Martha Burke. I never recall the Augusta National "spokesperson" coming on and making the claim so plainly that "56 minutes of every hour is commercial free". It is now said almost as spit in the face of Martha and her cranky protests.

Not to get too political, but if this were a public Country Club that received any public money and was excluding people based on race or gender or age, then I would be okay with her fight. But it is a private club that makes it own rules. If they don't want women, then so be it. If they want to insist that every member wears a certain color shoes or use a particular brand of clubs/balls, then so be it. If the members don't like the policies, they have a choice: quit the club, or fight for change from inside. I will now step down from my stump ;)

That may well be, but the protests certainly brought the advertisers under the intense spotlight of Martha Burke. I never recall the Augusta National "spokesperson" coming on and making the claim so plainly that "56 minutes of every hour is commercial free". It is now said almost as spit in the face of Martha and her cranky protests.

Not to get too political, but if this were a public Country Club that received any public money and was excluding people based on race or gender or age, then I would be okay with her fight. But it is a private club that makes it own rules. If they don't want women, then so be it. If they want to insist that every member wears a certain color shoes or use a particular brand of clubs/balls, then so be it. If the members don't like the policies, they have a choice: quit the club, or fight for change from inside. I will now step down from my stump ;)

I understand your point, but does Augusta National have a liquor license? If so, that means they are getting a benefit from the public sector. Do they also pay all the associated costs of public safety, etc.? I don't think any private clubs are completely insulated without getting any kind of benefit from the public.

You are the most ignorant poster I've ever read here. You have completely screwed up the facts, and on top of that you have an agenda to boot, based on absolutely incorrect information. I'm not going to waste my time informing you, you obviously don't want the facts to get in your way.

Long time golf fans know the facts. You don't. Troll?

You are the most ignorant poster I've ever read here. You have completely screwed up the facts, and on top of that you have an agenda to boot, based on absolutely incorrect information. I'm not going to waste my time informing you, you obviously don't want the facts to get in your way.

Long time golf fans know the facts. You don't. Troll?

Wow, maybe I deserved that, but I am no troll. And to bring an end to me being attacked and to get this topic back on point, I will say that I am sorry to have posted my personal political feelings on this forum. If I have offended anyone, I am truly sorry. These were my feelings and my opinions based on events that I experienced from a safe distance. I am nor part of, nor do I subscribe to, any agenda other than my own life. If I am wrong or way off base, I invite you (or anyone) to contact me via PM and let me know where I am wrong. I always welcome new and different perspectives on just about any topic in life. None of us is ever to old to learn something new. :)

But this topic was intended for HD golf coverage and D*'s cool features. Again I am sorry that I got it offtrack. So let's get back on topic... :eek: :up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts